13 - Felix Sandstrom - G (34%)
14 - Taylor Leier - F (31%)
15 - Radel Fazeleev - F (46%)
16 - Matej Tomek - G (33%)
17 - Danick Martel - F (25%)
18 - Mark Alt - D (28%)
19 - Christian Marti - D (32%)
20 - Mikhail Vorobyov - F (37%)

I'd done running these polls, but the next two guys in line based on the 20th poll are Kase and Goulbourne. You can find all the polls here:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21&prefixid=t4

Except for #15 because I accidentally labelled it as a Proposal instead of Prospect Info.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1930559&highlight=2015+top+flyers+prospects

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
What an insane difference a few years can make.

If you had told me years ago that our prospect pool would look like this I wouldn't have believed you.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
That is staggering. Kase would probably be a top 10 prospect in the Devils system and doesn't even crack our top 20.

Props are in order for Pryor, Hextall, and even Holmgren.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
That must be the best list of prospects I can remember ever being associated with the flyers at one time. Lindblom and Sandstrom are a little higher than my own personal ranking, and Stolarz and Leier a little lower, but everyone else one is around where I would put them.

Feels good have a promising future in place for once.

PF

Aug 23, 2003
UK
Visit site
I really think Goulbourne will end up at least getting a few NHL games in his career. For a guy outside of the top 20 that's pretty good depth.

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
That is staggering. Kase would probably be a top 10 prospect in the Devils system and doesn't even crack our top 20.

It's really only because most fans don't know much about him. He really is a top 15 prospect in our system. Talent wise he's top 10, but his size holds him back. These rankings will change by end mid season.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

Can someone please post the list from the year Gus was the top prospect and it was at an all-time low? Kase would have easily been in the top 5 that year.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
It's a pretty big crap shoot with most of these guys. The only real qualm I have is either Stolie is too low or Sandstrom/Tomek are too high.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Can someone please post the list from the year Gus was the top prospect and it was at an all-time low? Kase would have easily been in the top 5 that year.

Gus should still be our best prospect. I can't believe how dumb the entire NHL and even the KHL is. If they would just read these boards............

:sarcasm:

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
It's really only because most fans don't know much about him. He really is a top 15 prospect in our system. Talent wise he's top 10, but his size holds him back. These rankings will change by end mid season.

I feel the same way about Marody to be honest.

It's a real testament to our depth in the minor leagues that we have 2 guys who are almost guarenteed to make an NHL roster as a bottom 6 player in Dove-McFalls and Ghoulbourne and they don't even come close to making the top 20

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Gus should still be our best prospect. I can't believe how dumb the entire NHL and even the KHL is. If they would just read these boards............

:sarcasm:

Still in denial of the simple, brutal fact that he played well while with the club? It's an objective fact.

Or are you still gonna keep up your strawman that people here claimed he was a top pairing guy?

HighOFFHockey

Co-Founder of The Flyers Nitty Gritty
Aug 24, 2008
Philadelphia
flyersnittygritty.com
I could see him becoming a regular 4th liner with his skill set.

I think with each passing year he has less of a chance to make the team. The game is changing faster than he can improve. I just don't see it happening. However, I see physically he definitely has potential. If he was a little older I would say he had a chance to make this team, but I think he'll be traded away before he gets the chance.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Still in denial of the simple, brutal fact that he played well while with the club? It's an objective fact.

Or are you still gonna keep up your strawman that people here claimed he was a top pairing guy?

Gustafsson would have been our 3rd best offensive defensemen and 4th best defensemen overall last season behind Streit, Del Zotto, and Schultz. The guy was clearly an NHL calibre defensemen. He just didnt play a sexy game. Not big, strong, fast, etc. He reminded me of a guy like Francis Bouillon (although he threw some thumpers for a small guy from time to time).

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ

Not in denial of anything. I never said anything bad about Gus, just that he was overrated. He's a dime a dozen player, and while it may not be popular to say here, the entire NHL and KHL seem to hold the same opinion. He got a QO from the Flyers but I don't believe there was any other interest anywhere, and I don't think the Flyers expected him to accept the QO.

People claimed he was a top four defenseman, never accused anyone of saying he was a top pair defenseman. He is and was overrated around here by most.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Gus was a top 4 defensemen on this team, not in the general league-wide sense.

And even if you don't agree with that, we sure as **** didn't have 6 defensemen who were better than him while he was healthy scratched all those times.

The problem was that inferior defensemen, like Mez, Grossmann, Gil, etc still played over him. THAT is the issue we had and why so many were calling for him to be back in the lineup. I mean even if we give him and arbitrary rating of 3/10 he sure as **** better be playing if the rest of the options are 2/10s.

I honestly have no clue how this concept can be repeated so many times and still not get through to you.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Are Lindblom and Cousins really worthy of being over Stolarz?
Why not? I've been much more impressed by Lindblom than Stolarz, and, at least to me, Cousins has shown that he can play in the NHL without looking out of place. He has also scored at almost a PPG pace in the AHL his sophomore season, and with Stolarz's lackluster rookie season, I don't see why Cousins wouldn't be given the benefit of the doubt over Stolarz. So it might not be clear-cut, but I see arguments for both of those being ahead of the latter.

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008

I liked Gus, especially when he had chemistry with Schenn. But the brutal fact is he's not an NHL caliber player. That's why he's not in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00