6 - Scott Laughton (84%)
7 - Robert Hagg (59%)
8 - Nicholas Aube-Kubel (68%)
9 -

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Going to go off the board slightly here and vote Voyobyov. He has legit upside it seems and if he does hit Flyer scouts believe he can be a top 6 player. That's enough upside to consider him over the goalie prospects because of their uncertainty.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Lindblom... The guy improved a ton. For a while it looked like he might lead the whole World Junior tournament in scoring. Not to mention very respectable numbers in the SHL as an 18 year old.

Banger

Jan 17, 2003
Visit site
Lindblom... The guy improved a ton. For a while it looked like he might lead the whole World Junior tournament in scoring. Not to mention very respectable numbers in the SHL as an 18 year old.

ya, but it'll take him a couple years to even potentially get to the point where Cousins is now.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Cousins as he's the closest to being NHL ready along with Laughton.

I've never understood this line of thinking while ranking prospects. Just because he's 3-4 years older than a lot of these other guys and has played in the NHL, that makes him a more desirable prospect than a guy who has a better total package as a player? I don't think so. At best it should be a tie breaking criteria.

Banger

Jan 17, 2003
Visit site
I've never understood this line of thinking while ranking prospects. Just because he's 3-4 years older than a lot of these other guys and has played in the NHL, that makes him a more desirable prospect than a guy who has a better total package as a player? I don't think so. At best it should be a tie breaking criteria.

I think it depends on how close they are to the NHL, their age, and the probability that they make the NHL and the potential impact (floor/ceiling) they'll make. Lindblom still will be overseas for at least a year and when/if he does come over, what is his potential ceiling and what's the probability that it will be better than Cousins?

At this point I'd say Lindblom is still a long shot to get to the spot where Cousins is today (bubble NHLer).

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
ya, but it'll take him a couple years to even potentially get to the point where Cousins is now.

As in get close to the NHL? Who cares? Lindblom is the better long-term prospect. If you could only keep one in your system, picking Cousins would be the wrong move.

SchennSational1022*

The guy who was almost a PPG in the AHL.... Don't sleep on Martel either, excited about that kid.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I think it depends on how close they are to the NHL, their age, and the probability that they make the NHL and the potential impact (floor/ceiling) they'll make. Lindblom still will be overseas for at least a year and when/if he does come over, what is his potential ceiling and what's the probability that it will be better than Cousins?

At this point I'd say Lindblom is still a long shot to get to the spot where Cousins is today (bubble NHLer).

I like Cousins quite a bit, but I'd put money on NAK or Lindblom having more productive NHL careers. Cousins is kind of like Akeson in that he is an offensive tweener and I feel he might come up just short of being top 6 material, and I'm not sure if he'll be able to carve out a bottom 6 role with his skillset

Lindblom's skills are much more transferable up and down a lineup, IMO

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Cousins and lindblom or poor opposites prospect wise as many have pointed out. They should go back to back. Either way I hope the flyers fun room for cousins sooner then later and that lindblom comes over next season.

Funf

Sep 17, 2013
Philadelphia
The guy who was almost a PPG in the AHL.... Don't sleep on Martel either, excited about that kid.

Yeah, there hasn't been enough talk about Martel. Not just here, but everywhere. I haven't seen a game of his yet, and I'm really interested to know what his upside is. The only things I've heard about him were from Craig Button immediately after the signing, and Terry Murray I think, at the end of the year.

I feel like if we knew more about him, he might come in higher in the rankings.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Went Cousins last round. Going Cousins again. He's a bit underrated around these parts. I remember a year after his draft he was being compared to a hard-working, defensively responsible pest who has potential to score 20 plus goals. If the offense doesn't come at the NHL level, I think he is still a bottom 6 forward at worst.

His 73 PIM were 2nd amongst all top 25 AHL scorers as well. He plays with an edge that could translate to a bottom 6 role.

Last edited:

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Yeah, there hasn't been enough talk about Martel. Not just here, but everywhere. I haven't seen a game of his yet, and I'm really interested to know what his upside is. The only things I've heard about him were from Craig Button immediately after the signing, and Terry Murray I think, at the end of the year.

I feel like if we knew more about him, he might come in higher in the rankings.

I watched him once last season and he was the best player on the ice, playing against some guys that ended up going in the 1st round this draft (can't remember who I just remember there were at least 2). He isn't getting hype because he was an overager while putting up those great numbers, and because he is very undersized. He has insane speed and skill though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad