15 - Radel Fazeleev - F (49%)
16 - Matej Tomek - G (33%)
17 - Danick Martel - F (25%)
18 -

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
My talking Minion doll ... er, action figure ... umm, whatever it is, told me to vote Bardreau. It also mentioned something about the time of reckoning being nigh, whatever that means, and gestured menacingly toward the power tools.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Went Alt. Yea he stagnated with his injuries this past season, but he isnt a bad player.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Was between Vorobyov and Marti for me. Went with the center. Who knows if we'll ever see him though.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I think bill meltzer has voted for Alt in every poll since like poll 9. I guess at this point I have no problem with him winning this poll here so far down, but I just don't see much upside. Then again, were really getting down to the bottom here.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
It's odd because Alt was most likely a top 10 prospect last year for the Flyers. I think with some of additions the team has made to the pool, it'll be ever increasingly difficult for him to make the big club in an impactful way.

At some point, a trade or two has to happen for some of these 2nd and 3rd tier prospects so the D prospects can "get out of each others way" as they work their way up.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Crap shoot. Narrowed it to Vorobyov vs. Kase. Kase, despite his midget stature and blueline-in skils, struggled in the agility drills in development camp, especially when compared with like-sized players. Plus, they chose Vorobyov first. So I'll give him the unscientific nod.

I'll vote Kase 19, then it will be b/w Marti and Alt (somewhat similar players with good size and skating, and possible NHL 6/7s) for 20.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
Alt again. he may lose the popularity contest at this point but he is the best all around prospect left. Health and another year of experience should booster his stock after a poor season last year.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Don't really get the Vorobyov love.

... Because Todd Hearty said we had him rated very high and there wasn't much of a difference between him and a guy who went 20th overall.

http://www.mckeenshockey.com/uncate...aft-table-interview-flyers-scout-todd-hearty/

For Hearty the real prize in the middle rounds was Russian center Pavel Vorobyov, considered a solid second-round prospect by the team.

“We had Vorobyov really high,†said Hearty. â€We had quite a distance with no picks from 24 to 70…we had to take a goalie in the third (two actually) …and Vorobyov just kept falling for whatever reason. We got to the 90′s, and we got a deal where we could move back to 98 and get another pick, so we took (Samuel) Dove-McFalls, just because we thought the Russian factor might still come into effect, and (Vorobyov) was still there when we picked (at 104).â€

A 6-2 center from Ufa, Vorobyov was effective in U-18 competitions for Russia this season, earning accolades for his heady defensive play.

“He needs half a step, which is just strength,†said Hearty. “He’s a two-way center with size. He’s big and he’s skilled. I look at him, and I don’t see a huge, huge difference between him and (Joel Eriksson) Ek.

tymed

Jun 11, 2007
British Columbia
Gotta go with Alt here, although Im not sure where he stands at getting in the door here. Last season was his big clearcut chance to crack his way out of the minors without the other prospects clawing for the time alongside him. I havent seen much of him myself, but Id guess that he really needs to have a stepped up game this year to avoid losing out callup exposure time to the youngens.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I don't even think Alt is the best defenseman left on the board. He was probably a 6/7 guy at best before Provorov and Marti were added to the pool. I just can't see a scenario where he is a regular on this team therefore I don't see him as a top 20 prospect. The other guys may not become regulars either, but I can at least picture it.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
I don't even think Alt is the best defenseman left on the board. He was probably a 6/7 guy at best before Provorov and Marti were added to the pool. I just can't see a scenario where he is a regular on this team therefore I don't see him as a top 20 prospect. The other guys may not become regulars either, but I can at least picture it.

Is marti already ahead of alt of d depth? I mean he may very well be after this season but as of now Marti hasn't proven anything at any competitive NA or national level. I haven't watched him play one game in the Swiss league but his numbers didn't really impress me considering his skill set (according to other). Like I said I haven't watched him so I can't agrue who is better off eye test. being RH also works a lot in alt favour. As a 6/7 D I'd rather have a RH who might allow their partner play a more nature position esp considering how deep are 5 may in the future.

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
Is marti already ahead of alt of d depth? I mean he may very well be after this season but as of now Marti hasn't proven anything at any competitive NA or national level. I haven't watched him play one game in the Swiss league but his numbers didn't really impress me considering his skill set (according to other). Like I said I haven't watched him so I can't agrue who is better off eye test. being RH also works a lot in alt favour. As a 6/7 D I'd rather have a RH who might allow their partner play a more nature position esp considering how deep are 5 may in the future.

Marti is a mobile shutdown defenseman playing in the Swiss National League. I'd say he is a much better prospect than Alt. The only reason I think people are voting for Alt is because they know the name better. I think Marti has a higher chance of actually being something in the NHL. I don't think Alt ever makes it more than a 6/7 guy.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Alt is a mobile two-way guy who has been playing in the AHL. Until they both play together on the same team it's very hard to judge them.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I think that quote and is why, but Hearty and the Flyers also picked Dove ahead of him, and I don't think he's gotten a single vote so far.
The main reason they picked Dove-McFalls ahead of him is because they knew Vorobyov would be available just a few picks later. Dove-McFalls was well known and generated some buzz pre-draft. I don't recall Vorobyov having much at all.

The depth chart right now? No maybe not, but he's a better prospect moving forward IMO. Alt will be 24 when the season rolls around and I don't think he's really close to an NHL spot and the competition is only going to get stiffer from here on out. This past season was his chance to stake a claim and obviously that did not happen. I like Marti's tools better. Neither will be an offensive guy in the NHL, but I think Marti would be better in a shutdown role than Alt. I watch Alt play and yeah he moves 'OK' for a bigger guy but nothing about his game really stands out. The little I have seen of Marti, I think he could be a tough guy to play against. Big strong kid that moves well, and shows a heavy shot when he gets an opprtunity. Marti will be 22 for most of the season and on the 1st year on an ELC. Time will be on his side.

I'm also not sure I would judge Marti based on his statline. (1) He's not an offensive guy and (2) the NLA (and European hockey in general) its hard to put up a lot of points as a defenseman. Just to put it into perspective, his 12 points in 50 games in 13-14 was 2nd best for defensemen on his team (and he led them in scoring in the playoffs). Also led Swiss D in points his last year at the World Juniors (Mirco Muller was on that team).

I don't want to make Marti out to be some bonafide Top 4 NHL defenseman because he's not. He's still a prospect, but I just like his odds of becoming a regular better.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Marti's 15 months younger and has two years left on his ELC versus one for Alt. That's not a big difference. It will come down to how well they play for the Phantoms.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00