6 - Scott Laughton (84%)
7 - Robert Hagg (59%)
8 - Nicholas Aube-Kubel (68%)
9 - Oskar Lindblom (36%)
10 - Nick Cousins (37%)
11 -

Quenda

Jul 4, 2015
Cooling on Stollie but probably him here. Friedman or Alt next. Latter very underrated if he falls past 12/13th.

Rest of the group too speculative to definitively pin down.

Jray42

May 10, 2009
Philadelphia
I like what I'm hearing about Sandstrom, but it's too early for him to be put in with the other prospects IMO. There is so much unknown with goalies, and a lot can happen within the next few years. For instance, I feel like Stolarz was more hyped than Sandstrom back when he was drafted, and that's died down considerably.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Stolarz.

Too early for me to put Sandstrom ahead of him and Stolarz has accomplished too much for me to write him.

Stolarz 2013-2014 OHL Season
35 GP
.926 SV% (1st in OHL)
2.52 GAA (2nd in OHL)
4 SO (T-5th in OHL)

Hopefully he wins the starting job for the Phantoms this year and shows he's the real deal.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I like what I'm hearing about Sandstrom, but it's too early for him to be put in with the other prospects IMO. There is so much unknown with goalies, and a lot can happen within the next few years. For instance, I feel like Stolarz was more hyped than Sandstrom back when he was drafted, and that's died down considerably.

I'm going by what I saw at development camp -- I was highly, highly impressed by Sandstrom. And at this stage of prospect voting, there's a lot of unknowns with all of the contenders.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
Stolarz.

Too early for me to put Sandstrom ahead of him and Stolarz has accomplished too much for me to write him.

Stolarz 2013-2014 OHL Season
35 GP
.926 SV% (1st in OHL)
2.52 GAA (2nd in OHL)
4 SO (T-5th in OHL)

Hopefully he wins the starting job for the Phantoms this year and shows he's the real deal.

Stolarz also was 19/20 that season and playing for a complete powerhouse of a London team that played stifling defense.

But he's smart, athletic, and huge, so he certainly has tools. I'll be interested to see how he performs in his second season with the Phantoms after really struggling in the second half last season.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
Stolarz also was 19/20 that season and playing for a complete powerhouse of a London team that played stifling defense.

But he's smart, athletic, and huge, so he certainly has tools. I'll be interested to see how he performs in his second season with the Phantoms after really struggling in the second half last season.

The 2013-2014 London team wasn't a complete powerhouse, nor were they over the top excellent defensively.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008

I know. But those are still impressive numbers and yes he has the frame to be an elite NHL goalie.

Flyersfan1014

Jan 6, 2010
Reading PA
I went with Martel. I kind of have a soft spot for the small guys. Hopefully his points can translate into the pros though. He's definitely skilled but it's just a matter of if his skill set and size can work against the bigger and more mature players.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
The 2013-2014 London team wasn't a complete powerhouse, nor were they over the top excellent defensively.

They were loaded.

49-14-5. (Guelph and Erie had 52 wins.)

Domi, Horvat, Marner, Zadorov, McCarron (all first round picks).

Plus Tierney and Stolarz (both drafted in the top 55 overall).

And several other draftees.

And Dale Hunter coached teams always play excellent defense. The team only gave up 203 goals on the season, which wasn't best in the OHL that season but is still quite stringent.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Went with Friedman. Voted Stolarz in the last poll in hopes of beating out Cousins since I could respect Stolarz being that high, but not Cousins. Now that Cousins went my votes for Friedman. I feel like he has the highest upside of the remaining players as of today and he doesn't get the hype he warrants because he's not well-known or widely-watched. A lot of guys I could see potentially being higher in future years polls though once they're more established and we see more of them.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
They were loaded.

49-14-5. (Guelph and Erie had 52 wins.)

Domi, Horvat, Marner, Zadorov, McCarron (all first round picks).

Plus Tierney and Stolarz (both drafted in the top 55 overall).

And several other draftees.

And Dale Hunter coached teams always play excellent defense. The team only gave up 203 goals on the season, which wasn't best in the OHL that season but is still quite stringent.

Marner was only 16. Horvat, Domi, Zadorov and McCarron were only one year past their draft. What they've become isn't what they were that season. They were maybe the third of fourth best team in the OHL, and maybe a top ten team in the entire CHL. There were probably a half a dozen teams more deserving of the fourth spot at the Memorial Cup, if not for the auto spot to the host team.

Let's not pretend that Stolarz was to London what Osgood was to the '08 Wings.

Last edited:

GhostIsBae

Ghost Whisperer
Jul 18, 2014
Sandstrom should be in this spot after the dev camp. He is smooth, hype machine is warming up.

Ghosts Beer

Feb 10, 2014
I think you're nitpicking a bit if you don't want to consider the 2013-14 Knights a powerhouse team. OK, they played in an unreal division with Guelph and Erie, who both managed 52 wins instead of 49, but all three were fantastic squads. Erie even made Oscar Dansk look acceptable, and he had to leave for overseas because he couldn't make it in the AHL or ECHL.

I'm not arguing that London was the best team in the CHL that year, but they were extremely good and Dale Hunter coached, and I think that combined with Stolarz being 19/20 should certainly be factored when considering Stolarz' stats for that season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad