8 - Nicholas Aube-Kubel (68%)
9 - Oskar Lindblom (36%)
10 -

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
Went with cousins....man has stolarz fallen this far? Might not even be top 12

I think with the influx of D talent and Mason doing well or rather has done well, Stolarz is sliding - only for those two facts.

Goalies are hard to pin point when it comes to TOP prospects (hard to lump them in with 'skaters')

For me, Stolarz HAS to be next.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Man it's nice to have good prospects.

Stolarz still has starters potential. Cousins does not have top 6 potential. Going to go with Stolarz. I do think that Freidman will jump up this list next year.

Banger

Jan 17, 2003
Visit site
it's tough because you have guys like Bardeau, Martel that I've read good things about but haven't seen them play yet....went with Cousins at this spot but this team is soooo much deeper in 2 years than I can ever remember it.

The most depth at obviously defense and possibly goalie now than perhaps any time while upgrading the AHL talent to a somewhat respectable level.

BackWithaVengeance

Jan 19, 2008
Germany
Friedman for me.

Really curious to see how much he progressed this year. Hopefully he will become a steady minute-eater as a future top-4 defender.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
For me Lindblom should not be in our top ten. Heck I hope he proves me wrong but I have Cousins and Stolarz rated higher. All in all there are some really good kids in the pipeline.

Hakroach

Veteran Presence
Jan 4, 2005
Helsinki
Stolarz. Fazleev next, then Friedman.

Cousins is way overrated. He'll be a fringe fourth liner at best in the NHL. Most likely a career AHL or KHL player.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Stolarz. Fazleev next, then Friedman.

Cousins is way overrated. He'll be a fringe fourth liner at best in the NHL. Most likely a career AHL or KHL player.

I get the case for Stolarz and Friedman, but how do you justify rating Fazleev more highly than Cousins? His ceiling seems similar (bottom six forward) and he's further from it.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
I voted Stolarz. I don't see the love for Cousins. As everybody else has mentioned, I can't see him being more than a career 4th liner with 3rd line ability.

Stolarz does have starting goalie potential. Friedman has potential second pairing potential. They're both further off than Cousins but I wouldn't rate him as a top 10 prospect.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Stolarz is my pick... I'm in complete agreement with what several others have said about Cousins. He most likely never amounts to more than a NHL/AHL tweener. He's actually way down my list. I'd rather use my vote for a guy with more potential like Stolarz, Sandstrom, Friedman, or Vorobyov.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
Man it's nice to have good prospects.

Stolarz still has starters potential. Cousins does not have top 6 potential. Going to go with Stolarz. I do think that Freidman will jump up this list next year.

The standouts at this point are all pretty close for me (Friedman, Fazleev, Kase, Marody, Stolarz, Bardeau, Martel, etc. with Stolars/Friedman having slight edges probably) so I'll vote for Stolarz here simply because I wholly agree with that line of reasoning. A prospect isn't very good (relatively speaking) if the potential isn't there for a high level impact. I think Cousins will most likely go the way of a player like Akeson, but regardless he doesn't have top six potential. I don't have that kind of doubt about the rest of these players around him in the rankings.

Garbage Goal

Apr 1, 2009
I get the case for Stolarz and Friedman, but how do you justify rating Fazleev more highly than Cousins? His ceiling seems similar (bottom six forward) and he's further from it.

I'd rank Fazleev above him too. My own reasoning is that even if the upside is similar, myself (as well as many others apparently) are thinking Cousins won't even be an NHL player as the most realistic outcome for him. I've been repeating an Akeson comparison ever since I heard someone else say it.

With Fazleev it's not that he's a lock to make his upside, but I don't have any secure doubt about him making his upside as opposed to Cousins who I do have that doubt about.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Have to go with Friedman here. His upside is higher than anyone remaining, and I'm not particularly enamored with Cousins's game. I would also have Fazleev above Cousins. Cousins might have more natural offensive instincts, but Fazleev's energy and dependability will take him further, imo.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
After Hagg, it all gets dicey.

I have no idea what NAK has done to deserve winning #8 by such a large margin.

Frankly, after what I saw at prospect camp, I think I might go Sandstrom with my next vote.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I agree with Les, don't see Cousins turning into much of anything. If he comes anywhere near Andrew Shaw, we should be thanking our lucky stars. Went with Friedman...I have a good feeling about him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad