2015-16 Start/Sit Week 16

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
Big week! Thankfully I still have one team alive and am not affected by the OBJ suspension. Good luck to all in the finals.

I just picked up Bortles off the wire two weeks in prep of this week, even though I didn't need him. So who do I start at QB? Am I crazy to consider anyone other than Cam, even though they both have better matchups?

Newton @ ATL, Big Ben @ BAL or Bortles @ NO (worst QB defense)

Pick 3 for both WR and Flex slots:
Julio Jones vs. CAR
Allen Robinson @ NO
Doug Baldwin vs STL
Jordan Matthews vs WSH

D/ST: Texans @ TEN or Cardinals vs GB

Thanks!

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
I'm in the championship and my RB's are Stewart, McCoy, and Robinson :facepalm:

I'm toast. There is absolutely nothing on the waiver wire for me to pick up. Woodhead and who else? Bell or Riddick?

mil6xz.jpg

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Big week! Thankfully I still have one team alive and am not affected by the OBJ suspension. Good luck to all in the finals.

I just picked up Bortles off the wire two weeks in prep of this week, even though I didn't need him. So who do I start at QB? Am I crazy to consider anyone other than Cam, even though they both have better matchups?

Newton @ ATL, Big Ben @ BAL or Bortles @ NO (worst QB defense)

Pick 3 for both WR and Flex slots:
Julio Jones vs. CAR
Allen Robinson @ NO
Doug Baldwin vs STL
Jordan Matthews vs WSH

D/ST: Texans @ TEN or Cardinals vs GB

Thanks!

Wow... you really can't go wrong. I'd go with Roethlisberger against the leaky Ravens pass defense.

I'd sit Matthews.

And Houston

I'm in the championship and my RB's are Stewart, McCoy, and Robinson :facepalm:

I'm toast. There is absolutely nothing on the waiver wire for me to pick up. Woodhead and who else? Bell or Riddick?

mil6xz.jpg

Michael and Karlos Williams could be good adds.

bradm6125

May 20, 2009
On an 8-2 run the past 10 weeks after declaring I was ready to sell (dynasty). Made a huge deal that turned my season around:

I got: Brees, Jarvis Landry, Charcandrick West
He got: Luck, Boldin, Jordan Cameron

He was huge on Luck, who was apparently healthy at the time of the deal. I needed some RB help, so Charcandrick was my main interest. Ended up turning into a massive steal with a couple huge weeks from all 3 guys I got (Brees put up 92pts over the next 2 weeks lol). He ended up dropping Cameron and Boldin.

I have Justin Forsett on the IR (15th round keeper), and will be dropping my first rounder DeMarco Murray this week for some RB help.

Heading into the final week I'm in tough, but hoping for a decent finish:

Brees or Derek Carr
Charcandrick West / Buck Allen / Waiver pickup (Artis Payne, Ajayi, or Michael)
Ginn/ Antonio Brown / Landry / Tavon Austin / Snead / Davante Adams
Barnidge/ ASJ
Patriots

This will probably be my final lineup:

QB - Brees
RB - West/Allen (Or Artis-Payne if I get him)
WR - Ginn/Brown/Landry
TE - Barnidge
Flex - Snead
DST - Patriots

Last edited:

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
Wow... you really can't go wrong. I'd go with Roethlisberger against the leaky Ravens pass defense.

That's probably a good call, if Ben can torch the Broncos he should be a solid play. I agree the Ravens pass D is leaky, but they've been a lot better in 2 of 3 previous games (KC & Miami). Either way I think I'll be in good shape. Thanks again.

For my only league I made the final in...

Pick two (standard):

Cooper vs. SD (Thursday)
John Brown vs. GB
Landry vs. IND
Cooks vs. JAX

They're all around the same range for me. Cooper is apparently a bit banged up so that could be a factor. And SD's pass D is pretty decent. Landry's matchup is pretty good so he might be a good start. Cooks may be a little higher risk-reward and Brown is the safer play I think. Tough call! I'm thinking Landry & Brown.

Mr Fahrenheit

Valar Morghulis
Oct 9, 2009
Texans D vs Tenn or Cincinnati D vs Denver

Picked up Texans just for this week if I made it but Bengals D looks real good too

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Am I crazy for wanting to start Allen Hurns over Demaryious Thomas? I feel like NO vs JAX is gonna be a shootout and Hurns is going to have a big game. I also have Freeman and Gurley as my RBs but hate their match ups, should I look elsewhere for RBs? I'm probably just over thinking things but I have a bad feeling about both of those games.

*Bob Richards*

For my Flex spot, who should I choose:

Karlos Williams vs. Dallas
Jordan Reed vs. Philadelphia
Jeremy Maclin vs. Cleveland

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
my RB/WR flex spot?

Antonio Andrews (at least 7 points each of last 5 weeks)
Donald Brown (the guy with injuries in SD)
Tavon Austin (streaky, had big week last week)
Matt Jones (Wash RBs are so hit and miss)

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Bortles vs NO or Big Ben vs Bal?

I know the Saints pass D is historically bad and all, but you're going to need a much bigger disparity between the Saints pass D and the Ravens pass D to even consider starting Bortles over Roethlisberger. 3 of the last 4 weeks, Ben faced the 3 best pass defenses in the league (Seattle, Cincinnati, Denver) and still put up respectable numbers overall. He's most likely going to completely go off on Sunday.

bradm6125

May 20, 2009
Stessing on who my starting QB will be this week.

Brees/Carr/Winston

Do I play Carr tomorrow night and hope Brees plays sunday? Or do I skip both for Jameis?

This plantar injury is scaring me.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Carr or Cousins?

Currently raining in Oakland and NFL network was reporting that they may give Woodson some wr duties in his send-off to retirement. smh.

which leads me to my next question. . .

Cooper or Decker.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Karlos Williams, Buck Allen or Alfred Morris?

Williams seems obvious but Gillislee has kinda emerged.

Williams

Texans D vs Tenn or Cincinnati D vs Denver

Picked up Texans just for this week if I made it but Bengals D looks real good too

Houston

Am I crazy for wanting to start Allen Hurns over Demaryious Thomas? I feel like NO vs JAX is gonna be a shootout and Hurns is going to have a big game. I also have Freeman and Gurley as my RBs but hate their match ups, should I look elsewhere for RBs? I'm probably just over thinking things but I have a bad feeling about both of those games.

No, that isn't crazy.

I am benching Gurley for a league this week, so I don't blame you. I'd start Freeman, though.

For my Flex spot, who should I choose:

Karlos Williams vs. Dallas
Jordan Reed vs. Philadelphia
Jeremy Maclin vs. Cleveland

Reed, but all three are good options

my RB/WR flex spot?

Antonio Andrews (at least 7 points each of last 5 weeks)
Donald Brown (the guy with injuries in SD)
Tavon Austin (streaky, had big week last week)
Matt Jones (Wash RBs are so hit and miss)

Brown

Bortles vs NO or Big Ben vs Bal?

Ben

Stessing on who my starting QB will be this week.

Brees/Carr/Winston

Do I play Carr tomorrow night and hope Brees plays sunday? Or do I skip both for Jameis?

This plantar injury is scaring me.

I'd wait and play Winston or Brees.

Pick 3 RB Freeman, Gurley, D.Robinson and Hightower. Also, Barnidge or B.Watson?

Bench Gurley... Barnidge

James White or Markus Wheaton .5ppr

White

Carr or Cousins?

Currently raining in Oakland and NFL network was reporting that they may give Woodson some wr duties in his send-off to retirement. smh.

which leads me to my next question. . .

Cooper or Decker.

Cousins and Cooper

habsjosh2k2

Sep 28, 2006
Lost OBJ, but I'm facing Eli, so the suspension could work in my favor.

Who should I start at QB (assuming Brees will be playing)?

Brees vs Jax

or

Cousins vs Phi

and pick one for my flex (0.5 PPR)

-K. Williams vs Dal
-A. Abdullah vs SF
-T. Hightower vs Jax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad