Confirmed with Link: 2015-16 Schedule Released

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
no back to back 2nd games against the habs this year. I think every game we played them last year was a 2nd in a back to back.

much better.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think the team struggled a lot with B2Bs in general last season (they lost most of them) but it sucked more that Montreal was the second half opponent in all of their meetings-and I think twice Montreal was in Boston while the Bruins played their first game of the B2B on the road.

The schedule seems a bit kinder with regards to B2Bs this season.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Did I read here that we only have 1 home game vs Habs this season? Ridiculous.

Thank goodness we can watch Panthers, Coyotes, and Nashville.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
Please note that there are 3 games in Montreal, and only 1 home game. The Winter Classic is effectively neutral site, IMO. Who the hell decided that?

Only 13/41 games on Sat/Sun which seems really low.

What is with the 7 pm game in Montreal on a Saturday followed by a 5 PM Sunday game at NYI? Oh right, we are all slaves to NBC.

God, I wish this was a lockout year.

But you get to see the Wild!!

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
This new schedule is making me less of a fan. So many useless boring games on there. 1 ****ing home game against Montreal? What a joke. Should be 3 minimum, if not 4.

I work in a league (ECHL) with an unbalanced schedule, where we only see about half of the league's teams. While rivalries are great, I prefer seeing a variety of teams rather than seeing the same 3-4 teams come through 4-5 times a season.

I don't mind the more balanced schedule & playing every team in the league home/away. With the new (and, IMO, idiotic) division-based playoff format, make the playoffs and you'll likely see those rivalries kindled. That said, with 5 games against Montreal and one being the Winter Classic, it's ridiculous that the B's go to the Bell Centre three times but have them at the Garden once (but not as ridiculous as playing them 4x on the second half of a back-to-back like last year).

Really, who are the teams we want to see more? Other than Montreal, I don't really see the "big" rivalry that we need to see several times a year. I'm not sure it's better to lose playing games against Vancouver, Chicago or LA so we can see Toronto/Buffalo/Ottawa three times instead of two. Of the old Adams Division rivalries, Quebec & Hartford are long-gone, and Buffalo never really felt any more special than games against other teams. Of our current division foes, Toronto/Detroit (and Montreal) are fellow O6 teams, but neither really comes across as a huge rivalry.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I do like of like the balanced schedule - I wouldn't mind a compromise, however. Right now, we play 28 interconference games. Perhaps bring it down to 20 or 22 - the Atlantic plays Pacific home-and-away for 14 games, and plays 6 or 8 games total in the Central - either 3 home and 3 away with skipping a team, or 4 home and 4 away with doubling up one team like the Pacific.

The extra 6-8 games could be spread in the division so that the Atlantic plays 5 games each, with either an extra game (if it's 8) or one game removed (if it's 6).

Add to this one firm rule: last year's Stanley Cup Final always get 2 games. Perhaps that means the 22 interconference and 6 extra intradivisional games deal is better. To me, that's the best argument for having each team play in every arena. I don't really want to see the Flames here every year. But if by some weird twist we do manage to make the SCF with the Wild, I want to see them back at the Garden the next year. And I'm sure they'd want to see us at their home, too.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Why do the Bruins always play the Habs at Bell more than TD Garden? If anything its the Habs turn to play more games in Boston surely

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I fully expect 25,000 Habs fans at Foxborough and I am predicting we will see the worst traffic jam ever that day.

The majority of fans from Quebec will leave around 5 or 6 AM figuring on a 5 hour drive to the stadium. Pretty easy to guess what will happen.

I wasn't going to go as I don't care for arenas that are that big but my daughter wants to go so we made hotel reservations and will be going I hope the B's win.

I am psyched that the schedule is out....Now I can plan my life:)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Please note that there are 3 games in Montreal, and only 1 home game. The Winter Classic is effectively neutral site, IMO. Who the hell decided that?

Only 13/41 games on Sat/Sun which seems really low.

What is with the 7 pm game in Montreal on a Saturday followed by a 5 PM Sunday game at NYI? Oh right, we are all slaves to NBC.

God, I wish this was a lockout year.

Considering they play 5 games, one of them being the Winter Classic, you would think the schedule makers would of given 2 of the remaining 4 to each team's building. But after last year's back-half back-2-back vs. Habs fiasco, I'm not surprised the schedule makers again favour the Habs.

And another March of multiple back-2-backs. 4 back-2-backs in the 3 months of Oct/Nov/Dec, but then 3 in a month to finish the season.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I hate how people are writing the Bruins off already and the draft hasn't been no free agency. Im confident, am I weird?

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
No St. Patrick's day home game this year!?

Huh. That's odd. It might vaguely have to do with the Hockey East tourney, which, for at least the last two years has taken place on the third Friday/Saturday of March. (Or maybe it's the next-to-last Friday/Saturday.) That would place the tourney on 3/18-3/19, but having another hockey game on 3/17 wouldn't be undoable, I think. Hockey East isn't particularly anal about advertising like the NCAA (they had to remove banners and all last year), but I don't think you have to do TOO much to the arena to change from Bruins hockey to Hockey East hockey.

That's the week of their CA road trip - St. Patrick's day will have to come 5 days early. Hopefully the Celtics will step in - logistically, I think that would be more of a pain for the crew to go from parquet to ice in less than 24 hours. That said, I've always wondered why the CELTICS haven't gone for the St. Paddy's day home game. Their colors are green, and their mascot is a leprechaun, and they're NAMED for Ireland.

There is a big, big problem with the WC. It counts even MORE than it should. A good scheduler would have given us the extra home game. I'm not saying this because I'm a whiny Boston fan; if it were outdoors in Montreal, I'd give the Habs the extra game. Additionally, the WC should be the first "home" game the Bruins have out of the three home games. Why? This removes the WC from the head-to-head tiebreaker. Now, if the Bruins and Habs tie in points and ROW (I know, that's remarkably and specifically tough to do, bu it can happen), only four of the five games count in the head-to-head tiebreaker - but the game that gets tossed is the first habs home game. Make the WC the first Bruins home game out of 3, and two games at the Belle Center and the Garden count, and the WC gets tossed.

EDIT: By the way, whoever said something about the Sunday games - I don't see that many that conflict with the Patriots. Only 3 Sunday games total before the SB, all at 5 PM. The only "conflicts" I see are:

Sept 20: Pre-season Bruins away game vs. Patriots regular season away game. With a 7 PM and 1 PM start, respectively. Park your butt if you really want the preseason game (if it's even televised), but that's not a big deal.

Nov 8: Redskins come to Gillette, currently scheduled at 1 PM. Bruins go to Brooklyn at 5 PM. Fine for TV viewers. If you're going to the game, you might need to DVR the B's.

Nov 23: MNF, Bills come here at 8:30. Almost simultaneously, Bruins go to Toronto at 7:30. Catch the first hour on NESN, then switch to ESPN. The only real conflict.

Dec 20: Titans come here at 1. Devils come here at 5. If you're a STH for the Patriots AND the Bruins, you can probably afford to create a teleporter to get from Gillette to the Garden. For those of us watching at home, it's a nice day to be a couch potato - if you've done all your shopping.

Dec 27: We go to the Jets at 1, and we go to Ottawa at 5. Another holiday couch potato day.

That's assuming that the times don't get flipped - which they easily could, given the NFL's flex scheduling. The bigger problem with football that I see is the Wild Card and Divisional Round football games - if they happen on Saturday for the Pats, AND if the Pats get a slot that conflicts with a 7 PM game.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad