Confirmed with Link: 2015-16 Schedule Released

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
Please note that there are 3 games in Montreal, and only 1 home game. The Winter Classic is effectively neutral site, IMO. Who the hell decided that?

Only 13/41 games on Sat/Sun which seems really low.

What is with the 7 pm game in Montreal on a Saturday followed by a 5 PM Sunday game at NYI? Oh right, we are all slaves to NBC.

God, I wish this was a lockout year.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
Bummer. They're only in Washington once and it's while I'm abroad. Oh well - it's actually not that great to watch Holtby own their sorry butts for 60 minutes anyway.

Hopefully I'll be able to catch a game while I'm in Boston in January or March.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Please note that there are 3 games in Montreal, and only 1 home game. The Winter Classic is effectively neutral site, IMO. Who the hell decided that?

What is with the 7 pm game in Montreal on a Saturday followed by a 5 PM Sunday game at NYI? Oh right, we are all slaves to NBC.

No you don't.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
For me, the only way this could've been better is if the trip to Columbus was on a weekend (it's a Tuesday night ... I still may go even though it's a school/work night and we'd get home at 2 a.m.).

Friday-Sunday trip to St. Louis-Chicago, both of which are 4-hour drives for me, in April, during my vacation from work? Count me in.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Bruins have 3 games vs the habs in Montreal this year :) going to all three for sure.
Bruins Habs in October, Nov, Dec, twice in January. Definitely going to ottawa too, so thats 5 games this year

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

I'm not sure the WC is a neutral site, but it's definitely less of a home ice advantage than the Garden. But seriously, WTF, NHL? BOS/MTL meet 4x for the last two years since realignment. We're due for a fifth meeting with the extra at the Garden, not the Belle Center. And this is definitely the most logical year to do it.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Do my eyes deceive me?! I don't see a single back to back game stretch ending vs the Canadiens. :amazed:

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I'm not sure the WC is a neutral site, but it's definitely less of a home ice advantage than the Garden. But seriously, WTF, NHL? BOS/MTL meet 4x for the last two years since realignment. We're due for a fifth meeting with the extra at the Garden, not the Belle Center. And this is definitely the most logical year to do it.

for Bruins fans in MTL, its nice to see the Bruins come here 3 times.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Some of the schedule tidbits:

Back-to-backs (11):
10/30-31 (at FLA/at TB)
11/7-8 (at MTL/at NYI) - 5 p.m. Sunday
12/4-5 (at CGY/at VAN)
12/26-27 (vs BUF/at OTT) - 5 p.m. Sunday
1/8-9 (at NJD/at OTT)
1/15-16 (at BUF/vs TOR)
1/25-26 (at PHI/vs ANA) - rare M/Tu back-to-back
2/13-14 (at MIN/at DET) - 2 p.m. Saturday, 3 p.m. Sunday
3/7-8 (at FLA/at TB) - rare M/Tu back-to-back
3/18-19 (at ANA/at LA)
3/23-24 (at NYR/vs FLA) - rare W/Th back-to-back

Likely NBC over-the-air broadcast windows:
Fri 11/27: vs. NYR, 1 p.m.
Fri 1/1: vs. MTL, 1 p.m. (Winter Classic)
Sun 2/14: at DET, 3 p.m.
Sun 4/3: at CHI, 12:30 p.m.

NBCSN exclusives?
Wed 10/21: vs. PHI, 8 p.m.
Wed 11/25: at DET, 7:30 p.m. (?)
Wed 12/9: at MTL, 7:30 p.m. (?)
Wed 12/16: vs. PIT, 8 p.m.
Wed 1/13: at PHI, 8 p.m.
Wed 2/24: vs PIT, 8 p.m.
Wed 3/23: at NYR, 8 p.m.

I love how our "Wednesday Night Rivalries" are all of the games against the Patrick/Metro Division teams that NBC centers 99% of its coverage around. Looks like the B's have *no* NBCSN Sunday Night windows.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
^ Wow, I'm an idiot. I was just about to post that it seemed like a low number of back-to-backs this year (I counted 7). I must be blind.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
And again with the Columbus Day (Christopher, not Jackets) matinee...but this time against the EC champs the Lightning.

A Columbus Day afternoon game has become the Bruins equivalent of a Red Sox Patriot's Day game.

At least there has not been an MLK afternoon game the last few years, that used to be a regular on the schedule.

Looks like only one Canadiens game for me to go see, and early in the season. I have no interest in seeing a hockey game at Gillette.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
A Columbus Day afternoon game has become the Bruins equivalent of a Red Sox Patriot's Day game.

At least there has not been an MLK afternoon game the last few years.

It doesn't feel as special or hyped, tho'.....

And in 2013-4, there was the Kings (LA) King (Martin Luther, Jr.) home game matinee. I remember it vividly because Marchy got a GREAT shorthanded goal.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I'm just glad the B's are making their Midwestern road trip at a time that's easy for me to go. The Chicago-St. Louis trip has almost always been a Friday-Sunday or Thursday-Sunday in February for the last several years, and the games at Columbus have been on Friday nights when I have other conflicts.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
This is great for Rask.

16 back to backs to 11 next year, huge for Rask and for the team overall, and no .... constant back to backs with Montreal.

bossfan

Apr 5, 2008
It doesn't feel as special or hyped, tho'.....

And in 2013-4, there was the Kings (LA) King (Martin Luther, Jr.) home game matinee. I remember it vividly because Marchy got a GREAT shorthanded goal.

I think that you are right about there being a MLK game in 2013-14. It felt like there has not been one in a few years but I stand corrected.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

I fully expect 25,000 Habs fans at Foxborough and I am predicting we will see the worst traffic jam ever that day.

The majority of fans from Quebec will leave around 5 or 6 AM figuring on a 5 hour drive to the stadium. Pretty easy to guess what will happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->