Letestu
Cracknell
Chaput
Skille
Bobrovsky
Leopold
Goloubef
McElhinney

based on what we have as of now what do you think these players will get contract wise or who do we let walk?

I have no clue on contracts, so I wil just list who we should and shouldn't keep.

Keep:
Bobrovsky

Don't keep:
Atkinson
Cracknell
Skille
Leopold
Goloubef
McElhinney

Maybe keep:
Letestu
Chaput

CBJSlash

Aug 13, 2003
The Bus
Visit site
I have no clue on contracts, so I wil just list who we should and shouldn't keep.

Keep:
Bobrovsky

Don't keep:
Atkinson
Cracknell
Skille
Leopold
Goloubef
McElhinney

Maybe keep:
Letestu
Chaput

While, I'm not the biggest Atkinson fan. It's utterly ridiculous to say don't keep. Trade perhaps, but he will definitely be in the organization otherwise.

I'd imagine:

Bob 7.5 + for 7 years
Letestu 2.25 for 3 years
Atkinson 2.5 for 2 years
Skille 1 for 2 years
McElhinney same deal for 1 year
Chaput 2 way

EDIT: Skipped Calvert.

Calvert 1.2 for 1 Show me Boy!

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Calvert
Atkinson
Letestu

Cracknell
Chaput
Skille
Bobrovsky
Leopold
Goloubef
McElhinney

based on what we have as of now what do you think these players will get contract wise or who do we let walk?

Keep the bold unless you get a good trade offer for Atkinson and Letestu

major major

Feb 18, 2013
While, I'm not the biggest Atkinson fan. It's utterly ridiculous to say don't keep. Trade perhaps, but he will definitely be in the organization otherwise.

I'd imagine:

Bob 7.5 + for 7 years
Letestu 2.25 for 3 years
Atkinson 2.5 for 2 years
Skille 1 for 2 years
Chaput 2 way

I agree with all of this. Though I'd be willing to go a bit higher for Letestu if that's what it takes.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

I'd imagine:

Bob 7.5 + for 7 years
Letestu 2.25 for 3 years
Atkinson 2.5 for 2 years
Skille 1 for 2 years
Chaput 2 way

Did I say how we would not keep him? Of course we would trade him and not just let him go. Point is, he just isn't someone, and I like him, to spend money on. Especially with the prospects we have. My list was also more for the future than just next year.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Calvert
Atkinson
Letestu
Cracknell
Chaput
Skille
Bobrovsky
Leopold
Goloubef
McElhinney

My predictions:

Cam is traded at the deadline. (Package deal possibly)
Letestu will be re-signed.
Cracknell will not be re-signed.
Chaput will be re-signed. 2-way.
Skille will not be re-signed.
Bob.... well. payday. Enough said.
Leopold traded at deadline for pick.
Goloubef will either be traded at deadline in package deal or he will walk... not re-signed.
McElhinney.... gone. Not re-signed. The back-up goalie situation needs to be resolved with a better back up this off season. Simple as that. I don't see Forsberg ready to back up Bob just yet.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Calvert
Atkinson
Letestu
Cracknell
Chaput
Skille
Bobrovsky
Leopold
Goloubef
McElhinney

RFAs will get signed with the possible exception of Sean Collins. UFAs won't be renewed or will be traded with the possible exception of Letestu. His ability to play on the wing makes him valuable considering the glut at center.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Calvert 1.25-1.5
Atkinson 1.5-2.5
Letestu 2.0 X 3 yrs
Cracknell gone
Chaput 1 mill
Skille gone
Bobrovsky 6.5-7.5 mill
Leopold gone
Goloubef 1 mill
McElhinney gone

These are my guesses based on how the season is going. Cam is looking to be a 40 pt or less guy this year. If he doesn't pick up his production I can see him getting a low offer from Jarmo; whether he takes it or goes to arbitration remains to be seen.Cam could be trade bait if we can get him signed to a reasonable contract and package him with Anisimov for an upgrade at wing. I think Cam could flourish in a different system.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Calvert .........$1.25m/2years
Atkinson.........$2m/2years
Letestu.......$2m/2-3years
Cracknell....God NO:laugh:
Chaput....2 way or the highway
Skille.....2 way or the highway
Bobrovsky....$6.5-7m/5-6 years
Leopold.....probably let go
Goloubef....gone or two way deal
McElhinney... arrivederci

Last edited:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I agree with Cyclones Rock's figures, except maybe Bobrovsky gets a little higher and I think the team keeps McElhinney. Not because I like McElhinney, but unless he royally screws up I think he's their guy.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
I'd be willing to pay a bit more for Bob ($8m) for a shorter (4-5 yrs) term...I love bob, but don't want to be held to task for a goalie contract for long term...

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Having Tropp and Boll signed for next year really sucks. Of course burying Tropp in Springfield at .625 mill shouldn't be such a financial burden that it isn't feasible. Boll at 1.7 is a bit problematic. I think we are stuck with him for the next 2.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Having Tropp and Boll signed for next year really sucks. Of course burying Tropp in Springfield at .625 mill shouldn't be such a financial burden that it isn't feasible. Boll at 1.7 is a bit problematic. I think we are stuck with him for the next 2.

I'd be doing everything I could to trade him, but I think the team/management likes him too much.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I'd be willing to pay a bit more for Bob ($8m) for a shorter (4-5 yrs) term...I love bob, but don't want to be held to task for a goalie contract for long term...

Yeah. That is the one position I wouldn't want to give a long term contract too. Even if they are young and good.

niflheim

Hockey is cheating
Nov 22, 2014
Bob 7.5 + for 7 years

imho. 7.5 overpayment, 7 years too risky too long
I like Bob, but his performance not better than Fleury (good regular season, same sweep in last playoff) probably 6.2-6.6 mln x 4 (max 5) years? and yes.. we need better backup goalie

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I agree with Cyclones Rock's figures, except maybe Bobrovsky gets a little higher and I think the team keeps McElhinney. Not because I like McElhinney, but unless he royally screws up I think he's their guy.

With all of the goalies in the system, Curtis might be the odd man out.
Forsberg could be the backup here next season.
Korpisalo could be in Springfield.
Dansk will probably get another shot at Springfield but has not been good so far this year.
Elvis is probably a year or 2 away from coming over.

For every Tim Thomas, Jonathan Quick, and Antti Niemi, there was a Tuuka Rask, Martin Jones, and Corey Crawford waiting in the wings to either be the guy or in Jones' case, be a solid young backup.

Those guys all won cups and they weren't 30+ journeyman goalies to do it. I'm not saying Forsberg is ready to be a full time NHL player but he's obviously shown a ton of growth in his time with the organization and it may be a decision they make in order to make sure the other guys get playing time in the minors to develop.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
IMO:

Keep

Bobrovsky (Whatever he wants)
Calvert (Under $2.2M)
Letestu (Under $2.5M)
Skille (Under $1.2M)
Chaput (QO)

Release:

Atkinson (Unless he takes a dirt cheap deal)
Cracknell
Leopold
McElhinney
Goloubef (If he still can't beat out our top 6-7)

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
IMO:

Keep

Bobrovsky (Whatever he wants)
Calvert (Under $2.2M)
Letestu (Under $2.5M)
Skille (Under $1.2M)
Chaput (QO)

Release:

Atkinson (Unless he takes a dirt cheap deal)

Cracknell
Leopold
McElhinney
Goloubef (If he still can't beat out our top 6-7)

Please help me understand why you would give away Atkinson for nothing or expect him to sign a 'dirt cheap deal'. Did you misspell Collins?

The asset management of RFAs by some of you in this thread is mind-boggling.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
With all of the goalies in the system, Curtis might be the odd man out.
Forsberg could be the backup here next season.
Korpisalo could be in Springfield.
Dansk will probably get another shot at Springfield but has not been good so far this year.
Elvis is probably a year or 2 away from coming over.

For every Tim Thomas, Jonathan Quick, and Antti Niemi, there was a Tuuka Rask, Martin Jones, and Corey Crawford waiting in the wings to either be the guy or in Jones' case, be a solid young backup.

Those guys all won cups and they weren't 30+ journeyman goalies to do it. I'm not saying Forsberg is ready to be a full time NHL player but he's obviously shown a ton of growth in his time with the organization and it may be a decision they make in order to make sure the other guys get playing time in the minors to develop.

Agreed, but there's two questions I have.

First, are they ok with Forsberg only getting 10-20 starts next season? Unless Bob is injured, he's going to be heavily leaned upon. Another year in the AHL would mean Forsberg gets plenty of playing time compared to backing up Bobrovksy.

Second, how does Bob react to having a young goalie behind him? From reports in Philadelphia, Bob really had a problem with them going out and getting Bryzgalov. Obviously it's different in that Forsberg isn't expected to be the guy (and won't be paid very much), but it's different when your back up is McBackup versus a kid who is looking to make his own career. That's not to say it isn't a wise move to have someone young waiting in the wings (it is), but how does the current guy handle it?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011

First, are they ok with Forsberg only getting 10-20 starts next season? Unless Bob is injured, he's going to be heavily leaned upon. Another year in the AHL would mean Forsberg gets plenty of playing time compared to backing up Bobrovksy.

Second, how does Bob react to having a young goalie behind him? From reports in Philadelphia, Bob really had a problem with them going out and getting Bryzgalov. Obviously it's different in that Forsberg isn't expected to be the guy (and won't be paid very much), but it's different when your back up is McBackup versus a kid who is looking to make his own career. That's not to say it isn't a wise move to have someone young waiting in the wings (it is), but how does the current guy handle it?

I think your first point is the reason we'll see Forsberg in Springfield next year.

The second point is not valid here imo. Bob is established as the #1 and sooner or probably later Forsberg will be his back-up. But I don't see Bob getting freaked over that.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005

Valid points. If they commit to Bob long term, which is really a no brainer at this point since he's only 26, then you essentially are developing goalie talent for other teams. The Devils were terrible at developing goalie talent because they had Martin Brodeur. That will change the focus on developing Forsberg and others to making them attractive assets to trade for teams who need goalies. If they think he's ready from a development standpoint, then he absolutely can sit and play only 20 games off the bench and if he does well in those 20 games, he'll become then next Cory Schneider and be a highly sought after commodity.

Ultimately goalie depth is crucial and the team should have the best 2 goalies they can on the roster. It's Bob's job. If Forsberg proves he can be NHL ready, then those 10-20 games will absolutely be a showcase for trade value to pick up the next piece of the puzzle. McElhinney and Forsberg has virtually the same contracts although Forsberg has bonus potential. If the CBJ keep Curtis, then there may not be any place for Korpisalo to play next year if he comes to NA. Either way, the CBJ are really deep in goalie potental so someone could potentially be moved.

On the 2nd part, Bob most likely got mad in Philly because it was obvious Bryz was brought in to be the starter. Even though Bob played decently enough to warrant an opportunity they went out and bought a "name". I would think Bob would be secure enough to know it is his job and a commitment has been made to him that he wouldn't care too much about who his backup is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad