GDT: 2015-16 Other Playoff Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverTheLine

May 11, 2011
We'd be so lucky to meet Dallas in the WCF. They won't be able to get by winning 5-4 every game against any other horse in this race.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
To be fair, the Stars didn't have Seguin. But also, offense was not their problem. I'll be very interested to see how they do against an actual good team.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
To be fair, the Stars didn't have Seguin. But also, offense was not their problem. I'll be very interested to see how they do against an actual good team.

The wild didn't have vanek and parise either and the lowly offensive team like the wild still scored a tonn of goals against them. A team like the hawks are just going to shred that team apart. I wouldn't be suprised to see the hawks put up 1 or 2 games of 8 plus goals against the stars.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
The wild didn't have vanek and parise either and the lowly offensive team like the wild still scored a tonn of goals against them. A team like the hawks are just going to shred that team apart. I wouldn't be suprised to see the hawks put up 1 or 2 games of 8 plus goals against the stars.

Well, I think a lot of their issues are because of their goaltending. If Lehtonen can settle in, they'll be fine. A series like they just had can sometimes refocus and calm down a team.

Although, the Stars have a casualness and openness to their game that a disciplined team like the Sharks (or Ducks/Predators, Blues, maybe even Hawks) could eviscerate.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
That is the first game of the playoffs with late-game heroics, right? Something that had been missing.

Luongo always ends up on the odd side of these situations.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
The Panthers got hosed. A clear trip by the Isles to stop the empty net goal and refs don't call it. then 15 seconds later the Isles score.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
NHL refs are the worst in sports.

Blatant trip, just excused because the Islanders are down a goal late. The Islanders come down and score right after.

edit: ^^^ Exactly.

What a joke.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
I'm not watching the game, but I am reading that there was a missed trip. The refs like to swallow the whistles late in close games. A penalty is a penalty, regardless of the situation.

nabbyfan

Oct 4, 2007
Santa Clarita, CA
Thats absolutely horrific officiating. Let the team trailing by a goal get away with anything because its the last minute of the game, they come back and tie it up.

Florida fans have a serious gripe here...Refs could have cost them this series if they lose this game. Absolutely ridiculous.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
The Panthers got hosed. A clear trip by the Isles to stop the empty net goal and refs don't call it. then 15 seconds later the Isles score.

Trip on Trochek was the obvious one, but it didn't have a huge effect since he already passed the puck back to Ekblad who still had a good lane. The trip on Reilly, I'd let it go since it looked like he got the puck first.

Limekiller

May 16, 2010
SF Bay Area
I wouldn't be surprised if the Florida management formally protests the game if they end up losing the game and series. They won't win, but that was an utterly indefensible non-call that directly led to the Islanders being able to go down and score. That penalty gets called, Florida wins this and it goes to game 7. There won't be any practical result of a formal protest, but it will certainly be bad press for the league.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Trip on Trochek was the obvious one, but it didn't have a huge effect since he already passed the puck back to Ekblad who still had a good lane. The trip on Reilly, I'd let it go since it looked like he got the puck first.

Sure it would have. The play would have been blown dead once an Islanders player touched it, and the Islanders would have played without a goalie 5v5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad