Game Analysis: 2015-16 New York Rangers - 4/26 Breakup day

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHS

Oct 11, 2013
Always sad when the season ends. Hopefully the long off season helps them out. I'll miss looking forward to the games each couple of days. Oh well life goes on.

Thanks to this year's 2015-2016 Rangers. They came short of where we all hoped but still provided hours of great entertainment.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I forgot what it felt like to go out in the first round... Definitely way less painful than losing in the ECF or Finals so there's that....

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Vigneault has to go. He hasn't made very many intelligent decisions all season long. Everything went by his feelings and his biases. It turns out, they're not very good at all. The mismanagement of the roster is one of the worst I can remember in recent years. His coaching devolved into John Tortorella style chip and chase and gutted our top end talent in favor of the likes of his homeboy Tanner Glass. To go and get a player so ineffective in Vancouver that they got rid of him at all cost after, Pittsburgh saw the light and passed on him, the entire hockey world from the KHL to the Australia street hockey league were puzzled as to why Tanner Glass is used by Vigneault so much, Glass ended up with enough ice time for a 2/3 liner.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
The pens really should be happy this ranger team plays too clean. If they were playing a Philly or even Washington and letang got away with what he did Pitt would not be going into next series without a few more added to IR

InwoodBlueNYC

Sep 23, 2013
NYC
BTW it's been fun a real gas totally fun and enjoyaboe to chit chat and coinverse and share opinions and comments with you. I cannot wait until next season when we can do it all over again. It's gonna be great you will see. The NY Rangers will survive and conquer. OH YEAH BABY:handclap:

ColonialsHockey10

Jul 22, 2007
Rangers pieced together 6 complete 60 minute efforts this year.

Every single dumbass on this team can go **** themselves.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
The 7D, scratching of whoever fit the bill, scrambling of lines like it's a coke party tells you all you need to know about Vigneault's head space and control over this team and roster. He's lost complete control.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Team went down just as it was deconstructed to. We could've had Duclair, Stralman and hagelin on this team instead of yandle, Glass, Boyle and E Staal. We'd have them all going into next year too. Instead we';ll have nothing...if we have glass we'll have less than nothing. I hope Gorton got off the shrooms he was doing with Sather otherwise this franchise is ****ing ****ed five ****ing ways from sunday

Sather ****ed this franchise in so many ways and how some can still like him is beyond me.

Synergy27

F-A-C-G-C-E
Apr 27, 2004
Washington, D.C.
The upside to this is that all of us have been subjected to a whole let less life-shortening heart trauma this year than the last several. Release the stress boys.

Igor Shestyorkin

#26, the sickest of 'em all.
Apr 17, 2015
Moscow, RUS
Well, disappointing season to say the least. Still had fun around here with everyone though, on the bright side.

To the Sharks bandwagon I go! :laugh:

MysticLeviathan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 7, 2013
I'm glad we lost in this fashion. Badly outplayed and outscored despite playing against very inexperienced goalies. I feel like this may push management to make real change. Where if we made the series very close or beat the Pens only to lose in the next round, there could be justification for the status quo. But now I feel like this gives real incentive to start moving on from our now closed window.

Just a horribly played series by the vast majority of our players. I can't even be mad at the Pens. It wasn't a bad play or bad no call or bad penalty call that killed this series, we were beat by a better team, no shame in that. Lick your wounds with your tail between your legs and look to make some real change moving forward.

And, to this day, I still don't understand the Eric Staal trade.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
We played with fire all year and got burnt. AV should be assigned most of the blame. Time to let go off as many as possible of Moore, Girardi, E. Staal, Boyle and possibly M. Staal as well. Nash should be on the block too - simply because he can get us a decent deal and is still perfectly capable of being a contender's #2 or 3 "guy". Still think there is a good group of players among this mess. Big summer ahead.

Riche16

McCready guitar god
Aug 13, 2008
The Dreaded Middle
There's really no one I care about on this team anymore... Just Hank but even he has to go for a full rebuild and that's what is needed. I can't believe I'm saying that but it's true. I really don't care who gets traded. I'm fine with any and all. Wow. Just wow.

#Embarrassing

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
sooo....who's been playing injured besides mcd?

Hank's eye not 100% healed yet?

Brassard With a piss poor post season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad