Game Analysis: 2015-16 New York Rangers - 4/26 Breakup day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Brooks has such a long history as a muckraking troll that it could be dozens and dozens of reasons. What I found interesting is when Boyle spoke about how the negativity effects some of the players in the locker room. I'm wondering which players personalities were effected by the negativity most.

Again, if Hank or Zuccarello trashed Brooks they'd be ****ing heroes.

It's Dan Boyle though so he's just a ****head.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
just a guess, but probably the guys that put on the crappiest performances

Possibly but players are people with all kinds of different personalities. Some guys play great but always obsess about even the tiny mistakes while some other guys do not play as well but have a very easy going nature that will just laugh at stuff.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Again, if Hank or Zuccarello trashed Brooks they'd be ****ing heroes.

It's Dan Boyle though so he's just a ****head.

Not true at all.

Of Hank or Zuc said something, it would actually carry weight because they've proven themselves here and their words would mean something.

An underachieving malcontent who's on the way out the door doesn't get benefit of the doubt. If Dan Boyle wants to be a hero, tell Brooks off in December.

Loff

Lafdaddy
Dec 7, 2007
Soft euro
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/n...-for-embarrassing-larry-brooks-150833155.html

"Thank god for unlimited texting, because my phone has blown up in the last few days … and it’s been overwhelmingly positive in my favor."

“To rewind a little bit, of course Larry and Brett – or whatever – and there’s probably one more guy in there … I think over the course of the two years that I’ve been here I’ve never seen such negative covering of the game and negative destruction of individuals. So yes, I was upset about some of the stuff that was said about me, but more importantly, I felt like I needed to be a voice for my teammates.”

“And I can tell you that from teammates to ex-teammates to guys from other teams, that have come through here and have dealt with these individuals, it’s overwhelming how many ‘thank you’s’ I got for what I said and what they didn’t have the courage to say or couldn’t say.”

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/n...-for-embarrassing-larry-brooks-150833155.html

"Thank god for unlimited texting, because my phone has blown up in the last few days … and it’s been overwhelmingly positive in my favor."

“To rewind a little bit, of course Larry and Brett – or whatever – and there’s probably one more guy in there … I think over the course of the two years that I’ve been here I’ve never seen such negative covering of the game and negative destruction of individuals. So yes, I was upset about some of the stuff that was said about me, but more importantly, I felt like I needed to be a voice for my teammates.â€

“And I can tell you that from teammates to ex-teammates to guys from other teams, that have come through here and have dealt with these individuals, it’s overwhelming how many ‘thank you’s’ I got for what I said and what they didn’t have the courage to say or couldn’t say.â€

Again, Boyle's not a teammate anymore. If he felt compelled to say something and "be a voice for [his] teammates", do it is the middle of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad