2015/16 Miscellaneous NHL Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Wilson's development was probably botched by the Caps to boot. Hard to develop an offensive game when you're put on the fourth line and given those minutes.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Toews has been absolutely awful tonight. Just getting dominated every time he is on ice and he is making just silly mistakes, cannot even handle a puck without coughing it up. Also took a stupid penalty at the end of the 2nd.

He'll probably score in the 3rd though! I hope so anyway. Chicago win would be big.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Toews has been absolutely awful tonight. Just getting dominated every time he is on ice and he is making just silly mistakes, cannot even handle a puck without coughing it up. Also took a stupid penalty at the end of the 2nd.

He'll probably score in the 3rd though! I hope so anyway. Chicago win would be big.

Lol...yup...he did...off his knee.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The way the Red Wings have fell back towards us is great for our playoff odds...

at one point it seemed like the Pens would be the only ones we could realistically catch (I think the Wings were ~7-8 ahead at one point)... but now so long as one of the two lose game on game the Flyers are going to stay in touch with them even if we don't have a 'crazy good' run down the stretch.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
Wilson's development was probably botched by the Caps to boot. Hard to develop an offensive game when you're put on the fourth line and given those minutes.

Wilson would be a much better player if we drafted him. He would have probably spent time in the AHL developing.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Is it worth going up to Toronto for the World Cup?

The US plays Europe and Canada plays the Czechs on Saturday and Russia plays Sweden and Finland plays North America on that Sunday so I can get four games in and hopefully catch a Monday morning flight and not miss a day of work.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

The US plays Europe and Canada plays the Czechs on Saturday and Russia plays Sweden and Finland plays North America on that Sunday so I can get four games in and hopefully catch a Monday morning flight and not miss a day of work.

Lot of people knocking it, but man I went to MTl in 04, the Canada USA game in round robin was ELECTRIC !!!!

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I went to the Canada-Sweden double OT semi-final game in 96. Fell asleep in OT but I was there as a youngster!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
There's a user on the main boards with the handle "I Hate Philadelphia"

How is that not inflammatory?

Can I change my handle to "I hate 'I Hate Philadelphia?"

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
There's a user on the main boards with the handle "I Hate Philadelphia"

How is that not inflammatory?

Can I change my handle to "I hate 'I Hate Philadelphia?"
why care?
we're all sorts of up in his dome, and the rent is free

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
If I had a chance I would go. Of course that would depend on ticket prices.
only game i ever went to was a pre tourney game in 96 USA/Slovakia.
If I could afford it I would go easily.

The tickets to the games aren't all that bad actually. The cheapest ticket for the Canada/CZE game on StubHub is $105, USA/Europe is $67, Russia/Sweden is $43, and NA/Finland $45.

Now the prices start to get a crazy for the Semi-Final and Final games (as expected). Now my question is if I do decide to do it, do I pay what amounts to a total of $100 more and go to both Semi-Final games or save the $100 and go to four round robin games?

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

It's worth it.

I saw a couple of round robin matches at the 2010 Olympics (Finland v Belarus and Czech Republic v Slovakia). Not only are the games excellent, but the atmosphere is unlike anything you'll experience at an NHL game... particularly if you get a rivalry game like I did with the Czechs and Slovaks.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Woah. I didn't realize ticket prices were reasonable. I think I'm going to make the trip for the round Robin games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad