Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
GhostBear has reached stardom

http://www.puckstothe.net/pucks-to-the-net/👻🐻/

Ghost_Bear.jpg

Last edited:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
So Flyers are now 20th overall and only 9 pts from dead last. If this bad streak runs through February, they may find themselves very close to the bottom.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
So Flyers are now 20th overall and only 9 pts from dead last. If this bad streak runs through February, they may find themselves very close to the bottom.

Could be a blessing in disguise. We are not ready to win any wars.....especially now with the injuries. We get a good lotto pick this year and we are going to be set. If we hit the jackpot and win the lottery I will get a rise in my Levis....

In the meantime, I will enjoy the Philadelphia Gostisbeheres......ssss.....sssss

King Forsberg

16 21 28 44 68 88 93
Jul 26, 2010
Maybe just maybe the Flyers will get lucky. I mean a Philly team has to hit the lotto eventually right? Please?

whitstifier

Honor Black Excellence in Hockey
Mar 19, 2013
As a sentimental fan, I worry about keeping Giroux and Couturier together if the Flyers win the lottery. They're my faves. Couturier isn't a 3rd liner...

Also, what's Mckeen's thinking for ranking Matthews below Laine? Couldn't Matthews be better than McDavid?

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
As a sentimental fan, I worry about keeping Giroux and Couturier together if the Flyers win the lottery. They're my faves. Couturier isn't a 3rd liner...
I may be in the minority, but I see Couturier as the perfect 3C-on a "contender"

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA

Also, what's Mckeen's thinking for ranking Matthews below Laine? Couldn't Matthews be better than McDavid?

Heavy WJC influence?

I don't really read much from their site to know what they tend to favor.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
You could basically just roll 3 lines evenly with almost constant pressure on the opposition, it would be really hard to pinpoint how to stop 3 solid lines.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
You could basically just roll 3 lines evenly with almost constant pressure on the opposition, it would be really hard to pinpoint how to stop 3 solid lines.

Yeah...we would create a lot of matchup issues for other teams.

Voracek G Simmonds
NAK Matthews Konecny
Lindblom Couts Schenn
Laughton Cousins Leier

If we won the lottery, that could be the team that starts the 2017 season!

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Yeah...we would create a lot of matchup issues for other teams.

Voracek G Simmonds
NAK Matthews Konecny
Lindblom Couts Schenn
Laughton Cousins Leier

If we won the lottery, that could be the team that starts the 2017 season!

I think that's part of the reason why the Ducks have been so resurgent. Rakell has started to really flourish so they can just roll Getzlaf - Rakell - Kesler with mix & match wingers as the situation calls for it.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
If we won any of the 3 lottery picks I would be quite happy. We need high end skill and that would go a long way to fixing that.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
Not really a common theme. It's overkill. Sort of like Crosby, Malkin and Staal
no, it is a bit of a common theme of recent cup winners-so strong down the middle
I'd be pleased to overkill our way to a Cup win like that Pens team :nod:
if we're building toward the future, another strong player at 2C/3C is a must

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If we sneak into the top 5 we would be set. Even if we pick 4th the amount of teams that would be calling to try and acquire that pick for JC would be unbelievable. I would easily entertain trading back a few spots in that case if the deal was sweet enough.

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Not really a common theme. It's overkill. Sort of like Crosby, Malkin and Staal

Well Stanley Cup winners tend to be uncommon in their talent level. That is why there are so many repeat performers. Since the Flyers came into the league, there has only been 9 teams that didn't repeat. Of those 9, only 4 of them didn't lose in the finals another year within a 5 season span: Montreal in 93, New York in 1994, Tampa Bay in 2004, and Carolina in 2005.

Now there was only 12 teams to start but it has increased to 30 and still repeating as cup champions is very common because those teams tend to be loaded compared to the rest of the league.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Well Stanley Cup winners tend to be uncommon in their talent level. That is why there are so many repeat performers. Since the Flyers came into the league, there has only been 9 teams that didn't repeat. Of those 9, only 4 of them didn't lose in the finals another year within a 5 season span: Montreal in 93, New York in 1994, Tampa Bay in 2004, and Carolina in 2005.

Now there was only 12 teams to start but it has increased to 30 and still repeating as cup champions is very common because those teams tend to be loaded compared to the rest of the league.

I think you can include some other teams in that final metric. '07 Anaheim is a world apart from the '03 team with Niedermayer, Pronger, Selanne, Kunitz, Macdonald, Getzlaf, Perry, Penner etc. with standout losses of Kariya, Oates, Rucchin and Sykora.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Couturier is better than the 3C on most, if not all current contenders. The closest comparable in recent history would have to be the aforementioned Crosby-Malking-Staal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad