2015/16 Miscellaneous NHL Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Hell if I know.. :laugh:

I just saw a wing, the P totally flew over my had.

So you didnt even think it was a flying puck too?

Wait, you ARE aware that it is a mix of both a Flying P and a Flying Puck, RIGHT? Lol

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA

Wait, you ARE aware that it is a mix of both a Flying P and a Flying Puck, RIGHT? Lol

That's actually something I've still never completely been clear on.

The commentary on the original design seems to say that the orange dot is the only part of the logo that represents a puck, yet it makes too much sense for it to just be the entire face of the P.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

I will just say that ever since I was a kid I saw a wing with a "different" design and never really gave it much more thought, because I liked what I saw. But once I read the commentaries on what the logo actually is a few days ago, I felt like my IQ dropped to negative values. Which it might have.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I will just say that ever since I was a kid I saw a wing with a "different" design and never really gave it much more thought, because I liked what I saw. But once I read the commentaries on what the logo actually is a few days ago, I felt like my IQ dropped to negative values. Which it might have.

Lol at least you're honest

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
The Big E got even bigger.

Lindros11a-640x426.jpg

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
The Big E got even bigger.

Lindros11a-640x426.jpg

I was actually not a huge fan of Lindros as a person as im sure a lot of Flyers fans werent. At the time, he seemed like a baby who wouldnt play thru his concussions like a man. Obviously he has changed, medical science has changed, and i have changed. I really liked all his interviews around the alumni game in 2012, and his induction ceremony was long overdue. Im really happy hes able to live a happy healthy life and hope he makes it into the HHOF soon.

What an absolute monster of a human being. The Lebron James of hockey if there ever was one.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
If the coaching and medical staff had an ounce of common sense he wouldn't have played in the 2000 playoffs.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
So Tampa Bay released a public statement stating that they will not be trading Stamkos before the deadline passes.

We'll see how this one plays out as the year goes on & into the offseason. I'd have to imagine Yzerman is all in for this year now & will be big buyers at the deadline.

Audible Velvet

Jul 9, 2015
Philthadelphia
So Tampa Bay released a public statement stating that they will not be trading Stamkos before the deadline passes.

We'll see how this one plays out as the year goes on & into the offseason. I'd have to imagine Yzerman is all in for this year now & will be big buyers at the deadline.
Hey Steve, need some more D help?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Medvedev could help them. Just waive Carle to make room.

Carle is still pointless after 39 games.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:14783187

Not sure how to embed but ESPN just posted this video of some goalie from Toledo making this save...wowzers!

Thats some old school goaltending right there. Hasek pulled it a few times (cause his spine was a slinkee) but my favorite is when Boucher made that save against Elias in the ECF. After that, i used that move every time someone tried to deke me. Being a hybrid goalie was the best. Butterfly style is so much less exciting. Tho Quick is my favorite goalie to watch in today's league

[Yt]adLj0YE_xio[/MEDIA]

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind
I still remember that Boucher save clear as day...was 12 years old, I jumped off the couch and almost hit my head on the ceiling. So good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad