2015-16 Lineups

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
Well that's why i sad we send DLR down , and put Fleischmann in his spot. There is never too much AHL experience , Detroit keeps players down forever and they never draft high , maybe they just develop them well and don't rush.

We already are one of the youngest teams in the league.

Anyways , Fleischmann will sign for peanuts , i guess less then 900k. If it's not working ,u just bury him in the AHL and call up whoever impresses down there.

You can destroy a player's confidence by burying him for too long in the minors. For instance, Jarred Tinordi. I thought that he regressed the last two years by spending time in the minors. They should've have given him a full time spot at the start of the 13-14 season because I thought he played decent against Ottawa in the playoffs in the spring before. But , they resigned Bouillon and gave a contract to Murray as an insurance policy instead. Completely destroyed the kid's confidence. This has been going on in Montreal since forever. Instead of actually giving an opportunity to a young player, they always choose to sign all these washed-up veterans just because of the "extra" pressure to win. From Samsonov (they could've given a spot to Perezhogin), Tanguay, Lang, Smolinsky etc.

They already signed Semin who no other teams wanted and now Fleischmann? Just give a real chance to Hudon, Andrighetto or DLR to compete for a spot.

domdo345

Jun 4, 2008
You can destroy a player's confidence by burying him for too long in the minors. For instance, Jarred Tinordi. I thought that he regressed the last two years by spending time in the minors. They should've have given him a full time spot at the start of the 13-14 season because I thought he played decent against Ottawa in the playoffs in the spring before. But , they resigned Bouillon and gave a contract to Murray as an insurance policy instead. Completely destroyed the kid's confidence. This has been going on in Montreal since forever. Instead of actually giving an opportunity to a young player, they always choose to sign all these washed-up veterans just because of the "extra" pressure to win. From Samsonov (they could've given a spot to Perezhogin), Tanguay, Lang, Smolinsky etc.

They already signed Semin who no other teams wanted and now Fleischmann? Just give a real chance to Hudon, Andrighetto or DLR to compete for a spot.

What? Tinordi was aweful in the playoffs that year and has never done anything to secure an NHL spot. The way Tinordi has being developped has barely anything to do with management and much more to do with the kid's potential that was never that high to begin with. (No hockey sense). Look at big Dmans arround the league, they all had a pretty difficult time to be steady and they have much more puck skill-hockey sense than him.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
What? Tinordi was aweful in the playoffs that year and has never done anything to secure an NHL spot. The way Tinordi has being developped has barely anything to do with management and much more to do with the kid's potential that was never that high to begin with. (No hockey sense). Look at big Dmans arround the league, they all had a pretty difficult time to be steady and they have much more puck skill-hockey sense than him.

I thought the end of the 2013 season and the 2013 playoffs was the best he'd ever looked. Granted, they made a mistake drafting him in the first round. But they still should've given him a real chance to prove himself instead of going with Bouillon and/or Murray don't you think?

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
2016-2017

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Semin
Scherbak-Eller-Gallagher
De la Rose-Hudon-Kassian
Weise - McCarron - DSP

IcemanTBI

Apr 19, 2004
Land of Ice
I thought the end of the 2013 season and the 2013 playoffs was the best he'd ever looked. Granted, they made a mistake drafting him in the first round. But they still should've given him a real chance to prove himself instead of going with Bouillon and/or Murray don't you think?

Tinordi has had plenty of chances to prove himself. He is just so inconsistent. Some players do well in junior and just cant translate that in the NHL. I think the reason they signed those vets (and i dont necessarily agree with those signings btw) was because of Tinordis failure to grasp the opportunities he was given. The fact is you have to earn a spot and he was given plenty of chances to earn one and he never earned it.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013

It's impossible to know how we would have reacted had he made the team in 2013-2014, maybe he would've been exposed, maybe he would have continued to progress. His development certainly stalled at that point, the reasons are debatable. But I do agree that there is such a thing as too much AHL time, though if a player does have it in him he should eventually earn his NHL spot regardless of being rushed or staying down to long.

You can make the case that Hainsey suffered this as well. He struggled much like Tinordi has, looking his best early on but was inconsistent and his development had plateaued. It was only after he got a regular spot that his development continued to progress.

If we plan on going with 8D, then it's probably worth having Tinordi as #8, if he stops worrying about AHL/NHL and just has to focus on practising hard and moving up the depth charts he might start to progress again. If not it doesn't really hurt.

Coldplay

Courage
Aug 21, 2008
Montréal
It's impossible to know how we would have reacted had he made the team in 2013-2014, maybe he would've been exposed, maybe he would have continued to progress. His development certainly stalled at that point, the reasons are debatable. But I do agree that there is such a thing as too much AHL time, though if a player does have it in him he should eventually earn his NHL spot regardless of being rushed or staying down to long.

You can make the case that Hainsey suffered this as well. He struggled much like Tinordi has, looking his best early on but was inconsistent and his development had plateaued. It was only after he got a regular spot that his development continued to progress.

If we plan on going with 8D, then it's probably worth having Tinordi as #8, if he stops worrying about AHL/NHL and just has to focus on practising hard and moving up the depth charts he might start to progress again. If not it doesn't really hurt.

8D isn't an unusual situation. It's a very realistic possibility. I agree.

Addik04

Sep 15, 2010
I would send back De la Rose, but it wont happen.

Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Eller - Galchenyuk - Semin
Fleishmann - Desharnais - Kassian
DSP - Mitchell - Weise

Andrighetto would be my first call-up.

De la Rose - Hudon - Andrighetto
Carr - McCarron - Holloway
Bournival - Dumont - Scherbak

I would put Scherbak with 2 hard-workers who are able to put some points. De la Rose would stay there at least half of the year. This guy needs to be more creative, to add more offense to his game.

habsfan44

Jul 26, 2006
Anyone else like this going into the playoffs, assuming both Hudon and Andrighetto continue to show their stuff in camp?

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Semin
Andrighetto - Plekanec - Gallagher
Hudon - Eller - Kassian
DLR - Mitchell - Weise

1. I don't think Galchenyuks defensive game is even remotely good enough to take on first line center duties .
2. I think Semin was signed to shore up the left side thus enabling Galchenyuks move to the middle .
3. Andrighetto and Hudon won't make the team out of camp or during the season unless injuries occur .
4. Kassian will be just as disappointing on the third line in Montreal as he was on the third line in Vancouver .

Now , in the spirit of fair play I will post my lineup for you to punch holes in lol .

Pacioretty - Eller - Kassian - two players miscast as third liners ready to break out .
Semin - Galchenyuk - McCarron - exploitation line with protected minutes .
DeLaRose - Plekanec - Gallagher - has the potential to be one of the best third lines in the league .
Bournival - Mitchell - Weiss - speed , speed and , wait for it , more speed .

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
1. I don't think Galchenyuks defensive game is even remotely good enough to take on first line center duties .
2. I think Semin was signed to shore up the left side thus enabling Galchenyuks move to the middle .
3. Andrighetto and Hudon won't make the team out of camp or during the season unless injuries occur .
4. Kassian will be just as disappointing on the third line in Montreal as he was on the third line in Vancouver .

Now , in the spirit of fair play I will post my lineup for you to punch holes in lol .

Pacioretty - Eller - Kassian - two players miscast as third liners ready to break out .
Semin - Galchenyuk - McCarron - exploitation line with protected minutes .
DeLaRose - Plekanec - Gallagher - has the potential to be one of the best third lines in the league .
Bournival - Mitchell - Weiss - speed , speed and , wait for it , more speed .

I don't think Eller is a first line center, furthermore who would be your puck distributor be on that line?

McCarron will need at least one season in the AHL.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
What the hell is it with this delusion of putting Eller on the first line, ahead of Plekanec?

And it's pretty clear that he's gonna be playing wing with Galchenyuk.

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
The Eller-Galchenyuk-Semin line is pretty much a lock for the season opener.

On a different note, what's the deal with Kassian being paired with Mitchell since the start of camp? is that really the plan for the 4th line or is Mitchell replacing DD on the third?

Idk maybe I'm looking too much into it.:dunno:

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I'm giving it another shot now that I know that Eller will play LW and Desharnais on the 3rd line. By defaut we know Plek and Pacioretty will play together, so...

Weise - Desharnais - Kassian
DLR - Mitchell - DSP
Flynn

I have to say this looks good. What could change is that it's unlikely that Kassian is being kept on the fourth line, and Weise might not be comfortable on the LW. Hopefully Andrighetto or Hudon has a really strong camp and push Weise back on the fourth line and one of DLR/DSP out of the lineup.

Hudon - Desharnais - Kassian
DLR - Mitchell - Weise
DSP

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
What the hell is it with this delusion of putting Eller on the first line, ahead of Plekanec?

And it's pretty clear that he's gonna be playing wing with Galchenyuk.

It looks to be the case, but things can change. They tinkered with galchenyuk at C last year at camp, and he didn't stick there. Briere was looked at as a first line winger a couple camps ago, and that also changed quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce