Not open for further replies.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
What i'd like to see for the forwards

Patch - Chuck - Semin
Ghetto - Pleks - Gally
DD - Eller - Kassian
DSP - Mitch - Weise

I'd like to see a similar lineup, but with DLR in place of DSP. See how Ghetto or even maybe Hudon could do in that 2LW spot. Even Fleischmann there as a stop gap until a better option presents itself via trade or from the minors could be a way to go too in the short term, as long as he signs for cheap.

That's a legit 1st line and Pleks/Gallagher are strong enough players that it almost doesn't matter who plays LW with them. 3rd line would have Eller with two offensively capable wingers while he provides the defensive awareness and the 4th line should be able to handle a fair amount of Dzone starts.

Eller on the wing sacrifices too much size/strength/defensive ability down the middle for my liking especially with Galchenyuk moving to center. I'd rather they give Eller better wingers than last year and figure something out for Pleks' LW.

Picaroon

Apr 6, 2008
New Brunswick
Never liked the idea of Eller on the wing, but if he's with offensive guys like Semin and Galchy, that changes everything. It should be a great opportunity for him. He has the tools to succeed as a winger.

I also initially wanted DLR in the A but if he plays on the 3rd line with Kassian and Desharnais that wouldn't be so bad. Should get a good amount of ice time while playing with 2 offensive guys. He can also play to his strengths as the defensive presence on that line.

With that said, I'd be happy with

Pacioretty--------Plekanec------Gallagher (Great all around line. Comfortable with them on the ice at any time)
Eller--------------Galchy--------Semin (They've looked great so far. Give them easy matchups and watch the points roll in)
DLR---------------DD-----------Kassian (Pretty balanced line that should expose teams with weaker depth)
DSP---------------Mitchell------Weise (Best 4th line we've had in a while. No risk with these guys on the ice)

I think we have a great double threat with our top 2 lines. It'll make it tough to line match. That's how you win games these days.

Defense is set in stone imo.

Can't see how this team won't be more exciting than last year. Looking forward to it!!

Edit: Also, absolutely PUMPED to see a Pacioretty-----Galchenyuk----Semin powerplay. With Subby and Markov/Petry at the point it just sounds absolutely deadly. If we can't turn that in to a successful PP, some jobs will be lost in the coaching department.

rockjngo

Oct 31, 2011
I think Tom Gilbert might be gone in favor of Jarrod Tinordi. Gilbert is a dime a dozen. Tinordi, we just don't know what we have yet. He could be a bust, he could be a stud. LD is weaker than RD so we have to keep LD.

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn
Tinordi

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I think Tom Gilbert might be gone in favor of Jarrod Tinordi. Gilbert is a dime a dozen. Tinordi, we just don't know what we have yet. He could be a bust, he could be a stud. LD is weaker than RD so we have to keep LD.

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn
Tinordi

And what happen if Petry or Subban is injured? we contend with that defence? and if we lose a 2nd defenceman?

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Pateryn
Beaulieu-Tinordi

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Petry
Beaulieu-Pateryn
Tinordi

Gilbert is a solid bottom pairing D if he keeps on playing like he did in the 2nd half of last year's season. Plus he would be helpful if one of Subban/Petry gets injured.

I'm starting to lose faith in Tinordi. He can't hit, he can't pass, he can't shoot and he can't poke check. Don't know what he can do.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I think Fleischmann will get signed, he is still an decent nhler with a lot of experience .

Everybody says he lost a step, not good anymore , but he was not that bad last year. Putting up 27 points in 66 games with a +12 playing on bottom lines. His +12 is the best on the whole Panthers team.

He got the same amount of points in less games and with a much better +/- then Lars.

So i think he'll stick around. If he gets signed , the only one we can send down without waivers is DLR , and we'll have to send someone cuz too many bodies.
This is if we keep 8 D (tinner+patteryn) +13F (flynn).

So i guess it's gonna be
Flash -DD-Kassian and DLR down.

Atleast at the begining of the season.

TopTenPlayz

Jun 6, 2014
I think Fleischmann will get signed, he is still an decent nhler with a lot of experience .

Everybody says he lost a step, not good anymore , but he was not that bad last year. Putting up 27 points in 66 games with a +12 playing on bottom lines. His +12 is the best on the whole Panthers team.

He got the same amount of points in less games and with a much better +/- then Lars.

So i think he'll stick around. If he gets signed , the only one we can send down without waivers is DLR , and we'll have to send someone cuz too many bodies.
This is if we keep 8 D (tinner+patteryn) +13F (flynn).

So i guess it's gonna be
Flash -DD-Kassian and DLR down.

Atleast at the begining of the season.

Is there even room for Fleischmann? Assuming....

Pac-Plek-Gallagher
Eller-Galch-Semin
DLR-DD-Kassian
DSP-Mitchell-Weise
Flynn

with Hudon, Andrighetto ready to step in. Is Fleischmann better than Hudon or Ghetto at this point?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Is there even room for Fleischmann? Assuming....

Pac-Plek-Gallagher
Eller-Galch-Semin
DLR-DD-Kassian
DSP-Mitchell-Weise
Flynn

with Hudon, Andrighetto ready to step in. Is Fleischmann better than Hudon or Ghetto at this point?

Well that's why i sad we send DLR down , and put Fleischmann in his spot. There is never too much AHL experience , Detroit keeps players down forever and they never draft high , maybe they just develop them well and don't rush.

We already are one of the youngest teams in the league.

Anyways , Fleischmann will sign for peanuts , i guess less then 900k. If it's not working ,u just bury him in the AHL and call up whoever impresses down there.

radicalcenter

Feb 10, 2013
Well that's why i sad we send DLR down , and put Fleischmann in his spot. There is never too much AHL experience , Detroit keeps players down forever and they never draft high , maybe they just develop them well and don't rush.

We already are one of the youngest teams in the league.

Anyways , Fleischmann will sign for peanuts , i guess less then 900k. If it's not working ,u just bury him in the AHL and call up whoever impresses down there.

There may be too many guys in Hamilton though

Carr-Hudon-Scherbak
Thomas-McCarron-Ghetto
Holloway-DLR-Dumont
Bozon-Gregoire-Crisp
McNally-Blanchard-Fournier
Macmillan-Miceli(maybe)

Maybe Bournival will be sent down even if he isn't waiver exempt

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

Carr-Hudon-Scherbak
Thomas-McCarron-Ghetto
Holloway-DLR-Dumont
Bozon-Gregoire-Crisp
Macmillan-Miceli(maybe)

Add long as he's injured, it shouldn't be an issue. By the way, it's not Hamilton. SJ.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

Carr-Hudon-Scherbak
Thomas-McCarron-Ghetto
Holloway-DLR-Dumont
Bozon-Gregoire-Crisp
Macmillan-Miceli(maybe)

Well they can send some guys to Brampton ECHL , Thomas and Holloway have to clear waivers too. Maybe one of them gets picked.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Eller/DD-Galchenyuk-Semin
DLR-Eller/DD-Kassian
DSP-Mitchell-Weise

I think the Eller/Desharnais situation is gonna be one of the biggest themes on the board this season. I think both lines look better with Eller, Eller-Galchenyuk-Semin have already shown promise, and just imagine the physical force of a line of DLR-Eller-Kassian. As crazy as it sounds though, DD might actually be good for DLR. Getting constantly fed pucks could help his offensive instincts and I'm sure DD will give him plenty of opportunities to work on defense. I think the ideal line-up is that DD gets traded and one of Hudon/Ghetto step up. Leaving with

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Semin
Hudon-Plekanec-Gallagher
DLR-Eller-Kassian
DSP-Mitchell-Weise

Damn, that's a sexy lineup.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Eller/DD-Galchenyuk-Semin
DLR-Eller/DD-Kassian
DSP-Mitchell-Weise

I think the Eller/Desharnais situation is gonna be one of the biggest themes on the board this season. I think both lines look better with Eller, Eller-Galchenyuk-Semin have already shown promise, and just imagine the physical force of a line of DLR-Eller-Kassian. As crazy as it sounds though, DD might actually be good for DLR. Getting constantly fed pucks could help his offensive instincts and I'm sure DD will give him plenty of opportunities to work on defense. I think the ideal line-up is that DD gets traded and one of Hudon/Ghetto step up. Leaving with

Hudon-Plekanec-Gallagher
DLR-Eller-Kassian
DSP-Mitchell-Weise

Keep DD.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Semin
DD - Plekanec - Gallagher
DLR - Eller - Kassian
Hudon - Mitchell - Weise

danger zone...

also no reason to play DSP an already weak player on his off wing and hope other 4th lines don't exploit that.

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Hudon-Plekanec-Gallagher
DLR-Eller-Kassian
DSP-Mitchell-Weise

I like this too. I would sign Fleischmann as well, if he can still shoot and skate, more or less, like his best years. This team can always use one more shooter, if there the previous two playoffs have taught us anything.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Keep DD.

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Semin
DD - Plekanec - Gallagher
DLR - Eller - Kassian
Hudon - Mitchell - Weise

danger zone...

also no reason to play DSP an already weak player on his off wing and hope other 4th lines don't exploit that.

What is with this obsession to move Galchenyuk over Plekanec? He's just starting as a full time center, let him get used.

Playing Pac with Semin on the same line is a waste. Who's gonna go to the net? They both are shooters. U need someone to create obstruction, to crash the net, to get in front of the goalie and get the rebounds.

That's what they want from Eller, and Gallagher already does it.

What's the point of playing Hudon on the 4th line? DSP can throw the body and if he plays 8 min a game , no one would care.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Never liked the idea of Eller on the wing, but if he's with offensive guys like Semin and Galchy, that changes everything. It should be a great opportunity for him. He has the tools to succeed as a winger.

I also initially wanted DLR in the A but if he plays on the 3rd line with Kassian and Desharnais that wouldn't be so bad. Should get a good amount of ice time while playing with 2 offensive guys. He can also play to his strengths as the defensive presence on that line.

With that said, I'd be happy with

Pacioretty--------Plekanec------Gallagher (Great all around line. Comfortable with them on the ice at any time)
Eller--------------Galchy--------Semin (They've looked great so far. Give them easy matchups and watch the points roll in)
DLR---------------DD-----------Kassian (Pretty balanced line that should expose teams with weaker depth)
DSP---------------Mitchell------Weise (Best 4th line we've had in a while. No risk with these guys on the ice)

I think we have a great double threat with our top 2 lines. It'll make it tough to line match. That's how you win games these days.

Defense is set in stone imo.

Can't see how this team won't be more exciting than last year. Looking forward to it!!

Edit: Also, absolutely PUMPED to see a Pacioretty-----Galchenyuk----Semin powerplay. With Subby and Markov/Petry at the point it just sounds absolutely deadly. If we can't turn that in to a successful PP, some jobs will be lost in the coaching department.

My exact thought. I don`t care if our centers are soft look at their wingers! Every single one of them can throw the body(maybe not Patches and Semin but they are not soft). Our forward core looks above average for a contender, but our goal tending is the best in the nhl and our D-core is top 5 for sure. :handclap:

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Eller - Galchenyuk - Semin
Fleishman - DD - Kassian
Weise - DLR - DSP

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn

Gilbert
Tinordi

Price

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Hmmm... no more Holloway's on the starting lineup?! :sarcasm:

Seriously though, in lights of what I'm seeing in this training camp, I'd go with:

Pacioretty - Desharnais - Kassian
Andrighetto - Plekanec - Gallagher
Eller - Galchenyuk - Semin
DSP/DLR - Mitchell - Weise/DLR/DSP
Flynn

Markov - Subban
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn
Gilbert
Barberio

Price
Tokarski

Last edited:

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
I would for sure integrate Hudon rather than play DD another game. Yes it's a slight loss in the short term, but this team has to prepare for the playoffs where I expect Hudon to be a player (DD...).

These 2 are fighting for the same spot. They can both play LW and Center. The fact that Hudon is waiver exempt might save DD in the short term.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Desharnais will not start on the top line, isn't going to happen. So anyone who thinks this, just shake it out and stop.

Sniperr

Feb 13, 2015
Newsflash; lines at camp, especially when the usual linemate of the one who's concerned is not playing, mean absolutely nothing.

Pretty sure Pacioretty will be playing with Plekanec and Gallagher on the top line, Galchenyuk on the second line and Desharnais on the third line.

Honestly DD have shown nothing in camp while Chucky's trio dominated everything.

MSLs absurd thighs

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Pretty sure Pacioretty will be playing with Plekanec and Gallagher on the top line, Galchenyuk on the second line and Desharnais on the third line.

Honestly DD have shown nothing in camp while Chucky's trio dominated everything.

It's entirely possible. Just like anything else.

Though I wouldn't say it's fair to evaluate Galchenyuk's performance and comparing it to Desharnais's, knowing who both guys have been playing with so far at camp.

I wonder how it's not a good thing though, if Plekanec and Gallagher can produce with Andrighetto, and if Semin and Galchenyuk keep doing good, to have Pacioretty, who we know WILL produce if put with Desharnais, forming a third really good offensive line, something we haven't had in years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad