Prospect Info: 2015-16 Colorado Avalanche Prospects Thread (CHL, NCAA and Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
At the moment I pay for it. There were other means, I've probably seen at least 40 Rouyn-Noranda games this year.

Yes, that's Beaudin's line at the moment although I could see them moving Meier to spread out of the offense a bit more when they get some bodies back. Beaudin is the top C on the team, I really like his game. Reminds me a lot of Soderberg. He's not flashy but he's very smart and does a lot of things well. He looks to pass but he's got a good shot that he's been trying to use more. Scoring the OT winner the other night his pass options were taken away and he had to shoot. Perron seems to feed off of him too, when Beaudin was injured for a couple of weeks Perron's effectiveness went down, I think he even went 3 games without a point which is unheard of for him. Huskies are a really fun team to watch and they really embody the concept of team, Beaudin is a big part of it.

Awesome rundown. Nice to hear that Beaudin is the catalyst for the Huskies. I have been trying to find a alternative to the expensive packages at this point to watch some more QMJHL, WHL and OHL games but have come up blank.

Seems like he and Meier are the real stars of the team.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Awesome rundown. Nice to hear that Beaudin is the catalyst for the Huskies. I have been trying to find a alternative to the expensive packages at this point to watch some more QMJHL, WHL and OHL games but have come up blank.

Seems like he and Meier are the real stars of the team.

Meier is an interesting one, I'm not sure anyone could pick out who was the 9th overall when watching the team. Not to say he isn't good but I don't think he overly stands out. I don't think he's had a big moment either, winning the game with a big goal. The first two they had out in OT the other night were Beaudin and Perron. If anyone is the star of the team its Perron and Beaudin is like his right hand man (literally). Of course our other two Huskies Nantel and Greer are big components of the offense too. Just for perspective, Meier has scored 5 goals this month while Greer has scored 8.

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
Meier is an interesting one, I'm not sure anyone could pick out who was the 9th overall when watching the team. Not to say he isn't good but I don't think he overly stands out. I don't think he's had a big moment either, winning the game with a big goal. The first two they had out in OT the other night were Beaudin and Perron. If anyone is the star of the team its Perron and Beaudin is like his right hand man (literally). Of course our other two Huskies Nantel and Greer are big components of the offense too. Just for perspective, Meier has scored 5 goals this month while Greer has scored 8.

I'd hate to be a goalie in the QMJHL.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

That's because AJ is a monster.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Dynamo Moscow are through to the 2nd round after a sweep of Slovan Bratislava. Mironov played in 3 games and is 2nd among D in TOI.

In other KHL news, our favorite son Radulov is leading the playoffs with 6 points in 4 games.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Dynamo weren't seriously tested in that series, but Mironov looked like he had his swagger in full force in the game I watched. I dunno if he's consciously been worked on his pinching, but he made a few plays by aggressively reading the action that Patrick would've been thrilled to see.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
Slovan actually played pretty well, it was a sweep, but they gave their all.

Mironov was good, does his job defensively and pushes the play the other way. He will never put up points, but should be a good defensive presence in the lineup. Plus he brings a nasty side to his game, something the Avs have been missing.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
1 (23) - Conner Bleackley
2 (54) - Traded for Reto Berra
3 (84) - Kyle Wood
4 (93) - Nick Magyar
4 (114) - Alexis Pepin
5 (144) - Anton Lindholm
6 (174) - Maximilian Pajpach
7 (204) - Julien Nantel

So this draft class happened.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
It'd be nice if Nantel and Pepin got contracts. Compher might finish school, but it'd be neat if we could get him in San Antonio next year, too. Does anybody want Westlund or Lindholm to come over? Sami come back?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If it's for proven NHL players, I'm all for it.

For longer than 18 games would be nice

It'd be nice if Nantel and Pepin got contracts. Compher might finish school, but it'd be neat if we could get him in San Antonio next year, too. Does anybody want Westlund or Lindholm to come over? Sami come back?

No, there shouldn't be much interested in them.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
What's the deal with Ben Storm? Does anybody remember he exists? When's this monster done school and eligible for the ECHL for a few years?

Do we want Boikov or Mironov over next year? Would the latter even want to come to the AHL?

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
What's the deal with Ben Storm? Does anybody remember he exists? When's this monster done school and eligible for the ECHL for a few years?

Do we want Boikov or Mironov over next year? Would the latter even want to come to the AHL?

Isn't Mironov committed to the KHL for one more year?

Ncit3

Oct 19, 2011
Colorado
You know what else is awesome? Young players on ELC's. That's how teams win championships, by getting those cheap young players in the lineup.

Gotta have good drafting for that. Miss all the time and you have no good young players to put on ELC's.

Drafting guys like Bleackley doesn't do it. Drafting guys like Pastrnak does. Need to hire some better scouts if you're gonna continually draft players that will only see 4th line minutes or AHL time.

Not saying Pastrnak is a lock to be a superstar but watching Boston the other night and seeing him score two goals early really made me envious of Boston.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
You know what else is awesome? Young players on ELC's. That's how teams win championships, by getting those cheap young players in the lineup.

Lets not put the cart before the horse. They have to be good enough to make the lineup, and then contribute enough to stay in the lineup first, before that cheap ELC is of much value.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad