2015-16 CBJ "Buy/Sell"

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Buy, we're actually gonna set a franchise record this year. Especially if we make it to the 2nd round, that's at least 6 sold out games right there. :laugh: but really if the jackets can consistently put up some wins I don't think it's unrealistic for the jackets to have a big year attendance wise.

Buy or sell. Saad stays on Johansens wing all season.

I'll sell that. I can't imagine Saad stays with Johansen ALL season. I imagine the lines will be flipped at some point with injuries, cold streaks, and trying to create a spark.

Buy or sell. One of Kerby Rychel, Sonny Milano, or Oliver Bjorkstrand forces their way into our lineup to start the season out of training camp.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I'll sell that. I can't imagine Saad stays with Johansen ALL season. I imagine the lines will be flipped at some point with injuries, cold streaks, and trying to create a spark.

Buy or sell. One of Kerby Rychel, Sonny Milano, or Oliver Bjorkstrand forces their way into our lineup to start the season out of training camp.

Sell, no way any of those guys displaces someone out of the top nine, and the CBJ brass is too smart to bury them on the fourth line.

Buy/Sell: Ryan Johansen sets a new franchise record for points in a season (previous record: 79), but not goals (41)

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Sell, no way any of those guys displaces someone out of the top nine, and the CBJ brass is too smart to bury them on the fourth line.

Buy/Sell: Ryan Johansen sets a new franchise record for points in a season (previous record: 79), but not goals (41)

I'll buy that. My prediction for Joey is 35 goals, 45-assists on the season.

Buy/Sell: Both Brandon Saad and Nick Foligno put up 60 point campaigns

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Buy. We're going to be a force to be reckoned with offensively.

Savard leads our defenseman In goals

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Sell. He maybe hits 10G.

Wennberg hits 20A next season.

Buy. With the ice time and PP opportunities he was given last year, one can only assume that he'll get more than his fair share again.

Buy/Sell.......Hartnell hits the 100 PIM mark again this season.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Buy/Sell.......Hartnell hits the 100 PIM mark again this season.

Buy. Only way he doesn't is an injury.

The CBJ have the solid season that everyone expects, but the national media slobbers all over Anisimov and Dano and act like Stan Bowman robbed Jarmo.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Buy. Only way he doesn't is an injury.

The CBJ have the solid season that everyone expects, but the national media slobbers all over Anisimov and Dano and act like Stan Bowman robbed Jarmo.

Sell, I think when it's all said and done it's going to be an even trade. It's gonna be another one of those rare win/win scenarios which we've had a lot of recently. If Saad can become a perennial 60pt player and if either of Paliotta or Bodnarchuk(sp?)can make it to the NHL and stick it'll be even. Personally I think Anisimov is going to continue with his injury trouble and we'll see if Dano can keep up where he left off last season, but I'm not as positive as most Blackhawk fans are. Who are already putting him on their 1st and 2nd lines.

Buy/Sell

Paliotta steals a spot out of camp.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Sell, I think when it's all said and done it's going to be an even trade. It's gonna be another one of those rare win/win scenarios which we've had a lot of recently. If Saad can become a perennial 60pt player and if either of Paliotta or Bodnarchuk(sp?)can make it to the NHL and stick it'll be even. Personally I think Anisimov is going to continue with his injury trouble and we'll see if Dano can keep up where he left off last season, but I'm not as positive as most Blackhawk fans are. Who are already putting him on their 1st and 2nd lines.

Buy/Sell

Paliotta steals a spot out of camp.

Sell I think he'll get there but out of camp will be too much to expect I think.

Buy/Sell

Columbus gets back into the top 3 hitting teams in the league

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
sell, we are gonna have the puck a lot, wont need to hit:nod:

buy/sell Campbell 10 goals

Sell. He's only been in double digits twice in his career - the most recent being five seasons ago.

Buy or sell? Hockey is going to explode in this town this year like we've never seen before.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
Sell. He's only been in double digits twice in his career - the most recent being five seasons ago.

Buy or sell? Hockey is going to explode in this town this year like we've never seen before.

Buy, especially if the Buckeyes lose a game this year ... the Jackets are going to be very strong, maybe the best version ever. If they win, the fans will come in droves ... we all know it's a hockey town.

Buy/sell: The youth and skill movement in Lake Erie takes the team all the way and the Monsters win the Calder Cup

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Buy, especially if the Buckeyes lose a game this year ... the Jackets are going to be very strong, maybe the best version ever. If they win, the fans will come in droves ... we all know it's a hockey town.

Buy/sell: The youth and skill movement in Lake Erie takes the team all the way and the Monsters win the Calder Cup

Sell, but only because it's always improbable for any one team to win. But I'll take the bet that the Monsters win if you give me decent odds. They're going to be loaded with skill up front and the D is stronger.

Buy/Sell: Anton Forsberg Calder Cup MVP.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
Sell, but only because it's always improbable for any one team to win. But I'll take the bet that the Monsters win if you give me decent odds. They're going to be loaded with skill up front and the D is stronger.

Buy/Sell: Anton Forsberg Calder Cup MVP.

Sell because I'm taking Bjork for that.

Buy/Sell Murray plays at least 60 games.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Buy, now that he lives here, I expect it to be in the double digits.

We bring a former CBJ player back in a trade deadline deal.

Sell...can't think of who you may be thinking of (Letestu -- ship has sailed and Voracek -- no ****ing way), but this management has who they like on the ice.

Buy/Sell...A top prospect and top nine forward are dealt before the new year to acquire the defenseman we have been looking for.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Buy. I think personally it will be Rychel. Could easily be Milano though.

B/S the CBJ repeat as Traverse City champs.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Buy

Buy/Sell:
Johansen becomes a top ten player in the league this year.

Sell. He can't spell intensity. :sarcasm: Actually a little serious, I don't see Joey having the intensity of guys like Toews or even Tavares.

Sell...can't think of who you may be thinking of (Letestu -- ship has sailed and Voracek -- no ****ing way), but this management has who they like on the ice.

Buy/Sell...A top prospect and top nine forward are dealt before the new year to acquire the defenseman we have been looking for.

Sell. That's a bit early for a major player to be on the market.*

Buy/Sell: We acquire the major defensive upgrade in the new year. It'll be a soon to be UFA so we can win now and kick the tires before a potential signing.

* Vanek was actually traded in October in a "kick the tires" trade. Garth Snow went all out to try and sign Vanek and is probably pleased right now that Vanek refused.

Old Guy

Just waitin' on my medication.
Aug 30, 2015
Buy/Sell: We acquire the major defensive upgrade in the new year. It'll be a soon to be UFA so we can win now and kick the tires before a potential signing.

Sell. I think Jarmo just keeps looking for the right deal, not just A deal.

Buy/Sell; After 20 games, the CBJ have 20+ points and avoiding the typical stumble out of the gate and are in a playoff position.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Buy-It would be a total disappointment if they don't have 20 points by then.

Buy/Sell- Bobrovsky breaks his personal best in shutouts and has 6 or more this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad