WC: 2015 — Team Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexor

Oct 24, 2006
Brno
OK, so after Canada game I have to say I dont know what is exactly Erat's purpose in this team except few passes. First and third line were almost invisible in this game. I ussually bash our defence. However they werent that bad. Especially the first line has to improve a lot, otherwise we can not be a medal contender this year Imo...

Erat is a big black hole on the first PP unit. I'd vastly prefer Hertl or even Červenka instead of him. I'm sure Růžička can see that too but he probably doesn't want to show all his cards before the games get really meaningful.

Praha 1985

Apr 24, 2015
Erat is a big black hole on the first PP unit. I'd vastly prefer Hertl or even Červenka instead of him. I'm sure Růžička can see that too but he probably doesn't want to show all his cards before the games get really meaningful.

It´s meaningful already cause wins now make the play-off much easier!
Now it looks like it will be Russia in Quarters. With some more points it would have been Finland or even Slovakia. Much easier of course.

Babula

May 31, 2012
new line up for match against France :

Pavelec - Němec, Hejda, Nakládal, Kolář, Jordán, Čáslava - Voráček, Sobotka, Hertl - Jágr, Jan Kovář, Simon - Červenka, Novotný, Erat - Smoleňák, Koukal, Zaťovič

Ralgo

Oct 12, 2013
Prague
Unfortunately it seems so. God knows why Ruzicka doesnt take Mrazek in - right now our best goalie... . But hey, perhaps he plan to loose coz defence and goalies and say "Well, we had a good offense..."

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Unfortunately it seems so. God knows why Ruzicka doesnt take Mrazek in - right now our best goalie... . But hey, perhaps he plan to loose coz defence and goalies and say "Well, we had a good offense..."

?? Bringing young goalie who never played for A team during the WC? That will definetely bring stability and "calmness" to the team...I can easily imagine some p...d guys.....

Ralgo

Oct 12, 2013
Prague
?? Bringing young goalie who never played for A team during the WC? That will definetely bring stability and "calmness" to the team...I can easily imagine some p...d guys.....

Yep - exactly that. Dont take in mind his achievements in WHC, AHL, NHL....and absolutely plase forget, that Pavelecs biggest achievement in national team came when he was put in net young and totally inexperienced (compared to what Mrazek has achieved). Also possible save of the playoff and 2 shutouts (and few other very good games, when his D was on vacation) - watched at least in TV by most of our players wouldnt bring "calmness"...

Yep...youre absolutely right.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Yep - exactly that. Dont take in mind his achievements in WHC, AHL, NHL....and absolutely plase forget, that Pavelecs biggest achievement in national team came when he was put in net young and totally inexperienced (compared to what Mrazek has achieved). Also possible save of the playoff and 2 shutouts (and few other very good games, when his D was on vacation) - watched at least in TV by most of our players wouldnt bring "calmness"...

Yep...youre absolutely right.

I know how it is....Just pointing that it is not so wise to change smth on such sensitive position during the tourney. What would be the message to the rest 3? "You are useless we need another one." We all know that they are pretty much mediocre on int level. But howmany times could Mrazek come when he play in Detroit? What I am saying is that we will have pretty much same group of golies in next years (with addition of Francouz and maybe Mazanec). They wont be much eager to perform in the future when you undermine them now....

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
Sorry, I didn't have time to post graphs during last few games, but it was a busy week with a road trip to SWE-CAN and work.

Anyway you can find those stats or graphs on twitter (you can follow @The_HockeyNinja). We are tweeting during the game (during intermisions) and after the game all our stats and graphs (usually +-15min after the game).

We re-tracked zone entries for all CZE games. That's why we published an article about zone entries http://www.thehockeyninja.com/hybatele-ceske-ofenzivy-voracek-jagr-a-mozna-i-erat/ (chart is partly in ENG).

Praha 1985

Apr 24, 2015
Sorry, I didn't have time to post graphs during last few games, but it was a busy week with a road trip to SWE-CAN and work.

Anyway you can find those stats or graphs on twitter (you can follow @The_HockeyNinja). We are tweeting during the game (during intermisions) and after the game all our stats and graphs (usually +-15min after the game).

We re-tracked zone entries for all CZE games. That's why we published an article about zone entries http://www.thehockeyninja.com/hybatele-ceske-ofenzivy-voracek-jagr-a-mozna-i-erat/ (chart is partly in ENG).

Do you know if it´s still possible that Hudler or Plekanec would join the team? Or is it too late now? Maybe if Anaheim wins tonight?

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Do you know if it´s still possible that Hudler or Plekanec would join the team? Or is it too late now? Maybe if Anaheim wins tonight?

It is too late, no one else will join the team... unfortunately. Vondrka / Radil / Kempny will fill the team. Hudler/Plekanec could still arrive in time before QF (if eliminated in next game) but the coaches would want for them more days to get ready for big ice / time-zone / chemistry etc.

Btw great article Kesid! Did you notice us at the Sweden-Canada game? :laugh: I haven't seen anyone in Crosby jersey besides 6-8 yo kid. :laugh:

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
It is too late, no one else will join the team... unfortunately. Vondrka / Radil / Kempny will fill the team. Hudler/Plekanec could still arrive in time before QF (if eliminated in next game) but the coaches would want for them more days to get ready for big ice / time-zone / chemistry etc.

Btw great article Kesid! Did you notice us at the Sweden-Canada game? :laugh: I haven't seen anyone in Crosby jersey besides 6-8 yo kid. :laugh:

Thanks, we are glad people like it.

I noticed "we love Giroux" sign on the other side of the rink (next to the penalty box). Was that you? Hope you had a good time :)

Well, I felt like a kid inside... :laugh:. We were behind CAN benches during warm up, but our seats were behind the SWE bench.

Praha 1985

Apr 24, 2015

So unlucky with the NHL-players! If you add Zidlicky, Mrazek, Krecji, Pastrnak and for example Hudler I think they would be a very, very hot gold contender.

I think even if late they should ask Plekanec if Montreal lose. Good in both ends of the rink and great at face offs. And Czechs really needs more strength on the centre position.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Thanks, we are glad people like it.

I noticed "we love Giroux" sign on the other side of the rink (next to the penalty box). Was that you? Hope you had a good time :)

Well, I felt like a kid inside... :laugh:. We were behind CAN benches during warm up, but our seats were behind the SWE bench.

Yeah, that was us. :laugh: Yup, was a fantastic game and great experience, we were cheering for Canada a lot. :laugh: I posted a couple of photos from the game on the Flyers board.

So unlucky with the NHL-players! If you add Zidlicky, Mrazek, Krecji, Pastrnak and for example Hudler I think they would be a very, very hot gold contender.

I think even if late they should ask Plekanec if Montreal lose. Good in both ends of the rink and great at face offs. And Czechs really needs more strength on the centre position.

Yes but the same could be said about everyone. Edit: I mean Sweden, Finland, USA etc.

Last edited:

Ralgo

Oct 12, 2013
Prague
I know how it is....Just pointing that it is not so wise to change smth on such sensitive position during the tourney. What would be the message to the rest 3? "You are useless we need another one." We all know that they are pretty much mediocre on int level. But howmany times could Mrazek come when he play in Detroit? What I am saying is that we will have pretty much same group of golies in next years (with addition of Francouz and maybe Mazanec). They wont be much eager to perform in the future when you undermine them now....

Well, problem is that message would be pretty right. Our D sux big time for years, but we usually save it with good goaltending. And to undermine....well, Id say Mrazek 1, Pavelec 2, Francouz 3 - Salak, while he was usually good, is really not in form right now, and Pavelec is in his long-time form - average. Makes a light-out save, then overlooks a softie.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010

Amazing moves at age 43.

I have to say, I'm really impressed by Jagr on this tourney. It's like watching ten years younger Jagr. Last year he was very solid but this year... he took it on another level which is amazing considering his age.

Praha 1985

Apr 24, 2015
I have to say, I'm really impressed by Jagr on this tourney. It's like watching ten years younger Jagr. Last year he was very solid but this year... he took it on another level which is amazing considering his age.

Absolutely so.

DrunkElkCZ

Apr 16, 2012
Brno, Czech Rep.
5550a2ad360caa62685a0100-196545.jpg

Luckily we have a younger Jagr now :laugh::laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad