WC: 2015 — Team Czech Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
He trusts him. It's simple as that. And it's the same case for Cervenka, Klepis or Vondrka (or Barinka, Hubacek and others with Hadamczik). I don't like it, but what can you do?

Exactly, every coach will have his favourite players, even the one after Ruzicka will have ones, no matter who it will be. We dont have to like it but thats really the only thing we can do. And it is impossible to satisfy EVERY fan.

Hemsky001

May 17, 2012
Great offense (expected), awful defence (very expected), mediocre Salak (yeah..). Great first match anyways.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
CD88C_vVIAEpcwH.png:large

CZE - SWE 40:34 (but when the game was tied it was 11:14)
- best player was Caslava
- worst player was Hejda

edit : red line was off

Last edited:

sajmae

Jun 3, 2010
Czech Republic
Great offense (expected), awful defence (very expected), mediocre Salak (yeah..). Great first match anyways.

Yep, this is quite accurate, I hope Pavelec gets the second start. Too bad the defense is not really fixable. I somewhat liked Nakládal who is pretty bad with puck, but was like the only one who wasn't afraid to shoot. Guess Čáslava was ok defensively according to the graph in the previous post, but IMO as the most experienced D he has to be even better.

I didn't watch NT much during the season so I was really surprised and amazed by the 4th line, hopefully they keep it up.

Forwards were great except for Erat and Novotný. Sobotka's offense was also cringeworthy and I don't really know why he was chosen in the shootout.

All in all a great match for the fans, too bad we gave up the lead in the end and now lets beat Latvia.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
I expect Pavelec to start vs Latvia today and based on his performance they'll make a decision about who goes in goal vs Canada. IMO it will be Pavelec but let's see.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
I expect Pavelec to start vs Latvia today and based on his performance they'll make a decision about who goes in goal vs Canada. IMO it will be Pavelec but let's see.

Agree. Too bad Ruzicka has already decided about goalies and probably won't make any changes regarding the trio. Mrazek would be great goalie to have.

Praha 1985

Apr 24, 2015
Agree. Too bad Ruzicka has already decided about goalies and probably won't make any changes regarding the trio. Mrazek would be great goalie to have.

Yes, it would have been extremely interesting to see Mrazek here! The way he has played I´d say that no question that he should have been nr 1.

Salak has never really impressed me. Looks small in net and always with some holes.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
I'm gonna wear my Crosby jersey and I'm looking forward to hit everybody with Giroux poster or Flyers jersey :laugh:

Nice! Already looking forward for this. I don't like Crosby! But is that surprising? :laugh: :laugh:

CD8zeVlW8AEMEJ5.png

CZE - SWE 40:34 (but when the game was tied it was 11:14)
- best player was Caslava
- worst player was Hejda

And thanks for posting this, that's awesome!

Absolutely. What an ending to the season it would be for him! First big amount of games in regular season, terrific performance in playoffs, 2 shutouts and then the WHC in Czech republic...

By the way, Providence is now eliminated so Pastrnak is free but he just played 3 games, is he injured or something? I am not expecting that he will get an invite now but I would be really happy and Ruzicka would really surprise us with this decision. (in the case he's healthy). Almost all possible players from NHL declined so why not?

Babula

May 31, 2012
Isn't it too much for young goalie to get nr.1 spot for the first time in his career in NT jersey in this case ?

sajmae

Jun 3, 2010
Czech Republic
Isn't it too much for young goalie to get nr.1 spot for the first time in his career in NT jersey in this case ?

I think the bigger problem would be with the different size of the ice. We saw Rinne struggle hard yesterday and I don't know when was the last time Mrázek played in Europe and putting him without any training straight into the games would probably not be optimal. As for experience, he had monstrous WJC in Czech colors, he just experienced NHL playoffs, I think he would thrive in this environment.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Pastrnak would be great but Ruzicka has already stated that since it would be too late for Pastrnak to join, he's not interested anymore. And I guess that is still on. The offense pretty much worked the first match and he already added Smolenak to the roster. Too bad, I would love to see him here.

Well, if it was some other goalie I'd be little affraid but with Mrazek's nature it wouldn't be much of a problem IMO. He's still little inconsistent but so is Pavelec or Salak and Mrazek is able to steal games.

Corax

May 1, 2007
Great game on first day. Little bad penalty in last minutes. Hope Jarda will be ready for the next game.

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
CD839vUUIAAyzIt.png

Zone entries from the last game are very interesting. Our D was backing up, so SWE was able to carry the puck to the offensive zone. It doesn't mean it's all on our D, because it could mean our F didn't help much with backchecking.

CZE players were better with generating shots from dumping the puck even when SWE players recovered the puck first. But obviously SWE "didn't have to be more aggresive" in their offensive zone because they were leading the game.

Nice! Already looking forward for this. I don't like Crosby! But is that surprising? :laugh: :laugh:

Yes, it is! :sarcasm:

Oh and btw. Salak is a starter tonight.

sajmae

Jun 3, 2010
Czech Republic
This could also mean that Pavelec will be the starter against Canada. Who will get a chance agaisnt Canada and eventually succeed will be the starter later in the tourney IMO.

I guess that is a possibility, but doesn't make much sense. In this case let Pavelec start against Latvia to let him gain confidence and feel for the ice in a real match, not put him in against possibly the best team on this WC for his first match.

It seems that Růžička really believes in Salák and wants him to bounce back quickly, if he shutouts (or play well obv) Latvia he stays #1 IMO and we go with Salák into other matches as well.

tade

Mar 6, 2013
Brno, Czech Republic
Atleast Krejcik will be 7th defenseman today.

Spacek said something like they are done with NHL players. Well, I hope it doesn't mean, let's say for example, Montreal/Calgary gets swept or is eliminated in 5 games. Plekanec/Hudler is healthy and wants to go. There is no way that they wouldn't want him (or both of them), right?!

They should be open to add someone from NHL before QF. You can't pass on players like Plekanec, Palat or Hudler if they are healthy and ready to go.

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
Atleast Krejcik will be 7th defenseman today.

Spacek said something like they are done with NHL players. Well, I hope it doesn't mean, let's say for example, Montreal/Calgary gets swept or is eliminated in 5 games. Plekanec/Hudler is healthy and wants to go. There is no way that they wouldn't want him (or both of them), right?!

They should be open to add someone from NHL before QF. You can't pass on players like Plekanec, Palat or Hudler if they are healthy and ready to go.

IMO the only one they would yet be willing to add to the roster is Plekanec. But more probably they will just fill the roster with Kempny and Vondrka/Radil.

Swipes

Apr 13, 2010
Well, things are looking up.

Salak is out, Krejcik was benched. That defense though. :help:

Kesid

The House of Penguin
Aug 25, 2005
CEB-s61UMAAO0ek.png

- orange line is a team average
- Score was 1:1 in 5v5, CZE with more shot attempts 38:24 (CZE six times with 2+ shots)

CED_h0DW0AEC9cx.jpg

- CZE just with 22% getting the puck first after dumping the puck, but they were able to steal it back from LAT and generate shots

It was a bad idea to play Salak in back-to-back games. You should play your backup. My brother wrote an article about that during the Czech playoffs (link).

EDIT : orange, not yellow :)

Last edited:

Dessloch

DOPS keeping NHL players unsafe like its their job
Nov 29, 2005

How epic would that have been had Jagr scored? I cursed very loudly when it did not go in :D

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
OK, so after Canada game I have to say I dont know what is exactly Erat's purpose in this team except few passes. First and third line were almost invisible in this game. I ussually bash our defence. However they werent that bad. Especially the first line has to improve a lot, otherwise we can not be a medal contender this year Imo...

joey16

Dec 27, 2010
OK, so after Canada game I have to say I dont know what is exactly Erat's purpose in this team except few passes. First and third line were almost invisible in this game. I ussually bash our defence. However they werent that bad. Especially the first line has to improve a lot, otherwise we can not be a medal contender this year Imo...

Pretty much agree, Plekanec would be big improvent...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad