Bernhard Starkbaum

Mathias Lange

Will battle to avoid relegation.

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
STARKBAUM Bernhard Brynäs IF (SWE)
LANGE Mathias Iserlohn Roosters (GER)
KICKERT David EV UPC Vienna Capitals (AUT) or MADLENER David Dornbirner Eishockey Club (AUT)

ULMER Stefan - R - HC Lugano (SUI)
ALTMANN Mario - L - EC VSV (AUT)
IBERER Florian - L - EV UPC Vienna Capitals (AUT)
TRATTNIG Matthias - L - EC Red Bull Salzburg (AUT)
PÖCK Markus - L - EC Red Bull Salzburg (AUT)
HEINRICH Dominique - L - EC Red Bull Salzburg (AUT)
SCHUMNIG Martin - R - EC KAC (AUT)
MITTERDORFER Daniel - L - EHC LIWEST Linz (AUT) or BACHER Stefan - L - EC VSV (AUT)

LEBLER Brian - RW/LW - L - EHC LIWEST Linz (AUT)
HERBURGER Raphael - RW - L - EHC Biel-Bienne (SUI)
HUNDERTPFUND Thomas - CE - L - EC KAC (AUT)
RAFFL Thomas - RW - L - EC Red Bull Salzburg (AUT)
LATUSA Manuel - LW - L - EC Red Bull Salzburg (AUT)
IBERER Matthias - RW - L - EHC LIWEST Linz (AUT)
KOMAREK Konstantin - CE - L EC Red Bull Salzburg (AUT)
OBERKOFLER Daniel - CE - L - EHC LIWEST Linz (AUT)
KOCH Thomas - CE- L- EC KAC (AUT)
GEIER Manuel - LW - L- EC KAC (AUT)
GEIER Stefan - RW - L- EC KAC (AUT)
NÖDL Andreas - LW/RW - L -EV UPC Vienna Capitals (AUT)
ROTTER Rafael - LW - R - EV UPC Vienna Capitals (AUT)
RAFLL MICHAEL - LW/CE – L - Philadelphia Flyers (NHL)

M. RAFLL - HERBURGER - LEBLER
LATUSA - KOMAREK - T. RAFFL - played together during the season and playoff Ebel
ROTTER - KOCH - NÖDL
M. GEIER - HUNDERTPFUND - S. GEIER
OBERKOFLER, IBERER

Last edited:

Khokhlach86

Jul 8, 2012
Moscow
first 12 players in training camp

GK:
Thomas Honeckl (EC VSV)
David Madlener (Dornbirner)

DF:
Mario Altmann (EC VSV)
Stefan Bacher (EC VSV)
Robert Lembacher (Dornbirner)

FW:
Manuel Ganahl (Graz 99)
Raphael Herburger (EHC Biel)
Mario Huber (TWK Innsbruck)
Daniel Nageler (EC VSV)
Nikolas Petrik (Dornbirner)
Marco Richter (Madison Capitols)
Daniel Woger (Graz 99)

Slohockey

Feb 13, 2014
Most likely no Vanek nor Grabner. M. Raffl is coming (if no injuries of course). Majority of players come from domestic EBEL League. A few very good players in offense (Raffl brothers, Lebler, Koch, Setzinger, Hundertpfund, Rotter, Komarek), and two strong goaltenders (Starkbaum and Lange, maybe even Weinhandl will be invited as third goalie).

For sure tough battle to stay in Elite Division.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Goalkeeper Mathias Lange was not invited.
German media reported, that the Austrian federation claimed he did not want to attend every training camp before the tournament, but his DEL team claims that Lange had promised to attend every camp both sides had previously agreed on.

Not sure what that really means, but it looks like Austria will be missing a decent goalie who had very good season.
But I guess Starkbaum would have started all/most of the games anyway.

Slohockey

Feb 13, 2014
Koch is not coming (injury), the same goes for Stefan Ulmer, Stefan Geier, Fabio Hofer, Daniel Oberkofler questionable...some bad news as it seems. And Matthias Iberer ended his career at only 30 years of age. Why so soon?

ReneM86

Dec 21, 2014
Austria
Koch is not coming (injury), the same goes for Stefan Ulmer, Stefan Geier, Fabio Hofer, Daniel Oberkofler questionable...some bad news as it seems. And Matthias Iberer ended his career at only 30 years of age. Why so soon?

because he will be a restaurant owner. it's a kind of family histroy

Forsberg21Sakic19

Jul 8, 2012
Hoboken, New Jersey, US
This looks to be a fairly young and inexperienced team (at least at WC level). Outside of the Raffl brothers, there isn't much top line scoring available but will be interesting to see how guys like Kristler and Komarek do.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
This looks to be a fairly young and inexperienced team (at least at WC level). Outside of the Raffl brothers, there isn't much top line scoring available but will be interesting to see how guys like Kristler and Komarek do.
I wish that were more true, but they've returned to an older lineup. As for offense outside of the Raffl brothers, there's a decent amount despite not having Grabner and Vanek. Brian Lebler was the league MVP and tied Thomas Raffl in points. Thomas Hundertpfund scored a goal against Finland in the Olympics, and it was no fluke as he generally plays up to his competition. Other offensive weapons would be former Carolina Hurricane Andreas Nodl, Raphael Herburger and Manuel Ganahl. Offense isn't so much the problem defense is. This team can leak goals in bunches.

Last edited:

ergi24

Feb 19, 2015
Slovakia
my WC roster

Starkbaum
Swette
Madlener

Schumnig - Iberer
Heinrich - Pallestrang
Altman - Mitterdofer
Peter - Mühlstein

M. Raffl - Herburger - Lebler
T. Raffl - Komarek - Latusa
M. Geier - Hundertpfund - Rotter
N. Petrik - Kristler - Fisher
Ganahl, Woger/Cijan

Slohockey

Feb 13, 2014
Where are guys like Oliver Setzinger and Andreas Nodl? Setzinger had a very good season in Klagenfurt. I am thinking he has ended his national team career?

"On paper" Team Austria is weak in defence, they have very good goalie (Starkbaum) and quite a few offensive weapons (Raffl brothers, Lebler, Hundertpfund, Herburger, I also like Rotter very much).

Should be intense battle for Austrians to stay in Elite Division.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Nodl should still be on the final roster for the tournament but Setzinger retired in response to the inept management. For a while now Alpo Suhonen has worn his welcome and Dieter Kalt has been too old and inept to orchestrate any positive progress and that has led to the retirement of many players and coaches from international service. However, the much maligned OEHV ignores the protests of dissenting parties and keeps rolling along with what they still have left. Austria is not a favorite to be relegated because they lack talent but because they lack a responsible President and GM who are interested in the furthering of hockey in Austria rather than keeping their sons employed and writing poetry while overlooking the beauty of Vienna.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I see you guys are playing USA & CAN in next two days. I am planning trip to Vienna, you think there's a chance that games will sell out (are sold out already)? Is there a site i can buy tickets online? Pretty sure they are playing in Albert Schultz Eishalle but asking to be sure anyway, hows parking situation around the place?

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
https://order.wien-ticket.at/online/index.php3?shopid=176&gotoperformance=93549
https://order.wien-ticket.at/online/index.php3?shopid=176&gotoperformance=93550
few tickets available: first is USA with more seat available, the 2nd canada game, with only standing places..
choose the MAP booking down-> button yellow "weiter Saalplanbuchung"
parking is no problem. opposite is large shopping mall DONAUZENTRUM with 2 or 3 hours free parking even in evening as it is also cinema centre, directly in front of entrance is also free parking space, but not many. if you come close to begin, i suggest to go directly to mall parking, otherwise could happen you need 20 minutes for driving the circle. they have stupid 1 lane 1 direction street...
1220 Wien Attemsgasse 1 you need put in navigation which is directly arena Albert Schultz Eishalle, 150m before is the mall. enjoy it..
..and better take the NORTH side, as south is almost all line the players seats, so if you would take south, better from row 7 or higher, as the plexiglasss is totally dirty.

Last edited:

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Big thanks for quick response.

I seem to be having problems with choosing exact seats (row/number), i can put 2 tickets in the warenkorb but not sure how to navigate or even choose from that arena sheme. I think i ll just reserve random standing tickets and hope for the best.

Edit: Tickets booked (no idea what seats) but most importantly i am in and hopefully not directly behind dirty plexi, thanks again for all the additional infos :)

Last edited:

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
for canada anyway you can only choose the STEHPLATZ, and put into warenkorb...
for usa you must directly go down to SAALPLATZBUCHUNG (dont choose from up with the arrow window), then opens the map, where you click into area you want, and choose the seat (at right ÜBERSICHT you can move the area), then it is down, and you choose PLÄTZE IN DEN WARENKORB LEGEN...
i know they have stupid system, very difficult compared to other systems..

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Yeah, English option wouldn't hurt either but it's understandable, vast majority of customers come from Austria.

This is how Bestaetigungsmail looks like:
''20,00 EUR | Stehplatz Vollpreis 29.04.2015 / 19:00, Mi. LS 06 Österreich - Kanada Albert Schultz Halle, WEST, West Stehplatz , Reihe: -, Sitz: -''

^^No row or seat number specified, i guess i ll get that at abendkassa when i ll show them booking email and receive my actual tickets. If i come early i might have privilege to choose place so i hope for the north as you mentioned.

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
you get a few minutes later another email, with attachement of e-ticket, just print it, this is all you need, no exchange at abendkassa...
(provided you have choosen the paperless delivery-otherwise you get it where you choosen-either at abendkasse arena or at opera house-hope you didnt choose that delivery option-it is at centre !!))
as you have standing area, you choose what you want, no special area designated- standing is only behind complete both goal sides -all behind WEST goal is yours..
(north side would be only for the canada game available, and there would be only seats)

Last edited:

ReneM86

Dec 21, 2014
Austria
Grabner and his Islanders are out, but Coach Dan Ratushny doesn't call up him for the worlds. To be honest, it a very sophisticated decision. Austria isn't the big team in this tournament to renounce players like Grabs.

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
Grabner and his Islanders are out, but Coach Dan Ratushny doesn't call up him for the worlds. To be honest, it a very sophisticated decision. Austria isn't the big team in this tournament to renounce players like Grabs.

coach makes decisions, he is finally responsible. but look at our roaster, mainly from EBEL.
so any player from another league is a big improvement. and quick grabner could make the difference against france, germany, latvia...

but i believe anyway he would not get permission from islanders, as his injury has to be handled now...

ReneM86

Dec 21, 2014
Austria
coach makes decisions, he is finally responsible. but look at our roaster, mainly from EBEL.
so any player from another league is a big improvement. and quick grabner could make the difference against france, germany, latvia...

but i believe anyway he would not get permission from islanders, as his injury has to be handled now...

I absolutely agree with you. And probably the permission is an argument! I hope that's the main-argument. To my opinion the roaster isn't strong enough now. Very weak in the defense and offense as well, but tonight against the USA, we'll see how the Team perform without Grabs & Co. Nevertheless it's very nice to be part of the worlds 2015. :handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad