GDT: 2014 Youngstars Tournament: Flames vs. Jets: Sept. 12th: 4:00 PM PDT/5:00 PM MDT

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Also a reminder to those praising Ramage a bit earlier, he was the best D in the tournament last year for the Flames, his leadership was 2nd to none.

I also think Ramage was good until he hit the wall last year, then had a great finish with the Aces. He often was played in top 4 situations early in the year and logged a decent amount of minutes against tougher competition that he had ever seen before. I think a large part of his downfall later in the season was due to conditioning, hopefully 14/15 will be a stronger year for him.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Sharks fan here coming in peace... Man o man..that johnny hockey goal was sick...sport center top play and all...how y'all feelin about him going into the season overall? Good luck this season!

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
Sharks fan here coming in peace... Man o man..that johnny hockey goal was sick...sport center top play and all...how y'all feelin about him going into the season overall? Good luck this season!

Still unsure on whether management wants to slot him in the AHL for a year, just to get used to better players and schedule. However, he does have the skills to make the NHL.

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta

There is no question that he's a very talented player, but the biggest concern is his size and how well that will transition into the NHL. However, with that said, I think Cammalleri gave them the best advice in that guys shouldn't be too concerned about getting bigger and stronger. It's their skill that got them where they are and if they deviate from that formula, it might even have a negative impact on their game.

I know we're all excited to see these young guys play. I just hope their development is not mismanaged. We only have to look to the team north of us to see what happens when prospects are thrown into the big game too soon.

Hagged

Jul 6, 2009
I have always said Markus is the better prospect of the Granlund brothers. And now since a year ago he has been starting to show I was correct the whole time. Better AHL season at a similar age, and still managed to make a jump forward this off season. Mikael will be at PPG this season with the help of Pominville and Vanek/Parise but Markus will top that with similar playmaking skill but undeniably better shot.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
I have always said Markus is the better prospect of the Granlund brothers. And now since a year ago he has been starting to show I was correct the whole time. Better AHL season at a similar age, and still managed to make a jump forward this off season. Mikael will be at PPG this season with the help of Pominville and Vanek/Parise but Markus will top that with similar playmaking skill but undeniably better shot.

ou god. not this again.

Pokeys

Dec 31, 2009
Peg
Granlund, Ramage, and Gaudreau all stood out too me. Jets fan here. Overall it was a good a game and y'all have a few future playmakers in the system.

Beats By CoRD

Tommy Fresh
Jul 12, 2009
In The Studio
www.myflashstore.net
GlumUnhealthyAstrangiacoral.gif

Did he just roof that puck over the blocker?!? Good lord!!!!!! This kid is something special.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

On the radio the Play by play guy butchered this. I wasn't even sure what was happening.
Then him and Lombo were both like Johnny Hockey!!! And I kind of figured this was a beauty.

I think Granlund should be the best player in this tournament. He's played with men for a long time now, which compared to this camp goes a long way.

The only three names on defense I heard was Ramage, Kanzig and Sieloff. Outside of give aways. I think Big Zig might end up being a really solid NHLer; especially when he puts it all together.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
They need to grow-up and ditch the whole clownish set for the beauty vintage. I'm a little surprised it wasn't one of Burke's first actions.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
They need to grow-up and ditch the whole clownish set for the beauty vintage. I'm a little surprised it wasn't one of Burke's first actions.

I want this to happen so much! I hope they switch the white ones over too!

Nordberg

Sep 22, 2009
Landskrona
I wouldn't be opposed to the idea of a whole new set of jerseys. However, the Flames in their current state of being appear to have zero design sense, so the results would most likely be horrifying. We ought to just go with the vintage jerseys. I don't understand why they won't. There seems to be something of a consensus between the fans here.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
On the radio the Play by play guy butchered this. I wasn't even sure what was happening.
Then him and Lombo were both like Johnny Hockey!!! And I kind of figured this was a beauty.QUOTE]

I was tabbed out playing a game with the stream in the background and heard oh MY Johnny hockey and tabbed back in to see the replay

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Huska said he is going with a

JG - Bennett - Ferland line

My god this will be good

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
That sounds really interesting. Good mix of player types.

Ferland deserved it. Although I stated last year that Jooris is very underrated and plays an all round game. Would like to see him given the opportunity with some skill players.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
Not as of today. I know Edmonton signed Chase, which bugs me because I like him better than Padakin.

It would still be pretty cool to get him. A RWer who was like 4th or 5th in Hitmen scoring isn't too bad as a project.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad