2014 Young Stars Classic

Bam19

Apr 3, 2008
Excited for this, do the canucks games generally sell out? Don't know about time off until after tickets go on sale.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
I remember the mini-Oilers trying to goon it up against us last year :laugh:

Fun tourney.

Foundational Player

Benning the Incompetent
Mar 27, 2008
BC
Always a good time. Watched the nucks/oil last year.

Hoping the Canucks have a number of high picks this year, would love to see how the look at ice level.

If the team happens to pick a player headed for the American collegiate route, they cannot attend the camp correct? Conflict with school timetable correct?

Seatoo

Never Stop Poasting
Oct 19, 2012
Okanagan
Hopefully I can get a day pass from the wife to go to a SJ vs Van game, wanted to last year but it just didn't work.

Horvat, Shinkaruk, Jensen (?), Gaunce, Cassels, Fox, Subban, Corrado (?), Cedarholm (?). Plus whoever we draft this year.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Always a good time. Watched the nucks/oil last year.

Hoping the Canucks have a number of high picks this year, would love to see how the look at ice level.

If the team happens to pick a player headed for the American collegiate route, they cannot attend the camp correct? Conflict with school timetable correct?

I seem to recall previous picks going to NCAA not being able to attend.

Wolfhard

Jul 7, 2012
BC
No Sharks this year. Too bad. I'll be at every Canucks game again, and any of the others that don't interfere with work. Always a good time.

Craz1bo1

Feb 9, 2013
Penticton, BC , — The 2014 Young Stars Classic in Penticton, BC, beginning Friday, September 12, 2014, will feature a number of notable prospects of the Vancouver Canucks, Calgary Flames, Edmonton Oilers and Winnipeg Jets. A total of twelve first round draft picks will be participating in the event this year. Over the past three Young Star Classics, over 65 players have gone on to play NHL games. Complete rosters will be released at a later date.

The Vancouver Canucks roster will include five players selected in the first round of the NHL Entry Draft since 2011: Jared McCann (24th overall in 2014), Bo Horvat (9th overall in 2013), Hunter Shinkaruk (24th overall in 2013), Brendan Gaunce (26th overall in 2012), and Nicklas Jensen (29th overall in 2011). Dane Fox, who led the Ontario Hockey League in goals (64) and ranked second in points (107) in 2013.14, will also attend the event alongside two players, Frank Corrado and Mike Zalewski, who spent time on the Canucks roster last season.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=725885

Wisp

Nov 14, 2010
The team is going to be stacked this year and Virtanen isn't even playing.

Lindgren

Jun 30, 2005
The inclusion of Corrado and Jensen seems very odd to me. Are they there to provide leadership? Is it a message to them that they have a lot to prove, or that the club isn't happy with their development?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00