2014 World Junior Thread

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
This is true in most cases ... but, to write off a player and use this as your argument against them, is a stretch - even for a Mayor Bee argument ;)

What I like most about Rychel's game is that it will translate to the pros. He has an NHL frame, and the goals he scores aren't because he's quicker or more experienced than the younger junior players ... it's because he puts his butt in front of the net, is hard to move, and has a quick stick. Those type of goal scorers will always have an easier time adjusting to the pro game.

If Kerby Rychel can become a 30 goal scoring top-6 forward, then I'd consider that pick well used. Regardless of how well he forechecks or does the little things.

Rychel/Wennberg/Dano, based on your assesment at this point, do you feel there is an NHL top 6 forward in that group?

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Rychel/Wennberg/Dano, based on your assesment at this point, do you feel there is an NHL top 6 forward in that group?

There is at least 1. There could be 3, but I think Dano will be a very good 3rd liner. I see Wennberg as a 2nd line C with Johansen as our 1st line C and Jenner becoming our 3rd line C. Rychel could be a 1st/2nd liner or he could not. I am not sure how much of a fit he would have as a 3rd/4th liner.

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Starting to dislike Dano. He's scoring plenty but he's taking terrible penalties and not getting his teammates involved.

Then, he criticized his teammate in the press.

http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/160393/prehnal-to-marko-dano-tvrdo-kritizoval-mladeho-spoluhraca/

"Cernak is a great talent Slovak hockey. Plays well, but makes stupid mistakes. Silly. Must to work on his hockey thinking," according www.sme.sk criticized his young teammate "experienced" Marko tax.

Conversely Martin Rewa, so far in the tournament clearly our best player, was held Černák. "Twice be silly fouls, but I did the same thing last year. It's his first junior championship and you have to be careful," said Erika address Černák for www.sme.sk Rewa, adding even laudatory words: "My a lot of confidence, it is a good boy and works hard. "

I know calling people out for every little mistake may please some people on here but I'm not a fan. Dano's gotta grow up.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Starting to dislike Dano. He's scoring plenty but he's taking terrible penalties and not getting his teammates involved.

http://sport.aktuality.sk/c/160393/prehnal-to-marko-dano-tvrdo-kritizoval-mladeho-spoluhraca/

I know calling people out for every little mistake may please some people on here but I'm not a fan. Dano's gotta grow up.

I don't agree with him going public with it but if he told his teammate that face to face I have no issues with it.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

He has 1 minor penalty... May not like him as a person but his game has matured a lot. he's been used in all the defensive situations and I'm actually pretty surprised at how good his faceoffs are

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.

Yes, I feel like Alex Wennberg is a good bet to be a top-6 forward. For Kerby Rychel, I think the potential is absolutely there, but he's more of a project ... so, potentially two. For Marko Dano, I see a guy that can play in just about any role we offer him, but based on what I've seen since we drafted him, I see a third line guy that can chip in offensively if need be (kind of like Matt Calvert or Mark Letestu). All in all, I think we'll do just fine ... all three of those guys should see time in the NHL, with Wennberg being the most rapidly improving and likely being the first one to do so.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

What did he say that is bad? He said the kid is talented, but made some mistakes. This, IMO, shows you just don't like Dano and are looking for something to complain about.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Rychel looks fine to me when he plays. The problem is he almost never plays. Tough to get much going when you barely play.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Rychel looks fine to me when he plays. The problem is he almost never plays. Tough to get much going when you barely play.

He doesnt get minutes because he was with Drouin and Mantha probably to do the dirty work and he did nothing with the oppurtunity. He just got pushed furthur down the lineup until he got 1 shift in a period on the 4th line.
As a Columbus fan it sucks but as a Canada fan Im pretty happy they did it and are better off for it

deetman

Oct 31, 2009
Philadelphia
Just in case you didn't see this GIF of Dansk... It may be my favorite hockey GIF ever.

831122271.gif

Palinka

Dec 19, 2007

I don't have an issue with it, mostly because I don't know if anything has gone on behind the scenes that we don't know about. Certainly the assessment of Cernak's play so far is accurate; he's got tremendous talent, but has been in way over his head to this point.

Is it possible that Marko Dano is simply mad and speaking without thinking? Yes. Is it possible that Cernak came in with a big head and has made multiple costly plays, prompting a public dressing down from a respected player? Also yes.

Side note while I'm thinking of it. Every year I see Team Russia come in, and it looks like they enjoy playing, and playing at a high level. And every year by the time the medal round comes around, they've gone from interesting to annoying to thoroughly dislikeable. Every single year.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
I wanna see what Dansk and Anton Forsberg would do together. Last season Forsberg and his fellow goalie for SSK did little dance routines when they won.
I wonder what's up with Swedish goalies and dancing. I think last season or a couple of years ago, when Markstrom was playing for San Antonio, he was dancing during a commercial break.

bizzz*

I wanna see what Dansk and Anton Forsberg would do together. Last season Forsberg and his fellow goalie for SSK did little dance routines when they won.

They've got a big repertoire and done it quiet a few times.

JacketsFanWest

Jun 14, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
They've got a big repertoire and done it quiet a few times.

Not to get too off-topic, but Forsberg and Idoff did this a bunch of times, including doing the macarena. If you search Forsberg och Idoff dansar on YouTube you can find a bunch of the videos.

Idoff has kept up the dance routines without Forsberg in Södertälje, but I don't think Forsberg is doing it in Modo.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
What a game for Dansk. He didn't always look good doing it, but he made a lot of huge stops. 25 of 26, to get into the gold medal game.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i think its TOTALLY fair that a Canadian official will be handing out discipline to the Swedes after this game...going into the final

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad