2014 Wild Off-Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
Proud of Yeo. That man earns a gold ****ing star for his effort during that press conference.

As for major offseason moves, I really hope we resign McCormick. He was the hidden gem of the Moulson trade, and was a great bottom 6 forward/penalty killer in the playoffs.

Needles

Jun 29, 2010
Sorry, but you don't CBO your captain who scored .83 PPG this season and also did a good job at keeping some of the Hawks best players under control.

I know he has NMC, but why not at least try to trade him? That caphit is going to handcuff this team going forward. Same goes for Backstrom.

Trade Koivu for a top4 defenseman (retain some salary)
Sign James Reimer
Sign Jussi Jokinen
Get some center depth

:dunno:

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
I know he has NMC, but why not at least try to trade him? That caphit is going to handcuff this team going forward. Same goes for Backstrom.

Sign James Reimer
Sign Jussi Jokinen
Get some center depth

I'm not against trading him, but I just don't want to actively try to get rid of him. The value has to be there. Koivu is paid just fine.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
I'd be a supporter of both going after Vrbata and possibly trading for Phaneuf.

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA

Sign James Reimer
Sign Jussi Jokinen
Get some center depth

If you thought Bryz's adventures were heart attack worthy, then Reimer will put you down and out. The guy gives you a heart attack and makes a routine save look like a ****ing adventure. Not to mention his horrible rebound control and even worse glove hand.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
I think we need better scorers. Too many of our scoring chances are just junk thrown toward the goalies legs.

Boogardsfist

May 3, 2013
New Brighton
Games changing with all these new rookies and how fast they are. I am not just talking about the Wild. Coaching and GM's need to realize who they are drafting, training, and trading.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
It's funny how the Wild have become Colorado's biggest rival over one incident.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sign Niskanen
Ban Yeo from coaching special teams
Secret deal to get Harding to retire
Sign a new goalie and force a trade for Backstrom
Compliance buy out Koivu
Sign Stastny

Like everything but Niskanen.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
RaggedFlawlessDachshund.gif

Non-mod anger obsessed Avder is back.

DYING. Hahahaha ...Avder...you'll come to grips.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

Sign James Reimer
Sign Jussi Jokinen
Get some center depth

Do you understand what having a full NMC means? It means that he's not going anywhere unless he chooses to. Currently he has no reason to want to go elsewhere, and in order to get him to feel otherwise would likely mean having to straight up insult him. Fletcher will never do that.

Hall of Faber

Nov 16, 2012
Thorndale, PA
Do you understand what having a full NMC means? It means that he's not going anywhere unless he chooses to. Currently he has no reason to want to go elsewhere, and in order to get him to feel otherwise would likely mean having to straight up insult him. Fletcher will never do that.

Unless Fletcher strong arms him with the CBO this summer. But I guess he would just make Fletcher buy him out then anyways.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
Unless Fletcher strong arms him with the CBO this summer. But I guess he would just make Fletcher buy him out then anyways.

That would count as an insult. Not to mention terrible asset management by Fletcher.

ralph0226

Jun 1, 2010
Hawks fan here. Great series, the Wild sure made things very difficult for the Hawks, and none more than your goalie! Bryzgalov is stud and I hope you guys keep him. Oh wait, maybe I don't.

Last edited:

DeuceMN

Really?
Oct 1, 2011
Chi-Town, Il
I hope we bring back Bryz for a year at around $2 mil. He was good for us and seemed to be getting better the more he acclimated.

Dude's had a rough few years and probably just needs a little stability. He's in good shape though and with a little more focus could get back to being how he was in Phoenix. Most of the games for us, he really was quite good.

If we could just score a little more, that odd softy he lets in wouldn't even really matter.

**** we need to learn to score more.

This is Yeo's project this offseason. And the special teams.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i wonder if CF could have got a trade deadline deal done for vanek instead of moulson if that would have made the difference? our big guns like pominville , koivu, moulson, suter, cooke, heater could have scored more goals. oh well maybe next year zucker will be healthy & we'll look like the fastest team. interesting offseason choices CF has to make. he will probably overspend for vanek.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I hope we bring back Bryz for a year at around $2 mil. He was good for us and seemed to be getting better the more he acclimated.

Dude's had a rough few years and probably just needs a little stability. He's in good shape though and with a little more focus could get back to being how he was in Phoenix. Most of the games for us, he really was quite good.

If we could just score a little more, that odd softy he lets in wouldn't even really matter.

Russo already touched on this in his latest article. Bryz will have to walk unless either Bäckström or Harding (or both) are somehow off the team by the time next season starts. We can't have 3 or 4 goalies taking up roster spots. Kuemper could also ask for a 1-way contract.

Harding's illness is probably serious enough to warrant permanent LTIR, if he agrees to it. If he doesn't, then he will play when he can, just like this season and the one before.

Bäckström will either need to be traded, bought out (not CBO) or kept as the backup. I don't think he has an injury that would warrant putting him on LTIR.

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Upgrade the defense.
Figure out the goaltender situation. I have no faith in Backstrom's ability to stay healthy. I think Harding is going to keep having issues with his illness.
Not 100% sure on Vanek. Depends on price and length of contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad