Suter-Goligoski
Johnson-Johnson
Carlson-Fowler
Yandle

Miller
Howard
Quick

Boom. Gold.

I know you're a Wings fan and he has been less than impressive against us lately. But Yandle is a shoe-in, not the 7th d-man. He will likely be on the top pair and would certainly be in front of the five guys you listed after Suter.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
I expect two of the younger recent graduates to get a legitimate shot at making this team. That doesn't mean they will, but they will get a serious look. Also important is with a lot of Americans on good teams this season some of these kids are probably going to get a chance to play in the WC. Kreider could get a sniff depending on how he does when he turns pro. But, Coyle will probably drop directly into the top six in Minnesota when he does turn pro. I like Orpik, but key to looking at this team is the bigger ice surface. Guys that can really skate are going to be important and I think that will hurt Orpik compared to a lot of his competition.

As pure defensive physical dmen go, Orpik is probably the best skating one in the league.

MarryMarner

Mar 31, 2008
Parise - Kesler - Kessel
Ryan - Statsny - Kane
JVR - Pavelski - Pominville
Brown - Backes - Callahan

J.Johnson - Yandle
Suter - Gardiner
E.Johnson - Carlson

Miller
Quick

Last edited:

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Parise - Kesler - Kessel
JVR - Pavelski - Pominville
Brown - Backes - Callahan

J.Johnson - Yandle
Suter - Gardiner
E.Johnson - Carlson

Miller
Quick

Stasny and Kane couldnt make the squad? only taking 3 lines? Gardiner is gunna make it?

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Stasny and Kane couldnt make the squad? only taking 3 lines? Gardiner is gunna make it?

hahahahaha, must be a massive epidemic that hit the league and only left us with 9 eligible forwards to ice!!

I also love that Jake Gardiner was thrown in on his list, I am rooting for the kid 100%, but COME ON MAN! Put Leddy over him and he doesnt have a chance in hell as it stands now.

squidz*

I expect two of the younger recent graduates to get a legitimate shot at making this team. That doesn't mean they will, but they will get a serious look. Also important is with a lot of Americans on good teams this season some of these kids are probably going to get a chance to play in the WC. Kreider could get a sniff depending on how he does when he turns pro. But, Coyle will probably drop directly into the top six in Minnesota when he does turn pro. I like Orpik, but key to looking at this team is the bigger ice surface. Guys that can really skate are going to be important and I think that will hurt Orpik compared to a lot of his competition.

That's extremely unlikely unless the Wild make some major trades. If he's kept at center:

Turns pro in 2012-2013 - Has to beat out two of Koivu, Cullen, Granlund (if kept center)
Turns pro in 2013-2014 or later - Has to beat out all but one of Koivu, Granlund (if kept center), Larsson, Phillips (if kept center)

If he's moved to wing:

Turns pro in 2012-2013 - Has to beat out all but three of Heatley, Setoguchi, Bouchard, Latendresse, Zucker, Granlund (if moved to wing), Bulmer, Phillips (if moved to wing)
Turns pro in 2013-2014 or later - Has to beat out all but three of Heatley, Setoguchi, Latendresse, Zucker, Granlund (if moved to wing), Bulmer, Phillips (if moved to wing), Haula

Seeing how Coyle's rumored to turn pro in 2012-2013, he'll almost certainly spend his first season in the AHL. It seems extremely unlikely he'll have any meaningful NHL experience ahead of selections for the 2014 team.

hockeywoot

Oct 29, 2010
China
3 years from now...

Ryan-Kane-Kessel
Parise-Kesler-JVR
Backes-Pavelski-Stepan
Brown-Stastny-Dubinsky
Byfuglien

Suter-Yandle
Johnson-Carlson
Johnson-Fowler
Blum

Schneider
Miller
Quick

Pretty darn solid team.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I'm a flyers fan and I think the only negative thing about JVR going into the future is his shot.

What part of his shot exactly? He's got a good wrister, and won the team's hardest shot last year with a 101.5mph or something in that ballpark.

Parise - Kesler - Kane
Kessel - Stasny - Ryan
Jvr - Pavelski - Callahan
Brown - Oshie - Pacioretty

HM/backups: Stafford, Backes, Dubinsky, Galchenyuk? :)dunno: )

Suter - Yandle
E. Johnson - Goligoski
Bogosian - Carlson

HM/backups: Fowler, Orpik, Shattenkirk, J. Johnson

Miller
Howard
Schneider

HM/backups: Quick, Thomas (if he's still active), Montoya

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Stafford over Pominville bothers Sabres fans abound. Pominville will be there. Peep the list of American scores this year and since the lockout.

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
Stafford over Pominville bothers Sabres fans abound. Pominville will be there. Peep the list of American scores this year and since the lockout.

Seriously. Very good defensively, pops in 60-80 points a season, great PK'er, and leadership...he has to be at the very least in the mix. I think he could do great as a checking line RW.

HockeySauce

Jan 26, 2011
I'll take a shot.

Zach Parise - Ryan Kesler - Patrick Kane
Bobby Ryan - Paul Stastny - Phil Kessel
Dustin Brown - David Backes - Joe Pavelski
James Van-Riemsdyk - TJ Oshie - Ryan Callahan

*Derek Stepan

Ryan Suter - Brooks Orpik
Erik Johnson - Alex Goligoski
Keith Yandle - Jack Johnson

*John Carlson

Ryan Miller
Jonathan Quick

*Cory Schneider

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
What part of his shot exactly? He's got a good wrister, and won the team's hardest shot last year with a 101.5mph or something in that ballpark.

Parise - Kesler - Kane
Kessel - Stasny - Ryan

Suter - Yandle
E. Johnson - Goligoski
Bogosian - Carlson

Miller
Howard
Schneider

Re: Galchenyuk - I'm thinking we've already seen everyone that's going to be on that team in the NHL (with the exception being I guess Kreider, cuz they obviously like him).

I didn't put him on my team though.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Parise - Kesler - Kane
Kessel - Stasny - Ryan

Suter - Yandle
E. Johnson - Goligoski
Bogosian - Carlson

Miller
Howard
Schneider

Fowler over Bogo and Goligoski easily

KareyPrice

Jun 7, 2010
Why isnt Pacioretty getting some love?? the oylmpics are 3 years away and the guy has taken major steps in becoming one of the best goal scorers on the Habs, in 3 years he will probably have 1 or 2 30 goal seasons under his belt I think he has a legit shot at cracking the third or fourth line just because he has speed and can grind away.

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
Can't. He's played for Austria in IIHF play (including the world championships), so he's locked in.

I thought he was allowed to switch because of the 4 year rule. :dunno:

Why isnt Pacioretty getting some love?? the oylmpics are 3 years away and the guy has taken major steps in becoming one of the best goal scorers on the Habs, in 3 years he will probably have 1 or 2 30 goal seasons under his belt I think he has a legit shot at cracking the third or fourth line just because he has speed and can grind away.

Re-read the thread. He was talked about earlier.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
I'll take a shot.

Dustin Brown - David Backes - Joe Pavelski

*Derek Stepan

Erik Johnson - Alex Goligoski
Keith Yandle - Jack Johnson

*John Carlson

Ryan Miller
Jonathan Quick

*Cory Schneider

This is the best team I've seen yet posted, but to be fair I didn't read the entire thread. Just the first and last page. I would swap Goligoski and Carslon though.

Couple things, goalies could change drastically, if the team were picked this season Miller wouldn't/shouldn't make it. I'm hopefully he can rebound because he was a big part of why we did as good as we did in Vancouver obviously. But it could be any of Howard, Miller, Thomas, Quick, and Campbell as a dark horse.

I can't even remember Kessel playing in 2010, I'd be hesitant to bring him back because let's face it, if he's not scoring then what the hell good is he? I'd rather have a spot for a bubble guy like Oshie or Malone where at least they can bring other intangibles to the team, and aren't exactly offensively inept themselves. I don't like Kane's style of play either but at least he did some damage in the last tournament.

I do like the amount of grit the team should have though. I am looking forward to another Pre-Olympic Backes headhunting fest of the Canadians, that was awesome.

Is Buffy American? He would be a good asset as a forward, definitely not as a Dman though.

Dustin Brown - Joe Pavelski - David Backes
HM: Derek Stepan, Ryan Malone

Erik Johnson - Jack Johnson
Keith Yandle - John Carlson

HM: Alex Goligoski (could be Rafalski's replacement), Paul Martin, Tyler Myers? Think he's a dual citizen, not sure how that works.

Ryan Miller
Jonathan Quick
Cory Schneider

HM Campbell, Thomas if he's still around

Some of these names being mentioned are laughable, Dubinsky, Montoya? I would hope for our sakes we don't have to resort to that.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
I'm kind of surprised...as "bad" as EJ has been he still is in the top 2 pairings for team USA. Guess they don't have a ton of depth on D, but still.

Hopefully he continues to improve and really solidifies their defense for them.

Also, what about Shattenkirk? Who knows how good he'll be in a couple seasons. Most blues fans think he's better than EJ is NOW, let alone in 2 years.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
I'm kind of surprised...as "bad" as EJ has been he still is in the top 2 pairings for team USA. Guess they don't have a ton of depth on D, but still.

Hopefully he continues to improve and really solidifies their defense for them.

Also, what about Shattenkirk? Who knows how good he'll be in a couple seasons. Most blues fans think he's better than EJ is NOW, let alone in 2 years.

Johnson has been a stalwart of U.S. international teams for years and was tremendous at the 2010 Olympics. Yeah, he's up and down for the Avs, but IMO his future is very bright. He'll be there in 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad