2014 Trade Deadline Thread (All General Deadline Talk/Proposals/Blog Rumors in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Patrick Kane too.... all this CBJ hate for Patty Kane is ridiculous small town NHL town crap... I would take both Kane’s in a heartbeat..

Huh? Nobody is hating on Patrick Kane, or even Evander Kane's game. It's all about the attitude.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Are you serious, attitude?? I'm no hockey expert and even less a psychologist, where on NHL.com are the stats on attitude?

Dumb

Jeff Carter had pretty good stats here, and you know his attitude when he was here. do you still wish he was here?

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Count me out for Kane. Just got a weird feeling about him, and that he wouldn't fit in with the team or the city. Great player though

I feel the same way. I just gave interest in him at all, particularly for cam. Other than being a bigger guy I don't see what he brings that we don't have or how he fits in. Square peg, IMO.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Patrick Kane too.... all this CBJ hate for Patty Kane is ridiculous small town NHL town crap... I would take both Kane’s in a heartbeat..

What about Big Daddy Kane? Citizen Kane? Candye Kane? Kane?

Seems a team with two Kanes would just use them as a crutch and end up limping to the end of the season.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Just watched the Jarmo interview with Rimer

The fact that he mentions (by name) Johansen, Murray, Jenner, Atkinson, Savard, and JJ, and calls them all 'part of the core' and 'the identity we want to have.' I would think that would mean all won't be going anywhere unless a gross overpay.

OMG! OMG! We're trading Bob, Dubi and Umbie (well, I'm ok with the last one) :laugh:

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit
Yeah, what a cute guy

Alex Ovechkin has a tramp stamp, which are typically associated with "loose sexual morals." Suppose you don't want him on the Jackets either?

ovechkin-tattoo.jpg

IHeartZherdev*

I feel the same way. I just gave interest in him at all, particularly for cam. Other than being a bigger guy I don't see what he brings that we don't have or how he fits in. Square peg, IMO.

He fits in the same as any first line, 30 goal scoring winger....at 22 would be the perfect conpliment to Joey on the top line. "square peg?" In what way? At least bizz is open about his blatant ignorance.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
He fits in the same as any first line, 30 goal scoring winger....at 22 would be the perfect conpliment to Joey on the top line. "square peg?" In what way? At least bizz is open about his blatant ignorance.

Our team is based around speed (Kane has it), forecheck (ehhh), and using the body (nope), while being very defensively aware (Idk don't watch enough of him). Can we make room for him? Yes, everyone would for a great player like him. But does his play style fit the teams? Idk, and yes it's important.

IHeartZherdev*

Commodore earned his money (or won a bet as he explained it), Kane just stole them. Rinne and Pavelski at least were trying, Kane was only collecting paychecks. In the KHL he was paid as much as he was making in the NHL, but he was acting like he doesn't give a damn about his team and the city that paid the money. Dinamo Minsk is financed by government. So he just stole the money from tax-payers, made a picture in LV with those money and send it to some gungsta rapper.
Why do you think he would give a damn about Columbus? That's just another city where he can pinch some dough.
That "he's young, he's gonna grow up" excuse is just lame. He's a professional athlete who gets paid millions. Grow up at first, then come to the league. Not the other way around.

BTW Rick Nash hooked the referee playing for Canada at the world championship. And I don't see why is it even comparable.

He has 29 points in 42 games this year and that was with limited ice and opportunity due to having a joke of a coach the first half the season. Had 33 points points in 48 games last season. Year before that he had 57 points (30 goals) in 74 games. That was as a teenage as he's only 22 currently.

Save the garbage. He was the fourth overall pick is an elite talent.

I like Cam as much as anyone, but come on. The talent, speed, skill, difference between these guys isn't even close. Plus, if any one you listen to the Dispatch podcast would know he is not exactly a high character guy. They discussed multiple times how he doesn't try hard when rehabbing from injury, thought he already arrived as a star in the league without accomplishing anything, and has a "rock star" attitude.

IHeartZherdev*

Our team is based around speed (Kane has it), forecheck (ehhh), and using the body (nope), while being very defensively aware (Idk don't watch enough of him). Can we make room for him? Yes, everyone would for a great player like him. But does his play style fit the teams? Idk, and yes it's important.

So you say don't watch enough of him to judge him right after you judge his using the body and forechecking ability. Nice.

What a joke. We're talking about the guy who KO'ed Matt Cooke in a fight, and you're insinuating he isn't physical?

If you want to link to some sort of evidence that shows he could be an issue in Columbus I'd be happy to read it.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
So you say don't watch enough of him to judge him right after you judge his using the body and forechecking ability. Nice.

What a joke. We're talking about the guy who KO'ed Matt Cooke in a fight, and you're insinuating he isn't physical?

If you want to link to some sort of evidence that shows he could be an issue in Columbus I'd be happy to read it.

I have said I haven't watched him enough to make a judgement on his defensive ability (takes a while), but its fairly simple to see the other things I mentioned. In no way is it a joke.

Derick Brassard got in two fights, won one, and Jake Voracek has also gotten into a few tussles. Are they physical players? That was a poor argument.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
He has 29 points in 42 games this year and that was with limited ice and opportunity due to having a joke of a coach the first half the season.

What the hell are you talking about? I'm not a fan of the Zen Master, but if averaging 20 minutes of ice time is "limited" I'm not sure what game you are watching.

He's been playing better since the beginning of December. Production and good play, with a player of his skill, are two totally different things. To push his woes onto a coach that he produced for in the past is ridiculous.

In addition his performance last season was no where near top line level. It was barely top six, based on the ice time he received.

Pretty good player, but he's not even in the same conversation as even a Rick Nash at this point. No idea why there is such a man crush on this guy from people. He's got some work to do before you can even consider him a legitimate 30 goal threat.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
He fits in the same as any first line, 30 goal scoring winger....at 22 would be the perfect conpliment to Joey on the top line. "square peg?" In what way?

Let's not overstate his accomplishments. He scored 30 goals once.

Season Team Lge GP G A Pts PIM GP G A Pts PIM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2009-10 Atlanta Thrashers NHL 66 14 12 26 62 -- -- -- -- --
2010-11 Atlanta Thrashers NHL 73 19 24 43 68 -- -- -- -- --
2011-12 Winnipeg Jets NHL 74 30 27 57 53 -- -- -- -- --
2012-13 Winnipeg Jets NHL 48 17 16 33 80 -- -- -- -- --
2013-14 Winnipeg Jets* NHL 42 15 14 29 50
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NHL Totals 303 95 93 188 313

The guy doesn't play a 2 way game. This idea that he's some kind of offensive dynamo is more of an idea than reality. For the most part, he's played in a wide open offensive system (or maybe just a really poor defensive one) and still has a career .62 PPG pace. Pretty good, of course, but even RJ Umberger has a .55 PPG average.

I understand he has a high ceiling, but I'm just not crazy about throwing guys like Cam, Anisimov and or Rychel or picks out there for him - he just doesn't have the value IMO.

IHeartZherdev*

I have said I haven't watched him enough to make a judgement on his defensive ability (takes a while), but its fairly simple to see the other things I mentioned. In no way is it a joke.

Derick Brassard got in two fights, won one, and Jake Voracek has also gotten into a few tussles. Are they physical players? That was a poor argument.

Your argument that he doesn't use his body is not valid. He hits all the time.

http://youtu.be/52B5S_hKATw

Voracek and Brassard can't actually fight, let alone KO anyone they mostly just find some soft European player to hug. Kane is as tough as it gets when it comes to skill guys.

bizzz*

Alex Ovechkin has a tramp stamp, which are typically associated with "loose sexual morals." Suppose you don't want him on the Jackets either?

ovechkin-tattoo.jpg
It's nice of you to single out only one of my points and make it look like the only reason I don't want Kane on the team.
Also Ovi is Russian, that tatoo means nothing for Russians. And I don't care about tatoo, I actually never cared if Umberger has a Flyers tatoo. As another person said if you're older than 9 and still getting things shaved into your head, chances are you've lost all hope of realizing how stupid it is.

I don't know what was ignorant about my claims that Kane sucked in the KHL, stole the money, made a picture in LV and then a haircut with YMCMB and EK9 letters. And then he called himself a "gucci man". That guy is messed... And I didn't even touch his hockey woes.

I'm done with Evander Kane. Cause people over here don't even realize how much Evander Kane as a hockey player gonna cost. That would be somewhere around Jenner, Atkinson + something really significant as well. It's not like you gonna get that thug for free.
Is there anything actually thuggish about Evander Kane? Or is this just another BS character attack?

Why do you ask ignorant questions and then add offensive part to it? When I didn't want to trade Tyutin you assumed that I probably want Russians/Belarussians on the team as many as possible. You was ignorant in that regard cause you probably didn't see my response to some Toronto fan who offered my countryman Grabovski for Joey a year or so ago. Now you ask something and also make an unrelated claim that I made some BS character attacks. What are you talking about? What's up with your attitude? That's not a good way to establish positive conversation when you choose such offensive forms to ask someone a question.

Last edited by a moderator:

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Your argument that he doesn't use his body is not valid. He hits all the time.

http://youtu.be/52B5S_hKATw

Voracek and Brassard can't actually fight, let alone KO anyone they mostly just find some soft European player to hug. Kane is as tough as it gets when it comes to skill guys.

Wow, it's like Scott Stevens and Mario Lemieux had a love child. What an impressive hit on that hulk Marchand! I take it all back, you've convinced me. Bob+Dubi+Cam+4 firsts. We must have this guy at all costs.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Wow, it's like Scott Stevens and Mario Lemieux had a love child. What an impressive hit on that hulk Marchand! I take it all back, you've convinced me. Bob+Dubi+Cam+4 firsts. We must have this guy at all costs.

Yeah, I'm not sure why there is so much love for this guy. Maybe it's time for a IHeartKane name change.

IHeartZherdev*

CBJBrassard said he doesn't forecheck or use the body. Those are two major parts of Kane's game, and you can find a ton of examples of each on youtube (since its obvious the people commenting on him haven't watched him). Was just pointing that out.

Not sure what the point of your post is, I certainly never suggesting trading our entire roster for him.

IHeartZherdev*

I don't know what was ignorant about my claims that Kane sucked in the KHL, stole the money, made a picture in LV and then a haircut with YMCMB and EK9 letters. And then he called himself a "gucci man". That guy is messed...

No it's not "messed" it was a 21 year old kid going out and having a good time (in the OFFSEASON).

You don't think players on the Blue Jackets go out, get drunk, go to Vegas, etc? Wiz has tons of dumb tattoos. It's not a big deal and nothing to judge them on. I have friends who see CBJ players at bars all the time during the season, and plenty of the guys on the team have tattoos or have mohawks or whatever during the season. Does that make them thugs?

Guys go through growing pains but they shouldn't be overblown; you want talented guys on your roster, regardless of whether they are fans of Young Money Cash Money Billionaires or Jason Isbell.

As to your claim that Kane sucked in the KHL when he was 20...that's fine. I believe you and I'm sure that was frustrating to watch. But I don't care about that anymore than I care about Johansen pulling a diva act in the AHL playoffs last year.

You keep calling him a "thug" - obviously there is a language barrier here, but that implies that he is a criminal/bad person. Which there is no evidence of, and you certainly haven't provided any other than a picture of his haircut.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
CBJBrassard said he doesn't forecheck or use the body. Those are two major parts of Kane's game, and you can find a ton of examples of each on youtube (since its obvious the people commenting on him haven't watched him). Was just pointing that out.

I've seen him plenty, and he can be dynamic, but so can Cam. The suggestion of moving one for the other seems lateral to me with a hint of more upside with Kane, if he's even capable of playing in a way that fits on this team. I'm not convinced he can play that style. I just don't see this organization taking a chance on him when they may as well take chances with the guys they have, or get someone a little more realized and stable. The prices being discussed for him here are, IMO, absurd. I understand WPG wanting a lot for him, but they also can't seem to wait to be rid of him. Dynamic talent or potential aside, that's a huge red flag to me. I'd rather go after someone more sensible if I am to part with potential young stars (which I'm convinced the CBJ have little interest in doing at this time unless it's a 'sure thing')

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad