Speculation: 2014 Trade Deadline Discussion | Part XI | Please, Kesler Don't Hurt Em!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
I only really want Shero to trade for Kesler, even with the asking price, if he's happy playing RW with Sid.

But, I have a sneaking suspicion that Shero/Bylsma really want to go back to the 3C model. Shero tried his damnedest to keep Staal, even at a ridiculous rate, before ultimately trading him. This year has been a bit of a throw away year with the cap going down a bunch, and Shero not being able to shift assets and build the way he wants to. I'm not a fan of the 3C model, I think it spreads talent too thin, but with the cap going up Shero can feasibly make it work again. It's going to take a lot of moves, and a complete retooling of our 3rd line, but it's possible. And, to be frank, if we're hell-bent on going back to the 3C model, Kesler is about as perfect a guy you could possibly hope for as your 3C behind Sid and Geno. I don't know, obviously just speculating, but it makes sense. Ever since Staal left, the team's changed noticeably, and for the worse. It's not directly because we lost Staal, but because we lost the only approach Shero and Bylsma seem to be comfortable with, and that's the 3C.

I don't think we get Kesler, honestly. I want him on this team, as I think we need him desperately, but I don't see it happening as time drags on. Ideally, he'd be a phenomenal fit with Sid, but only if he wants to play there. If the grand scheme is to play him as a 3C and shift the focus back to becoming a deeper lineup throughout the top 9, he's the perfect guy to do that, too.

Only about 30 hours to go, boys. Get ready to be supremely disappointed by us acquiring Zidlicky and MacDonald, and losing Despres for peanuts. :laugh:

They could still prob get Luca Sbisa for him :)

ds246pit

Dec 21, 2006
I think ds246pit was making his lineup for the rest of this season.

Obviously Duper would replace Gibbons and he would go to the 3rd/4th line.

When Bennett is back, throw him with Geno for developmental reasons, and the Juice can be set loose :yo: on the 3rd line with (hopefully) Kesler.

I get excited just thinking about that possibility.

Exactly. Short of going out and giving up minor assets to get Hemsky for this season Gibbons is likely who would be slotted there if Shero addresses the third line center position. I fully expect next year it will be Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis yet again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad