Status
Not open for further replies.

Bondrai

Nov 26, 2013
I think Per will try around in the beginning and look for a good fit

Daniel-Henrik-Loui/Steen
Zetterberg-Bäckström-Hörnqvist
Landeskog-Kruger-Loui/Steen

Both Loui and Steen can be used all over the ice in all positions. I think it is a gameday decision which one that will be in the first line. The 3rd line is a lockdown/forecheck line.

The 4th line and the extras should only be a compliment in a short tournament like this. I think Franzen is overrated,but he will probebly be in the mix,and Alfredsson for old time sake. Hagelin or Stålberg is a given for the wheels they can put on.
So why not:

Hagelin-Franzen-Alfredsson as a 4th line

Im a little bit sad Söderberg isnt in the mix,he is playing really good atm and could replace Franzen. Franzen can be over the top slow sometimes....

Defense.

Karlsson-Kronwall
OEL-Brodin/Edler
Chicago lockdown

I want Brodin to start and stay if he do well,Edler can replace him when he is avalible if Brodin didnt played his A-game.
The last one should be...S.Kronwall. He knows whats up and i think he will play even better when his brother is in the team. And he is around the corner already playing in Russia. I dont know,but i think he is a winner. Players like Hedman and Gunnarsson dont feel like winners to me. Sure they are good in regular season,but no or really bad experince in a playoff situation(just look at last year at Toronto in the playoff).

Pentothal

Listen with one ear
Dec 30, 2008
It's not even close
I agree, at least with the last part.

My pick atm:

Hjalmarsson - Karlsson (Hjalmarsson is very reliable and a perfect match for EK)

OEL - Brodin (Sick skating, 2-way D, positioning and puck possession)

N. Kronwall - Ericsson (Good 2-way mix and they already have chemistry)

...and then two of these guys:

Hedman - Good size and good skater, which is both positives.
A. Larsson - If he shows good form when the roster is due, I might pick him. Righthanded D is a big need for the team.
Oduya - Good skater and good chemistry with Hjalmarsson.
Strålman - Righthanded.
Grossmann - Big and solid defensive D. Would be a nice option for PK.
Gunnarsson - Simply a very reliable D.

Enstrom is already out.
Edler is suspended for two games. And he hasn't been very good this year and is left-handed. And he is quite slow, which makes him a bad fit on Olympic ice. Thus I wouldn't pick him.

At the moment Hedman and Strålman would be my favorites, because they fill the needs the most. Oduya and Grossmann not far behind. The top 6 D would play almost every minute anyway though...

Agreed. Would like to see this. Still have my fears that MÃ¥rts will push some extra "veteran presence" onto the team at the expense of better, younger players. Karlsson, OEL, Brodin has to be on the team and play big minutes, which I'm sure everyone agrees with, probably MÃ¥rts too, but I've become scared (scarred) because of previous NT selection screw ups throughout the years.

Speaking of Enström, will he retire the best Swedish player ever who's been a complete non-factor on Tre Kronor? He basically retires from the NT and no one seems to care. That wouldn't have been the case if it happened a couple of years ago when we didn't look as solid on defense.

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
Do you guys think we need to add some weight on the D side, i know the games a played on a big rink but I'm a bit scared we are to light on D.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Do you guys think we need to add some weight on the D side, i know the games a played on a big rink but I'm a bit scared we are to light on D.

Big E - Kronwall and Hjalmarsson - Hedman takes care of that. Maybe Edler can be used as a more defensive D-man as well. Staffan Kronwall or Grossmann is in the picture as 8th defender as well. Edler has not convinced this season. Russian speed must be neutralized as well as heavy canadians.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
Who will get the C? In my opinion, Alfredsson gets the C. And the A's goes to Zetterberg and H.Sedin.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
Wennerholm's team: (me projecting W:s lines)

Sedin Sedin Eriksson
Franzén Zetterberg Alfredsson
Johansson Bäckström Hörnqvist
Steen Berglund Landeskog
Silfverberg Hjalmarsson

Bubbling: Krüger, Hagelin

Ekman-Larsson Karlsson
Brodin Hedman
Ericsson Kronwall
Oduya Hjalmarsson

Bubbling: Gunnarsson, Gustafsson

Lundqvist
Fasth
Lehner

Bubbling: Enroth

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
After 100.000 votes in Aftonbladet:

Henrik Zetterberg, Detroit 7.16% (max = 100/14=7.17)
Daniel Sedin, Vancouver 7.16%
Henrik Sedin, Vancouver 7.14%
Nicklas Bäckström, Washington 7.01%
Loui Eriksson, Boston 6.94%
Gabriel Landeskog, Colorado 6.77%
Alexander Steen, St Louis 6.68%
Daniel Alfredsson, Detroit 6.23%
Johan Franzén, Detroit 6.22%
Patrik Berglund, St Louis 5.17%
Jakob Silfverberg, Anaheim 4.93%
Carl Hagelin, NY Rangers 4.52%
Patric Hörnqvist, Nashville 4.42%
Marcus Johansson, Washington 3.72%
Marcus Krüger, Chicago 3.57%
Viktor Stålberg, Nashville 2.25%
Joel Lundqvist, Frölunda 1.37%
Mikael Backlund, Calgary 1.12%
Mika Zibanejad, Ottawa 1%
Jimmie Ericsson, Skellefteå 0.88%
Fredrik Pettersson, Donbass Donetsk 0.82%
Magnus Pääjärvi, St Louis 0.79%
Filip Forsverg, Nashville 0.75%
Simon Hjalmarsson, Linköping 0.6%
Gustav Nyquist, Detroit 0.59%
Niklas Persson, Rapperswill 0.54%
Oscar Lindberg, NY Rangers 0.39%
Joakim Andersson, Detroit 0.37%
Martin Thörnberg, Lev Prag 0.32%
Jesper Fasth, NY Rangers 0.29%
Jacob Josefson, New Jersey 0.16%

Erik Karlsson, Ottawa 11.91% (max = 100/8=12.25)
Niklas Kronwall, Detroit 11.89%
Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Phoenix 10.58%
Niklas Hjalmarsson, Chicago 9.26%
Alexander Edler, Vancouver 8.88%
Johnny Oduya, Chicago 7.34%
Jonathan Ericsson, Detroit 6.53%
Victor Hedman, Tampa Bay 6.34%
Jonas Brodin, Minnesota 5.03%
Tobias Enström, Winnipeg 4.7% (bäää)
Douglas Murray, Montreal 4.28%
Staffan Kronwall, Lokomotiv Jaroslavl 2.23%
Henrik Tallinder, Buffalo 2%
Anton Strålman, NY Rangers 1.92%
Erik Gustafsson, Philadelphia 1.6%
Adam Larsson, New Jersey 1.37%
NIcklas Grossman, Philadelphia 1.29%
Carl Gunnarsson, Toronto 0.98%
David Rundblad, Phoenix 0.68%
Mattias Ekholm, Nashville 0.44%
Tim Erixon, Columbus 0.42%
Petter Granberg, Toronto 0.3%

Henrik Lundqvist, NY Rangers 32.89% (max=100/3=33.33)
Jhonas Enroth, Buffalo 20.64%
Viktor Fasth, Anaheim 16.94%
Robin Lehner, Ottawa 10.07%
Jonas Gustavsson, Detroit 9.88%
Jacob Markström, Florida 5.49%
Johan Gustafsson, Minnesota 1.58%
Anders Lindbäck, Tampa Bay 1.48%
Niklas Svedberg, Boston 0.61%
Cristopher Nihlstorp, Dallas 0.42%

Last edited:

hagg18

Dec 8, 2007
My Olympic roster:

Lundqvist
Lehner
Enroth

1:st line
Sedin-Sedin-Steen
OEL-Karlsson

No comments needed

2:nd
Franzén-Zetterberg-Alfredsson
Ericsson-Kronwall
All five from Detroit. The only question is Alfie. He's just back from a injury. There might be a small risk that he wants to stay home and take care of his body to be able to play his best hockey in his last (?) NHL season.

3:d

Hornqvist-Backstrom-Eriksson
Brodin-Stralman

A lot of you wonder why Stralman. Except that he's a great skater and great puckhandeling, he's righthanded. There might be other d-men that could be better (Hedman, Edler, ect) but there's no other righthanded that's better. Since Hornqvist and Silferberg is injured at the moment and with a question if Alfie will join the team, there's just Karlsson as the only righthanded in the team. Unsure about Hornqvist's injury but I hope he'll be fine to the Olympics.

4:th
Stahlberg-Krüger-Landeskog
Oduya-Hjalmarsson
4 of 5 from Chicago. Oduya och Hjalmarsson is a solid pair on the blue line and the forwards provides energy and works as a checkingline.

Extra forwards
Hagelin- Marcus Johansson

Hagelin's speed can be weel used on big rink and Johansson is a forward that can be used in many ways.

Just outside:
Markstrom
Edler
Hedman
Silferberg
Berglund
Josefsson

TommySalo

Dec 27, 2009
1. Sedin-Sedin-L.Eriksson
OEL-Edler

2. Franzen-Zeterberg-Alfie
N. Kronwall-J.Ericsson

3. Steen-Backstrom-Landeskog
Tallinder-Karlsson

4. Hagelin-Berglund-Zibanejad
Hjalmarsson-Oduya
GK-Lundqvist,Enroth/was great at the WCH/,Lehner/adding more experience and better developement than Markstrom at the moment/
First line looks really strong+theres is a lot of chemistry between the twins,Louie and Edler.OEl is Sweden's best defender.
Second line is Detroit's swedish army.Balanced+a lot of character and winning mentality.
Third line is full of greta players nad it will be third only on paper.Steen can be the goalscorere of the touranmenr with Backstrom next to him and EK behind him.And I athink that Tallinder deserves his place in the team,he is a big body and was great at the WCH in Sweden.Henrik will compliment EK perfectly.Landeskog will add grit and determination and hopefully more points.
Fourth line is the weakest of all,but I really hope that Berglund will raise his game,Hagelin and Zib are young,but are great skaters.With the Chicago's defence this line will keep opposite teams at bay.
Close calls-Hedman/last night was superb,but inconsistent and prone to silly mistakes at important moments/,Brodin/great future,but inexperienced/,Gunarsson,M. Johansson/very good,but I prefer Zinanejad;)/,Silvferberg/bad injury at bad time/,Hornqvist,Stalberg,Kruger.
P.S. I think there will be real bashing at me for putting EK in 3-rd line,but this could be a very smart move if Marts dares:D

Tomas W

Oct 23, 2007
Sweden
Hedman seem to have a helluva year so far. It's getting real tough to say how the D will look like, so many good alternatives, which is great of course!

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
If I were Mårts I would be so tempted to put Steen and Landeskog on Bäckström's wings atleast to start the tournament.

jgoud*

Pretty underrated team i'd say. At both F and D they have so many dynamic players which is awesome.

jfc64

Jul 2, 2006
I wonder if Hedman could play center? And Erik Karlsson wing. In that case we could put together a ultra solid team. And use both heavily in PP and box play.

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson
Zetterberg - Bäckström - Alfredsson
Steen - Berglund - Karlsson
Franzén - Hedman - Landeskog
Krüger - Ericsson

Ekman-Larsson - Gunnarsson
Ericsson - Kronwall
Oduya - Hjalmarsson
Edler - Tallinder

LEL

Last edited:

B Boarding

Feb 26, 2005
Stockholm, Sweden
I posted my preferred defense a few days ago. Here are my current forward lines:

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - L. Eriksson

Why fix what’s not broken? They had great chemistry in the last WCH. Eriksson is the best player ever to play on the Sedin line, which should make them harder to shut down.

Steen - Bäckström - Silfverberg

The most untested line but it looks good on paper. Bäckström is the playmaker that’s supposed to set up the two scoring wingers. Quite good 2-way ability as well. Silfverberg could be switched with Landeskog, but with a playmaker like Bäckström, it’s a clear advantage to have a right-handed shooter.

Franzen - Zetterberg - Alfredsson

Franzen and Z have great chemistry and Alfie should be a good right-handed fit whom also should have some chemistry with Z and F. Great 2-way line that could be used for shutting down the other teams top line. Alfie will be important on the 2nd PP unit as a RD, as we only have one right-handed PP defender in Karlsson.

Hagelin - Berglund - Landeskog

Speed - Size - Grit and very hard to play against. This line shouldn’t be relied upon to score a lot, although they have offensive upside. They are supposed to play good defense against the top lines and make their lives miserable. Berglund have had a bad season so far. But he is a big body, which is a need on this team. Speed is also lacking amongst forwards and Hagelin is important because of that. He is great on the forecheck, as is Landeskog.

Extra: Krüger

Alternative lines

Sedin - Sedin - Eriksson

Zetterberg - Bäckström - Steen

Franzen - Berglund - Alfredsson

Hagelin - Kruger - Landeskog

Extra: Silfverberg

Not sure about having Steen as a RW. But the top 6 might look a little better on paper this way. The 3rd line looks a lot worse though.

My biggest worries are the bad form of Berglund. And that Franzen keeps his good form, because he is quite useless when he’s got his down periods. And that Silfverberg comes back to full form quite soon and plays at an above 0.5 PPG level. Would be quite nice if Steen keeps up his crazy goal scoring pace as well...

PP1

Sedin-Sedin-Eriksson

OEL - Karlsson

PP2

Zetterberg - Bäckström - Landeskog

Kronwall - Alfredsson

PK1

Hagelin/Landeskog - Zetterberg

OEL - Hjalmarsson

PK2

Steen - Krüger

Hedman - Ericsson

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
I think my biggest worry at this point is the thing I expected to be the most confident about: the goalie.

Hank hasn't been good all year, and shows no real signs of getting better. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad