Prospect Info: 2014 Sharks prospect camp

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
:shakehead Hope DW schmoozes him good, kid has a lot of potential, would much rather he end up here than with the Ducks.

Actually DW can't schmooze him, pretty sure it would be an NCAA violation. He would have a better chance here than in Anaheim but he's also from San Clemente.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Actually DW can't schmooze him, pretty sure it would be an NCAA violation. He would have a better chance here than in Anaheim but he's also from San Clemente.

Too bad, should have figured. Hopefully he likes it here then, he's an interesting prospect.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Too bad, should have figured. Hopefully he likes it here then, he's an interesting prospect.

Anaheim has a lot of D prospects as does San Jose but I think he would have a better shot cracking the Sharks defensive rotation in two years.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
:shakehead Hope DW schmoozes him good, kid has a lot of potential, would much rather he end up here than with the Ducks.

If he continues to improve he's going to have a lot of suitors, it's great that he's attending camp but I'm not so sure it's going to mean much in 2 or so years when he decides to turn pro.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
If he continues to improve he's going to have a lot of suitors, it's great that he's attending camp but I'm not so sure it's going to mean much in 2 or so years when he decides to turn pro.

If he's so highly touted, why not just acquire a 7th round pick and draft him? I've noticed that the Kings have started getting very very late 7th picks to draft once-highly touted projects like Nick Ebert, Spencer Watson, Jake Middleton. It makes a lot of sense. No risk, potentially high reward.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Yeah, they can talk but obviously no gifting.

The rule of thumb is prospects playing NCAA hockey can't take anything that could be interpreted as a payment for being at the camp. For example, they couldn't take the jersey home they used but if they were given a team cap or t-shirt to wear for a photo shoot they could keep that. They can't take sticks paid for by the team, but grabbing a few rolls of tape is allowed.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
If he's so highly touted, why not just acquire a 7th round pick and draft him? I've noticed that the Kings have started getting very very late 7th picks to draft once-highly touted projects like Nick Ebert, Spencer Watson, Jake Middleton. It makes a lot of sense. No risk, potentially high reward.

He isn't highly touted.

He was likely worth a 7th round pick but a lot of late bloomers slip though the draft.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I demand that they live stream the scrimmage on the 9th. Now, anyone know how to make that happen?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
It wouldn't cost anywhere near that. A center ice camera and a decent web connection is all it would take.

Well then, let's hope that someone who works for the Sharks reads this board and decides to stream it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad