OT: 2014 REDSKINS - Part IV - Are you not entertained? (3-9-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
According to the Cooley Film Breakdown the Skins may have found their RT in Compton.

That would be nice to see a O-line prospect develop into a starter.

Compton and Keenan Robinson drafted with picks aquired through the Campbell trade.

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Per Chris Mortenson:

Snyder is 'befuddled' and 'confused' as to how RG3 has slipped to the point where he is backing up McCoy. Claims he has not been paying attention to analysis and reports by the media

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Biggest issue I think the team has is not having a QB Coach. All 3 of our QB's are showing the same/similar flaws. Only difference between McCoy and Griffin so far is McCoy has been willing to toss it up to his WR while Griffin has been scared too. Both of their mechanics and field readings have sucked as well.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Gruden played QB in College and the Arena League. Very possible that Gruden feels he is all the QB coach Griffin needs.

Bigger issue is that Griffin has his own QB coach in Terry Shea, and from listening to him on The Sports Fix, on 980, where Shea gave Griffin a "B" for his performance against TB. Shea is either delusional or not very good at his job.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
For the 1st time since before halftime of SB22 I am not a 100% Redskins fan. I recently decided to embrace a 2nd NFL team as a favorite based on yet another year of futility with the Redskins. I cemented my decision by purchasing a new hat of my new favorite team:

24vsdg6.jpg

r05qbb.jpg

I am not at the point where I am going to collect all my Skins stuff and burn it in my backyard, and the Skins will always be #1 in my heart, but I am tired of giving my 100% support to a perennial loser organization owned by an idiot fan boy.

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Am I the only the one sees absolutely nothing from whatever this offensive scheme that Gruden brings to the table?

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
For the 1st time since before halftime of SB22 I am not a 100% Redskins fan. I recently decided to embrace a 2nd NFL team as a favorite based on yet another year of futility with the Redskins. I cemented my decision by purchasing a new hat of my new favorite team:

24vsdg6.jpg

r05qbb.jpg

I am not at the point where I am going to collect all my Skins stuff and burn it in my backyard, and the Skins will always be #1 in my heart, but I am tired of giving my 100% support to a perennial loser organization owned by an idiot fan boy.

I have a second favorite team that usually gets way more of my attention year in and year out. It's called my fantasy football team...

Last edited by a moderator:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Per Chris Mortenson:

Snyder is 'befuddled' and 'confused' as to how RG3 has slipped to the point where he is backing up McCoy. Claims he has not been paying attention to analysis and reports by the media

Well, he exists in a bubble of self-congratulatory narcissism. He responds to criticism by lashing out at underlings.

How about make professional competency the priority in hiring a general manager and not obedience or family legacy.

Elitist clown.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Kyle Shanahan had a more efficient offense.

Kyle Shanahan is probably the best OC in the league, he's definitly the most innovative. Issue here wasn't that ability, it was ego. He's still young enough where he clashes with people and needs someone above him to put him in his place if he's being an insufferable ******. His Dad was not that person. Would have loved to find someway to drop his Dad and keep him because I don't see a way to improve on Kyle as a pure OC.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Cousins and McCoy haven't had trouble moving the ball.

Errr. McCoy has had quite a bit of trouble early, then get a little more into a roll when things are late. He's still just dumping it off though.

My biggest issue with Gruden is, that for a supposed WCO offense, he's making our receivers run a lot of deep routes and just seems completely against running screens. TE Screens or a bubble screen to Jackson or Garcon should be a staple of our offense and its just not.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
No true fan has a second team. Just other teams that they don't mind watching due to quality of play, hah.

Inability to comprehend being a fan of more than one team does not make one a "true fan".

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Errr. McCoy has had quite a bit of trouble early, then get a little more into a roll when things are late. He's still just dumping it off though.

My biggest issue with Gruden is, that for a supposed WCO offense, he's making our receivers run a lot of deep routes and just seems completely against running screens. TE Screens or a bubble screen to Jackson or Garcon should be a staple of our offense and its just not.

Ryan Leaf got out of jail today.

Sayin.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I have always rooted for the Pats since Belicheck was named HC. He is a local guy and we both graduated from the same HS. Now I am just taking that rooting to another level. :p:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Yeah, fine, **** it. I'm down. Let's go. Giddy-up, spur this Leafhorse into motion.

Signing him would be rock bottom, and how ever remote the chances, if the Skins did sign Leaf I wouldn't be surprised at all.

With Snyder the absurd is possible.

And that Hong Kong pop up ad is really screwing with this site.

Sep 19, 2008
Schefter and his sources say don't be surprised to see RG3 start again this season. :laugh:

This team :laugh:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009

Cush

Dec 1, 2002
Northern Virginia
Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN · 45m 45 minutes ago

It looks to me like Dan and Bruce want one more look at RG before making a decision on him. Even if Jay would rather not, no big deal. BUT..

Rich Tandler @Rich_TandlerCSN · 44m 44 minutes ago

… If Jay doesn’t want RG in ’15 and is forced to keep him, then there are major issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad