2014 REDSKINS - Part III - Cousinsception (3-5-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Lucky call, type of thing that goes against us. He doesn't look like he can run at all, that was awkward. He made the wrong read, Morris easily gets the first. Oh well, all's well that ends well

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
That's a good throw and catch. I just wish the guy would consistently make quick decisions.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yes. A lot goes into why a sack happens, primarily the O'line but also coverage down field, but an indecisive QB can contribute a lot.

There are times where it looks like his instinct is screaming run but he's trying to make a pass, but then again he wants to run...and then he just goes down.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Really do appreciate the gift the Eagles gave the Skins in cutting Jackson. The guy may suck complete ass as a blocker in the running game, but he catches everything thrown at him and he is very fast.

TY Philly! :handclap:

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
There are times where it looks like his instinct is screaming run but he's trying to make a pass, but then again he wants to run...and then he just goes down.

Griffin thinks to much at this point. He needs to play more, ultimately, and hopefully that indecisiveness will go away.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Really do appreciate the gift the Eagles gave the Skins in cutting Jackson. The guy may suck complete ass as a blocker in the running game, but he catches everything thrown at him and he is very fast.

TY Philly! :handclap:

It takes a lot for me to forgive someone being lazy in a fundamental area of the game, but Jackson manages to earn that forgiveness.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Griffin thinks to much at this point. He needs to play more, ultimately, and hopefully that indecisiveness will go away.

I hope it's just a symptom of him trying to make his game more pass oriented, a symptom that fades with inexperience. All we can do is hope he puts it together, because as Snyder's favorite toy he's not going anywhere.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
It takes a lot for me to forgive someone being lazy in a fundamental area of the game, but Jackson manages to earn that forgiveness.

Jackson isn't the 1st WR to give less than full effort in the running game as a blocker, but it is a lot easier to forgive that when he catches everything thrown his way. Kevin Sheehan said it best last week when he said the Skins haven't had a deep threat like Jackson since Gary Clark.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Last year RG3 probably tries a miracle throw there. Think Eagles game

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
RG has definitely progressed in some areas. But still deficient in others, I don't like how he'll hold the ball well after it's time to make a decision.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
How does an entire defendive line get fooled and decide not to rush? I know that's the point of play action but that was ridiculous. We must lead the league in cushions and time to throw.

Ovechkin

Sep 14, 2005
Haslett needs to find something more his speed. He can go work for the L.A. KISS. Nobody will care about the defense in that league.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
Pitch and catch. Haslett waiting for that special moment to apply pressure (and close off lanes for Bridgewater). I mean, what works agains a pro-bowl QB and pro-bowl receivers might not work against a rookie and average receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad