2014 REDSKINS - Part II - The Rise of Capt. Kirk (1-3-0)

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
An engineering college near Boston. The interview was in 2004.

The process involved cutting the applicant pool down to 2x the number of eventual students based on the usual GPA/scores/essays/recommendations, and then bringing them all to the college over two weekends before the second and final cut. Part of that weekend was individual and group interviews.

Groups of 6 were given a topic that they would debate 3-against-3 after some time to prepare. Our topic was on objectionable mascots, specifically racist mascots in sports. One girl in my group's father was apparently involved in a fight to keep the Fighting Illini as the University of Illinois's mascot, so she was very pro that side. I was on the other side. Once the debate started, it quickly became about University of Illinois specifically, since she was filled with really absurd rhetoric that she'd obviously gotten from her father and it was super easy to debate against. She was way too emotionally involved, and actually broke down crying during the debate because it wasn't going her way.

My individual interview was right after, and a lot of it was a discussion about ways to interact with people that are obviously wrong but that I may have to work with again in the future. I have no idea if the girl was offered admission, but she wasn't in my freshman class.

Interesting. Group interviews are becoming increasingly popular, especially in business school. Never heard of that for an engineering school before. Thanks for sharing.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
38-10 Seattle.

Redskins defense can never handle dual-threat QBs or anyone for that matter.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
We definitely need some polls that ask a lot more redskins for their thoughts on the name. 400 redskins might not be a meaningful sample.

I didn't realize the team roster was so large.

Given your apparent position, why are you choosing to repeat a racial slur so cavalierly?

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Assuming the 400 are selected mostly randomly, ie not self-selected or all selected out of some sub-group (such as landline owners, like the other poll cited in this thread), 400 is plenty big to represent a population of 5 million. It gives a confidence interval of around ±4.6%

95% sure that the actual percentage of those 5.2 million Native Americans against the name is between 62.4% and 71.6%, in the case of that study

See for yourself here: http://www.surveysystem.com/sscalc.htm

Math Mumbo Jumbo!

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I'm pretty sure we'll get crushed. I'm not liking Cousins vs the Seattle secondary at all.

We suck on national TV the last couple years and have too many injuries to compete.

I hope I'm wrong.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
**** Seadderal. This is our barn. We hung tough with them in 2012, yes including Haslett and his "defense". I am the laughing stock of the internets for 1 day, for I think we can win.

Cousins can't play worse. Haslett can't coach worse. The biggest stumbling block, is our stage freight. That is on Gruden to get the boys to relax.

My optimism aside, sure, we could get shelled. It's prime time, and we fold like a wet potato chip in prime time. But we will not remain winless forever in prime time. It took us 9 tries, but we finally beat a rookie QB. Anything is possible.

Skins ML + Over FTW.

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
I will bet you my house that Cousins has more than 27 yards passing. I'll bet you my car we have more than 60 yards passing as a team. The NYJ set football back 50 years with that performance yesterday.

Cousins completed passes to more New York Giants than he did Washington wide receivers last week. What do you think the Seahawks D is going to do to him?

It's going to be ugly.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I'm starting to think there will be more references to the name controversy than Redskins points in this game...

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Cousins completed passes to more New York Giants than he did Washington wide receivers last week. What do you think the Seahawks D is going to do to him?

It's going to be ugly.

Is that actually true about the more passes to NYG or are you exaggerating for effect? Neither would surprise me.

I think we will hang in until the 2nd half, then implode. Either a mistake on special teams (missed FG, blown coverage for a TD), a dropped INT, or a lost fumble and we'll go in our shell and get pounded.

But, we might win. We might win because I'm just tossing my tickets in the trash. I can't get an offer more than $50 on craigslist, and I'd rather eat the cost of the tickets than fight rush hour traffic getting to FedEx, leave in a bad mood, and get home at 1:00 AM so I can wake up in 5 hours for work. I truly hate home prime time games.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
I don't get the black Redskins clothing worn by the Coaches.

Despite what Jim Zorn thought, black is not a team color of the Redskins.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad