Confirmed with Link: 2014 QOs

Timo Time

73-9
Feb 21, 2012
San Jose, CA
I'd say similar deals for Wingels and Demers, with Wingels getting one more year than Demers. And Sheppard probably getting a one year deal.

Gigante

Sep 12, 2011
If Brown got 2 yrs I'd expect about the same for Shep. 2yrs @ $2.75M. Expecting Demers and Wingels to be about $2.5M/yr.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Eh would rather not have qualified Sheppard since I know they are gonna play him as #3C where he is completely overmatched.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Eh would rather not have qualified Sheppard since I know they are gonna play him as #3C where he is completely overmatched.

So you are psychic now? Whether they play him or not at #3C, youth is the direction the team is heading (as per DW). They will have to try players out in position(s) and give them the opportunity to improve and show that they are actually good enough for the team.

I have 0 issues with Shep being qualified.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
So you are psychic now? Whether they play him or not at #3C, youth is the direction the team is heading (as per DW). They will have to try players out in position(s) and give them the opportunity to improve and show that they are actually good enough for the team.

I have 0 issues with Shep being qualified.

And Sheppard showed last year that he was utterly incapable of playing on the 3rd line.

Gigante

Sep 12, 2011
Shep should makes less than bot Wingles and Demers, IMO.

Yeah, probably confusing since I used totals and yearly in the same message. Meant $2.75M total, so $1.375/yr.

We really need to get rid of that Burish contract. I can just imagine these guys pointing a finger at the Burish contract and asking why they're worth so much less.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
And Sheppard showed last year that he was utterly incapable of playing on the 3rd line.

Small sample size. I am ok with them giving him a chance to center the 3rd line this year and see how that works out. If we are truly in a rebuild then what does it matter? If not, and we plan on competing, then we have bigger holes to fill than the #3C position.

Obviously, Sheppard is not a #3C at this time. But give him this year and see how he does.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Small sample size. I am ok with them giving him a chance to center the 3rd line this year and see how that works out. If we are truly in a rebuild then what does it matter? If not, and we plan on competing, then we have bigger holes to fill than the #3C position.

Obviously, Sheppard is not a #3C at this time. But give him this year and see how he does.

It really doesn't seem like a rebuild when you don't trade your best players.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
It really doesn't seem like a rebuild when you don't trade your best players.

We have to get used to the fact that our version of the rebuild (as DW called it) is going to be different. Their goal (on paper) is to give the younger kids increased roles and play the veterans less. If that does not happen then it is truly a head scratcher and I have no clue as to what we are rebuilding either.

Time will tell.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I'm guessing Sheppard gets a 2 year deal somewhere around $1.5mil AAV.

Demers should get a multi year deal for somewhere around $3.5mil.

I'm guessing Wingels probably wants a long term deal. This is his last RFA year so he's probably looking for something in the $3mil range, maybe more.

I'm way more interested to see which of their prospects get QO's.

Gigante

Sep 12, 2011
Demers could easily get 4M on the market. I think he gets 3.5M per

What comparisons do you think Demers' camp will be using? I'll admit I suck at valuing people. I think "$4M on the market" would be a UFA value, which isn't the same.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
My guess are these 3 are the most important:

Acolaste, Doherty, Tennyson

DW keeps talking about Doherty and Tennyson so those are obvious.

There's some talk that Acolatse might not get a QO. Actually, I guess I wouldn't be surprised if Doherty, Tennyson and Sateri and the only ones who receive QO among the prospects.

anthonyyy

Aug 11, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
With Boyle gone, Demers will likely get more PP time. I'd rather see him signed to a 3 year deal now than a 1 year prove it deal, where his numbers will likely spike this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad