Jul 12, 2011
Nashville - W
Columbus - W (FOR PEVERLEY, BRUH)
Blues - ?
Phoenix - ?

Stars90

Sep 24, 2013
Toronto
It's doable. I'm just so scarred from the last few season (especially from the Minnesota game) that I won't be able to believe it until there's an x beside their name in the standings.

Predictions:

NSH: W (SO)

CBJ: W

STL: L

Phoenix: W

Let's just hope they can get their act together.

Bkennedy*

I'm fully expecting us to get it. To have a really good chance at that I think tomorrow's game is the biggest. Simply because it's our easiest left and Columbus probably beats Phoenix in their own building. Could set us up 3 points ahead going into the final 3, with an opportunity to clinch any of the following nights.

Columbus we are playing while they are on a 2nd night of a b2b, but we are too. So there's that.

STL same story with them being on a b2b. We can squeek one out there maybe, we've had their number all year and we're desperate.

PHX playing on day 2 of a b2b.

Remember too, Phoenix has been god awful lately. As long as they don't just snap this losing streak their in and go into full roaring mode we are gonna make it.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I think the BJ's at home against PHX probably get the 2 points because they are just as desperate as PHX and DAL.

That reduces the number to 5. I think there's at least a reasonable chance that everything falls into place where Dallas can get 3 points in the 3 at least giving them a win and in scenario.

I just don't think Dallas or PHX will go 3-0 into the final game.

At this point, both teams have damn near identical strength of opponent. They both get desperate CLB, out of it NAS, and they face a tough top team in the West (STL/SJ).

Bkennedy*

I think the BJ's at home against PHX probably get the 2 points because they are just as desperate as PHX and DAL.

That reduces the number to 5. I think there's at least a reasonable chance that everything falls into place where Dallas can get 3 points in the 3 at least giving them a win and in scenario.

I just don't think Dallas or PHX will go 3-0 into the final game.

At this point, both teams have damn near identical strength of opponent. They both get desperate CLB, out of it NAS, and they face a tough top team in the West (STL/SJ).

I think we have a little easier schedule. Playing both of our tougher games on 2nd days of b2bs as well as phoenix.

Also, CBJ hit with some flu or something, several forwards potentially out vs PHX.

Phil Connors*

I am fully prepared to be disappointed, but I think this is the year we squeak in. I think Benn and Seguin will lead us (as they have the past 30 games) to the promise land.

Bkennedy*

Can we just fast forward this week? It's all I can think about and it's driving me absolutely crazy.

gocanes88

Jan 14, 2007
Fayetteville, NC
So jealous to see all the anticipation from you guys... I wish I could feel that, too. But my time will come again (sometime in the next century)... as long as our playoff drought has been, yours has actually been longer. You guys definitely deserve it. It would be quite epic if the Phoenix game determined which team got in... but I'm sure none of you want any part of that. :laugh:

Bkennedy*

I agree. I've barely been able to concentrate on anything.

Like for some reason I've been refreshing the stupid sportclub playoff chances % page over and over as if that means anything or makes any difference. I'm literally not functioning at work. This is a problem.

So jealous to see all the anticipation from you guys... I wish I could feel that, too. But my time will come again (sometime in the next century)... as long as our playoff drought has been, yours has actually been longer. You guys definitely deserve it. It would be quite epic if the Phoenix game determined which team got in... but I'm sure none of you want any part of that. :laugh:

No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no just please gain 1 point on those damn dogs in the next 3 games so I don't have to worry.

We can clinch as soon as Thursday, theoretically, right?

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
@JoshBogorad: Regardless of what PHX does, if the @DallasStars get at least 3 pts in the next 3 games, it guarantees they will still be alive come Sunday

This is absolutely getting done.

Bkennedy*

This is absolutely getting done.

Assuming Phoenix loses even one game we need 1 point to be alive going into Sunday.

We'll be alive Sunday, I have no doubts about that. I just want them to be dead by Sunday.

Bkennedy*

Am hoping the Yotes lose to San Jose on Saturday to eliminate them. Will be in full gear that night too.

Yeah. Our goal right now shouldn't be "stay alive to Sunday" or "squeak into the playoffs"

We have a very reasonable way to get it done without risking a ton. Just gain 1 point on them in the next 3 games. Very possible, much less nerve racking.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Beat Nashville, go to OT against Columbus, go full on against Blues and grab whatever you can. Head into Glendale feeling good and against a team you've controlled most of the play against so far this year.

Smith stood on his head during most of the two games we've played against them so far. I feel confident against anything Phoenix throws out.

Bkennedy*

Couldnt agree more, its driving me nuts :help:

Even late wednesday night we might have a better idea.... or be stuck wondering like we are right now :rant:

Just win vs Nash & columbus and hope Phx loses tomorrow. That's really the only way we'd have any idea by Wednesday :p

I am really thankful that Phx plays us on the second end of a back to back though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad