2014 Playoff Talk/Remaining Schedules

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
So going into the last three days of the season we have..
P1 Anaheim vs W1/2 Minnesota or DAL/PHX
P2 San Joe vs P3 Los Angeles
C1 Colorado or St. Louis vs W1/2 Minnesota or DAL/PHX
C2 St. Louis or Colorado vs C3 Chicago

Only confirmed match up so far is San Jose vs Los Angeles.
Minnesota is locked into top Wild Card spot. Dallas can clinched the second Wild Card spot with a win Friday.
Chicago is locked into the third Central spot as they can only tie STL & COL now and would lose the ROW tiebreaker.
Anaheim, St. Louis and Colorado are all within a point of each other. Colorado has the ROW tiebreaker on St. Louis. Anaheim has the ROW tiebreaker on both Colorado and St. Louis.

Remaining schedules for all three....
St. Louis - @DAL, vsDET
Colorado - @SJS, @ANA
Anaheim - @LAK, vsCOL

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
I know this doesn't matter if we win tomorrow, but uggggggggggh that Phoenix catches SJ on the 2nd night of a back to back with nothing to play for. At least the goaltending shouldn't matter since Stalock is actually a capable back-up, but I'd guess at least a couple of Pavelski, Thornton, Marleau, Couture, Burns, Boyle etc will not play. At the very least, not play big minutes.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Just FYI for no other reason than just to look....
Honda Center: No events from 4/14 to 4/25
Scottrade Center: Miley Cyrus in town on 4/16
Pepsi Center: Nuggets vs Golden State on 4/16

Playoffs start on the 16th.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Colorado pulls the goalie down 4-1 with 5 minutes to go ... SJ scored an EN.

Now 5-1 with 4:30 to go. If score holds. Anaheim only needs to pick up 1 point on Sat against the Yotes or Sunday against the Avs to lock up #1 seed in the West.

For me ... that's best case scenario for the Dallas Stars. All 3 are tough, but I think Dallas' speed will be tougher for Anaheim to handle. Might give us a chance.

Al Core

May 21, 2011
Illinois

Now 5-1 with 4:30 to go. If score holds. Anaheim only needs to pick up 1 point on Sat against the Yotes or Sunday against the Avs to lock up #1 seed in the West.

For me ... that's best case scenario for the Dallas Stars. All 3 are tough, but I think Dallas' speed will be tougher for Anaheim to handle. Might give us a chance.

At least four games of Corey Perry.....

GLEE-MR-SCHUE-ANGRY.gif

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I gotta say, I have never liked the Stars for obvious reasons. The Wild can't win in Dallas, and well...them North Stars...

BUT, I just love that 'y'all' are back in the Playoffs. I also have come to love the green jerseys.

And how about Benn? What a beaut with the mic on the ice, wish more players would do things like that and directly address the crowd!

I wish you luck in the playoffs, unless we face each other.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson

Ducks play Kings on Saturday fyi. Sharks get the Yotes. Hope that Avs/Ducks game doesn't have any meaning either.

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
Nice to see the Stars back in the playoffs. Hopefully the games will be on CBC up here. What team do all of you want the Stars playing? Avalanche, Blues, or Ducks? Quintuplet OT against the Ducks again would be fun.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Nice to see the Stars back in the playoffs. Hopefully the games will be on CBC up here. What team do all of you want the Stars playing? Avalanche, Blues, or Ducks? Quintuplet OT against the Ducks again would be fun.

Stars can only play the Ducks or Avs. Blues lose both tiebreakers, and Avs/Ducks play so one of them is assured to finish ahead of them.

Much much much rather it be the Ducks.

And 4OT game was against Sharks ;)

Thanks for kind words. :handclap:

CBCnutcase

Sep 11, 2007
Stars can only play the Ducks or Avs. Blues lose both tiebreakers, and Avs/Ducks play so one of them is assured to finish ahead of them.

Thanks for kind words.
:handclap:
Brendan Morrow scores the series winning goal in that game. :hockey:
A better result than the Ducks-Stars game. Figuring out the tiebreakers drive me nuts. LOL.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Usually it's never good when you ask for a particular team in the playoffs but I love our speed matchup versus Anheim's goonery. Can't wait to see Roussel piss off Perry all series long.

Stars_fan9

Mar 17, 2007

Thanks for kind words. :handclap:

I think he's referring to the game against the Ducks in 03 I think when we lost in the 5th overtime. I haven't thought about that game for a while and hope I never do again.

Stars90

Sep 24, 2013
Toronto
Usually it's never good when you ask for a particular team in the playoffs but I love our speed matchup versus Anheim's goonery. Can't wait to see Roussel piss off Perry all series long.

This. If this series goes longer than 5 games Perry is going to snap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad