2014 Olympic Hockey Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
At least our guys don't have to stand out there on the ice for 20 minutes and watch Canada get a medal and listen to their ****ing anthem like the Women had to yesterday.

We better god damned obliterate Finland on Sunday. And I mean no disrespect to our Finnish posters by that. And I have nothing but respect and admiration for Finland, but we really need to take this loss out on somebody.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
1-0? We're the highest scoring team in the tournament and we can't muster one stinking goal?

Brb, going to crawl into the fetal position and cry for a bit...

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
We better god damned obliterate Finland on Sunday. And I mean no disrespect to our Finnish posters by that. And I have nothing but respect and admiration for Finland, but we really need to take this loss out on somebody.

On saturday actually, tomorrow. That's ok. There are no friends tomorrow. Both teams want a medal .

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
Thus ends my interest in the Olympics this year. Really ****ing boring defensive game today. It looked like very few players cared at all. On top of that the ice and boards were awful making for a game that just seemed like it never went anywhere.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
I made a thread in the Olympic section regarding Olympic vs NHL style hockey. Hopefully there will be some opinions in there

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
1-0? We're the highest scoring team in the tournament and we can't muster one stinking goal?

Brb, going to crawl into the fetal position and cry for a bit...

When it comes down to it, it's the way this team was built that bites us in the ass. We went grinders specifically to beat Canada, grind them out, etc. But it simply did not work. We should have went with more skill. Brown should never have been on this roster. Perfect example.

And we probably should have gone with someone else as coach. This USA team seems to demonstrate that the only reason Bylsma wins is because of the sheer amount of talent on the Penguins roster. He coaches almost exactly the same as Yeo does. The powerplays from this team look like they're lifted straight out of a Wild game.

I'm just so ****ing disgusted right now. It's like I just watched a bad Wild game only a thousand times worse.

I'm so ****ing sick of seeing Canada have all the success in Olympic hockey. Sick to death of seeing red finish in front of blue. USA hockey is making great strides lately but Canada just laughs us off. The only way we'll ever shut them up is if we start beating their ***** in the Olympics like we should. We need to take the way states like Minnesota, Michigan, and Massachusetts develop players and impress that model into every other state that has hockey programs, and use the template to start hockey programs in states that don't. I want to see team USA absolutely DOMINATE Canada for a few Olympics in a row at some point in my life, because screw you, Canada. It's not your game, it belongs to the world.

Whats worse is that if there are no NHL players involved in 2018 we won't even get a shot at genuine revenge. They damn well better get that figured out.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Incoming three way collision with Suter, Parise and Granlund and they all get injured.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
On saturday actually, tomorrow. That's ok. There are no friends tomorrow. Both teams want a medal .

It's tomorrow, right?

Is it? Crap. Anyone know what time?

Thus ends my interest in the Olympics this year. Really ****ing boring defensive game today. It looked like very few players cared at all. On top of that the ice and boards were awful making for a game that just seemed like it never went anywhere.

Todays game sucked to watch. It barely managed to hold my attention at times. Like I said, like watching a Wild game, only a thousand times worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad