OT: 2014 Olympic Hockey: (Spoilers within)

Status
Not open for further replies.

zac

Apr 29, 2009
Sweden has released its Olympic Camp roster (taking place in August).

Oduya, Hammer, and Kruger were invited. Stalberg was not.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...erg-highlight-swedens-14-olympic-camp-roster/

I'm not sure on the timing for any Canadian camp or when an invite list will be released. They haven't said who is invited to the summer WJC tournament...so they seem a little behind on things right now.

I think Crawford, Toews, Keith, and Seabrook will all be invited to any camp that's held.

I don't see any reason to invite Seabrook as he wasn't very good the last go round and his play has only deteriorated since. I don't know how deep Canada will go at goalie but Corey has a shot (don't think it's automatic). As someone else said, Saad has a chance (I think his play warrants one but I'm not sure that it happens), and Hossa is always a lock as is Frolik.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
I don't see any reason to invite Seabrook as he wasn't very good the last go round and his play has only deteriorated since. I don't know how deep Canada will go at goalie but Corey has a shot (don't think it's automatic). As someone else said, Saad has a chance (I think his play warrants one but I'm not sure that it happens), and Hossa is always a lock as is Frolik.

i was referring to camp, not the final roster...and they're not going to exclude seabrook from any camp they hold.

I hope the US goes with the "right" players and not just the "best" players

I have a similar concern re Canada...that they will try to assemble some sort of 'all star' squad and it will end up as a repeat of the Torino fiasco.

1Gold Standard

Jun 13, 2012
Sweden has released its Olympic Camp roster (taking place in August).

Oduya, Hammer, and Kruger were invited. Stalberg was not.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/...erg-highlight-swedens-14-olympic-camp-roster/

I'm not sure on the timing for any Canadian camp or when an invite list will be released. They haven't said who is invited to the summer WJC tournament...so they seem a little behind on things right now.

I think Crawford, Toews, Keith, and Seabrook will all be invited to any camp that's held.

Labor Day weekend in Calgary.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Canada's Olympic camp opens this Sunday. Crawford, Keith, Seabrook, Sharp, and Toews will be there.

There will be a media conference on TSN and the TSN website Sunday at 5.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
I think so, too. They were sufficiently starved for content that when they were revealing their predictions for Canada's olympic forwards, they only revealed one line per episode of That's Hockey (which doesn't even air everyday)

Time for Bell to buy the Rays and move the Expos home.

Easton Modano Curve

Jun 19, 2013
Chicago
USA, USA, USA!

Here is my lineup (not most likely) of who'd I'd like to see playing together.

Kessel -- Stepan -- Kane
Parise (A) -- Pavelski -- Ryan
JVR -- Kesler -- Oshie
Callahan -- Backes -- Brown (A)

Suter (C) -- J. Johnson
Yandle -- Shattenkirk
McDonagh -- Bogosian

Quick
Howard
Anderson

PS: Apologies to Orpik, Martin, Max Pac, Statsny (I know he's good, just really unimpressed last year), Fowler, Big Buff, Carlson. Wanted to fit those guys in but didn't have space.

PPS: I tried making Canada. Way too hard, I'll need more time to think about that one.

Last edited:

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
Bob Nicholson says he considers 11 guys as 'locks' for the Canadian team..but didn't say who.

Luongo, Crosby, Toews, Stamkos, Tavares, Staal, Giroux, Bergeron, Doughty, Weber, Keith???

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
The US Olympic camp starts today.

Leddy and Kane can be seen in some of the crowd shots.

The Canadian press conference was yesterday...the highlights are on the TSN website. If you can, try to watch the clips of the panel involving the players...it's entertaining because all they want to do is ask Luongo about his situation with the Canucks. The highlight is when someone asks Crosby for his views on the Schneider trade.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
just to update re some of the Hockey Canada camp stuff i've seen on TSN - Bob McKenzie said *flat out* while Crosby had his golden goal in some ways it was just as much Toews' team as it was Crosby's.

I was quite happy to hear that. Not going to lie - re 'who should be captain' i did say Crosby - but I was very glad to hear the TSN panel get overt re Toews' importance/status w/ hockey canada. and obviously, if Toews gets the C I will be happy.

IU Hawks fan

They call me IU
Dec 30, 2008
NW Burbs
US jerseys are awful:

ku-bigpic.jpg

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yeah, like I said in the other thread, the white one looks like blouse. These things are so embarrassing.

111407cryingeagle.jpg

Ben Grimm

Blue collar cool 🛒
Dec 10, 2007
Lower E. Side
distrokid.com
US Team

Goalies: Ryan Miller, Jonathan Quick, Jimmy Howard, Cory Schneider, and Craig Anderson.

Skaters: Patrick Kane, Ryan Suter, David Backes, Dustin Brown, Ryan Callahan, and Zach Parise.
3 of the goalies and all of the skaters will make the US team. Who else do you think will?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad