Speculation: 2014 Offseason - Roster Building / Trade Speculation Thread VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Basically a GDT edition here.

I have no earthly idea what's going to go on tomorrow. I can't help but feel like it will be chaotic.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Yeah but if you cave on that 500K here, and on 500K with Kreider, and on 500K with Moore, and on 500K with Brass, etc, you're preventing yourself from acquiring a $2M player, or 2 roster spots.

Rangerfan4life90

Oct 14, 2008
College Point, NY
If they do end up signing Stralman to an extension, and keep Klein, then you mine as well include McI in a trade. He wouldn't get a chance to play here. I'm really wondering if that's the situation here, but then you could always trade Klein if push comes to shove.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
If they do end up signing Stralman to an extension, and keep Klein, then you mine as well include McI in a trade. He wouldn't get a chance to play here. I'm really wondering if that's the situation here, but then you could always trade Klein if push comes to shove.

Nah. Starting in the AHL won't be bad for him. Bide his time until an injury and then, if he excels on call-up, trade Stralman or Klein to make room. That's the best thing for him anyway.

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
Little, Hanzal, Shaw, Colin Wilson.

Are we looking a names or teams with a glut of centers? Those guy would require a center in return. Doubt Miller gets that done. Those teams lack center depth. The totes traded for a center to round out their group, now give one? Hawks are deprived of Cs. Press trying to get Special or Lecav. Doubt Wilson is available unless a C goes back. Jets have Little and Scheifelie. That's it. U bless these teams are signing multiple Cs in FA, none of these guys would be available.

SupersonicMonkey*

Yeah but if you cave on that 500K here, and on 500K with Kreider, and on 500K with Moore, and on 500K with Brass, etc, you're preventing yourself from acquiring a $2M player, or 2 roster spots.

Kreider is an RFA. He will get what he gets. He has to earn his next contract. Different story. And I am a huge fan of Kreider's. Have been since before he was drafted.

You have to prioritize. Stralman to me is more valuable than Brassard. Stralman logs 20 minutes against other teams top six forwards and makes his teammates better in the process.

Brassard will get paid, too. I have no qualms giving him 4 million.

There are positions you can screw with. Defense isn't one of them.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
Kreider is an RFA. He will get what he gets. He has to earn his next contract. Different story. And I am a huge fan of Kreider's. Have been since before he was drafted.

You have to prioritize. Stralman to me is more valuable than Brassard. Stralman logs 20 minutes against other teams top six forwards and makes his teammates better in the process.

Brassard will get paid, too. I have no qualms giving him 4 million.

There are positions you can screw with. Defense isn't one of them.

Defense without Stralman is a faaaar deeper position than center is without Brassard.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Brooks is the only NYR writer who is ALWAYS doom and gloom. "Cash strapped" Rangers? 23M in cap is wuite alot especially with 4 of them RFAs. Sather just doesn't want to pay the prices for our UFAs

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
wtf Stralman is more important than Brassard?? So our centers would be... stepan, miller, moore? , lindbergh.. amazing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad