Speculation: 2014 Offseason - Roster Building / Trade Speculation Thread II ‎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
People either completely overestimate, or completely underestimate the effect Brad Richards had on this team this year. There's no in between.

I bet my savings we make the playoffs without him.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
Were a playoff team with miller as the 3C. Hell were a playoff team with Lindbergh as the 3C because of Hank.

asparkoflife

Nov 8, 2008
Patterson, NY
People either completely overestimate, or completely underestimate the effect Brad Richards had on this team this year. There's no in between.

I bet my savings we make the playoffs without him.

I think the combo of Kreider another year in, MSL for a whole year, and possibly McD gaining some offense will all help make up for Brad being out. I think we will stand firm and wait til the deadline. Although Stastny being available must make Sather salivate.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
That's assuming Pouilot re signs, he might want a multi year deal.. If he doesn't, then MSL probably goes with Brassard and Zucc. leaving just Miller/hagelin.. and?

I think that line is too small to survive together for very long.

I also think Pouliot doesn't have a lot of leverage--he just had his best season point-wise in his NHL career and a big part of the reason was because of his linemates. I think $2.5 million per year is overpayment. I hope the number is closer to $3.5 to $4 million on a two year contract.

Mikos87

Mar 19, 2002
Visit site
I'm more worried about 45 points being enough for the 2C for a team playing with SC aspirations..

Yeah, its that the center ice position is now streaky... PPG for two week stretches and nothing for the next two. Brassard should put up more points with more ice time in theory, but what happens when he has to face a higher quality of competition in other teams top 4 D... same with Zucc and Poo.

Frankly teams that ice 45 point centers in the top 6 are not playoff teams, but with Lundqvist in net, that is not much of a concern barring injury.

Son of Steinbrenner

Jul 9, 2003
I think that line is too small to survive together for very long.

I also think Pouliot doesn't have a lot of leverage--he just had his best season point-wise in his NHL career and a big part of the reason was because of his linemates. I think $2.5 million per year is overpayment. I hope the number is closer to $3.5 to $4 million on a two year contract.

I agree that line would be too small.

The Rangers could let Pouliet walk and have Nash play with Brassard and Zuccarello.

The top two lines COULD conceivably be

Kreider Stepan St Louis
Nash Brassard Zuccarello

On paper it's two solid balanced lines. As far as lines 3 and 4, I have no idea. I don't expect Boyle back and I'm not sure if Miller or Lindberg is ready for full time 3rd line duty.

This is going to be an interesting few months. I really don't have a clue what the Rangers are going to add.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I agree that line would be too small.

The Rangers could let Pouliet walk and have Nash play with Brassard and Zuccarello.

The top two lines COULD conceivably be

Kreider Stepan St Louis
Nash Brassard Zuccarello

On paper it's two solid balanced lines. As far as lines 3 and 4, I have no idea. I don't expect Boyle back and I'm not sure if Miller or Lindberg is ready for full time 3rd line duty.

This is going to be an interesting few months. I really don't have a clue what the Rangers are going to add.

I thought about Nash too--issue is he seems better on the right side and he does have some chemistry with Kreider and Stepan. Gabby would look good with Brassard and Zucc (who would have to slide to the LW though) . :naughty: Too bad that ship has sailed.

Training camp is less than 3 months away.

Evil Sather

YOU KILL THE JOE
Jun 27, 2003
YOU MAKE SOME MO
Visit site
The bigger worry is the more he plays against tougher competition, the more likely Brassard is going to get trucked and get another concussion.

His puck skills are already not what they were when he got drafted, and if you watch how he plays in the regular season, he quite rightly shies away from a lot of contact and tough areas. He doesn't do this in the POs, this is why he "seems" to play better.

I would get rid of Brassard now and pick up Grabvoski who's a superior player. Don't see Brassard progressing much from here, if at all. Giving $4.5m+ for 3 or 4 years for a guy who hasn't hit 20 goals or 45 points at 27 with 7 years ITL is foolish.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
We also have MSL for a full season eating up big minutes on his shifts and the PP...that SHOULD give us some extra offense to offset any missed by not adding that big scoring Center until at least the deadline . If Diaz can perform well on the PP...we should be better in that regard ...knock on wood...we can't be any worse...can we ??? I say no big moves until we see what kind of team we have at the deadline...who knows...maybe we have an injury bug at that time and have no chance...best to wait and see .

I like Thornton from Bruins over Carcillo if they are priced similar . I also like what Klein and Moore did from the defensive zone in the playoffs and that was watching them taking off and making a few rushes with the puck which was something neither did much off in the reg season....that bodes well...adds a new twist .

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
We also have MSL for a full season taking big minutes and a regular shift...that SHOULD give us some extra offense to offset any missed by not adding that big scoring Center until at least the deadline . If Diaz can perform well on the PP...we should be better in that regard ...knock on wood...we can't be any worse...can we ??? I say no big moves until we see what kind of team we have at the deadline...who knows...maybe we have an injury bug at that time and have no chance...best to wait and see . I like Thornton from Bruins over Carcillo if they are priced similar .

If we lose Boyle, Stralman, Pouilot, and put Miller at 3C.. yes I think we actually could be worse.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
back to trading Staal for a center.. If they were to do that, the Rangers could then trade Brassard for Staal's replacement potentially.. but that requires being creative.

Evil Sather

YOU KILL THE JOE
Jun 27, 2003
YOU MAKE SOME MO
Visit site
back to trading Staal for a center.. If they were to do that, the Rangers could then trade Brassard for Staal's replacement potentially.. but that requires being creative.

The pro play is to trade Staal to STL for a couple of their younger forwards to shore up the bottom 6 and trade Brassard for a defenseman while using the $ difference to get Grabo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad