2014 NHL Playoffs (Scores and discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So has there been any goalie so far in the playoffs that HF hasn't accused let in softies, been declared overrated or garbage?

Price the only safe one thanks to a sweep?

Rask too. Boston's literally the only team in the playoffs I still trust with a two-goal lead at the rate everything's going. Maybe the Sharks, but even they made a 5-0 game a roller-coaster for a bit in Game 1.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
And now the Hawks just blew another two-goal lead. This playoffs is unreal.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
Brady Trettenero ‏@BradyTrett 3m

After not scoring today, Crosby and Malkin have now gone 24 straight playoff periods without scoring a goal

NC107*

The 4 games between Pittsburgh and Columbus have all been 4 vs 3. How often does that happen?

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The 4 games between Pittsburgh and Columbus have all been 4 vs 3. How often does that happen?

And all with blown two+ goal leads.

NHL Public Relations ‏@PR_NHL 38m
CBJ/PIT is first series in NHL history in which four consecutive games have been won by a team trailing by two or more goals. @EliasSports

Hawks-Blues ain't too far behind it atm.

Fear the Wushu

Dec 4, 2013
New Brunswick, NJ
Our series with Phill in 2012, every team that scored first lost.

Playoffs are weird, man.

Chicago needs to pull this one out.

C'mon man, you want the Hawks to win this series. In no way do I want to see the Blackhawks lift another cup this year (although I think San Jose will barring their usual choke.) I love the way the Blues to win and with their past playoff woes, I would love to see them advance deep.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
C'mon man, you want the Hawks to win this series. In no way do I want to see the Blackhawks lift another cup this year (although I think San Jose will barring their usual choke.) I love the way the Blues to win and with their past playoff woes, I would love to see them advance deep.

I don't want to see them win the Cup, just to beat St. Louis.

Doesn't really matter who wins I guess, either team will get spanked in the next round. Colorado vs SJ is going to be the WCF.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

I would not sleep on the Blues if they can survive this series. They are a good team. Same with the Hawks if they pull this one out and then go on to win the series.

This CBJ-Pitt series is crazy. Just telling me that Pitt is the paper tiger I think they are. Have to give the Jackets credit, they don't quit and play hard. Our division is just putrid though...:shakehead

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Crawford has looked like the 2012 playoffs Crawford for a lot of this series. A lot of weird ones in that series against the coyotes that year, a lot of weird ones this series too.

NC107*

It is hard to believe that St Louis has so much control over the Hawks. They are outplaying them.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I would not sleep on the Blues if they can survive this series. They are a good team. Same with the Hawks if they pull this one out and then go on to win the series.

This CBJ-Pitt series is crazy. Just telling me that Pitt is the paper tiger I think they are. Have to give the Jackets credit, they don't quit and play hard. Our division is just putrid though...:shakehead

Funny how when realignment first came about everyone complained how we were in such a killer division :laugh:

What does it say about us (or about the value of offense vs. defense in the 'new NHL') that with vastly superior defense/goaltending to like 80% of the teams in the playoffs we're not there?

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
My pick to win the cup has been from the start of the playoffs whoever wins the St. Louis / Chicago series.

I'm loving see Columbus compete from the perspective of the resident of the city.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Brady Trettenero ‏@BradyTrett 3m

After not scoring today, Crosby and Malkin have now gone 24 straight playoff periods without scoring a goal

I know I heard a stat somewhere that Crosby hasn't scored a third period goal in like 32 straight playoff games.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
My pick to win the cup has been from the start of the playoffs whoever wins the St. Louis / Chicago series.

I'm loving see Columbus compete from the perspective of the resident of the city.

I'm glad they at least got a home win this time (and a memorable one at that)...although I fear if they do take out the Pens we're in for a Rangers-fellow Original Six conference Final.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad