2014 NHL Playoffs (Scores and discussion)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NC107*

We didn't make it but there will be some exciting hockey to watch for a change. I am looking forward to watching a well coached and managed team the Boston Bruins. I also think the Rangers vs Flyers will be exciting to watch.

Last edited by a moderator:

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Out of the east, I have to pull for either Boston or Columbus. Don't really care about anyone else.

I'm really pulling for St. Louis or San Jose.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
My predcitions:

Boston over Detroit in 7
Rags over Philly in 5
TB over Mtl in 6 if Bishop plays
Mtl over TB in 5 if Bishop is out
Pitt over Columbus in 6

Ducks over Dallas in 4
Colorado over Minny in 7
Blues over Chicago in 7
Sharks over Kings in 5

Status Quo*

Boston over Detroit in 5
Rags over Philly in 7
Montreal over Tampa in 6
Pitt over Columbus in 6

Ducks over Dallas in 5
Colorado over Minny in 6
Chicago over St. Louis in 7
Sharks over Kings in 6

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bruins over red wins in 6
Rangers over flyers in 6
Rangers over flyers in 5 if ray emery plays most or all of the series. Possibly even rangers in 4 if emery is in there.
Canadiens over lightning in 6 if lindback plays
Lightning over canadiens in 7 if bishop plays most or the entire series
Penguins over blue jackets in 5

Ducks over stars in 6
Colorado over Minnesota in 7
Blackhawks over blues in 5
Sharks over kings in 7

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It took me like a minute to realize the password was umadbleed:laugh:

What exactly is this for? Can someone explain please? I'd like to participate.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/playoff_challenge/leagues/20664

Its just a league were we fill out brackets and such and see who on the board got the most right

just a heads up in case people were wondering about the prize part, assuming you're interested in that
kind of stuff.

Group/League Play: In addition to participating in the Promotion on an individual basis, each Entrant may also participate in group or league play by either setting up his or her own group or by joining another group already established by another Entrant. Entrants within a particular group compete against one another by using the same picks made by such Entrants in individual play. The Entrant with the highest score within a particular group will be deemed to be the winner of that group. Participating in group or league play is only for bragging rights and Entrants will not be entitled to any prizes whatsoever on account of having the highest score in a particular group or league. An Entrant must have the highest score among all Entrants participating in the Promotion in order to win (prizes)…

http://bracketchallenge.nhl.com/playoff_challenge/pages/rules?locale=en

Status Quo*

The Sharks definitely deserve a cup, i hope this is the year they finally do it; no faith in them at all though :laugh:

Yeah, I have no faith in them either just because of the past but they HAVE to break through sometime. What better time then now?

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Yeah, I have no faith in them either just because of the past but they HAVE to break through sometime. What better time then now?

Even discounting the past, i feel like the new playoff system really hurts them because it forces them to get through both the Kings and the Ducks (really doubt the Stars cause the upset) just to reach the conference finals. I feel like the two SoCal teams just match up well against the Sharks, and even then i think they'd struggle against Chicago. I'd favor them against anyone in the East in the finals though.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The sharks can take the ducks I think. So can the kings. The stars likely cannot, so I expect the ducks to make it out of the first round. Bruce boudreau's teams are notorious for going out early. They did last year against Detroit and they did almost every year in Washington.

NC107*

here are my predictions:

Boston over Detroit in 5
Philly over Rags in 7
Montreal over Tampa in 6
Pitt over Columbus in 6

Ducks over Dallas in 5
Colorado over Minny in 6
Chicago over St. Louis in 6
Sharks over Kings in 6

It all starts Wednesday.
Go Bruins

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
when it says total series goals, does it just mean for the finals yeah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad