2014 NHL Playoffs (Scores and discussion) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
i went for a walk and came back to pleasant news

habs stepped in **** before this series started...it finally turned. bruins are better.

Bmu7QOKCYAA7Qw9.jpg

Last edited:

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Get to the playoffs and then feel free to blow all the leads you want.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
I'll give the blown leads argument(even though this year is more likely an exception because 20 blown leads in 52 games is unheard of), but the Devils don't comeback under Pete either like these teams.

Anyway missing the playoffs 5 out of 6 years coaching and having 46 wins in the past 119 games with only one 3 game win streak this whole season is going to garner negativity for everyone on the team. We'll see what happens this year, I'll happily eat the crow if they do well this year.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
this playoff has shown me: the devils lack tons of talent offensively (duh), they're even slower than i thought, and don't have enough depth (duh)

Last edited:

EliasFTW

Jan 27, 2009
Utica, NY
this playoff has shown me: the devils lack tons of talent offensively (duh), they're even slower than i thought, and don't have enough depth (duh)

If you have enough talent to be in contention for the playoffs you have depth. We just lacked top end talent to get us into the playoffs

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
If you have enough talent to be in contention for the playoffs you have depth. We just lacked top end talent to get us into the playoffs

It's kind of funny, in the shortened season we had the top end talent in Kovalchuk, but had no depth to go with him. This year we had better depth but didn't have the top end talent anymore.

Status Quo*

Wondering how many Kings fans will be at the Pond tonight. That'll be a true invasion unlike the garbage Rag fans tried to pass off in 2012 :laugh:

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I'll give the blown leads argument(even though this year is more likely an exception because 20 blown leads in 52 games is unheard of), but the Devils don't comeback under Pete either like these teams.

Anyway missing the playoffs 5 out of 6 years coaching and having 46 wins in the past 119 games with only one 3 game win streak this whole season is going to garner negativity for everyone on the team. We'll see what happens this year, I'll happily eat the crow if they do well this year.

Didn't they have like the most comebacks either last year or he year before that? I know they came back from down more then a few times this year too. Hell they have erased their own blown leads a few times...then lost in a shootout.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Missed that a goal. Was it another Quick softie?

Getzlaf skated down from the top of the circle and Quick came about 6-7 feet out of the net thinking it might be a wraparound type play. Getzlaf turned the corner and threw it out in front where his guy tapped it home

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Hahahaha of course the Kings score with under ten seconds left. Of course.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Gaborik ties it up with 7 seconds left.
Eye hand coordination excellence.

Richards made the play.
Kings won that trade easily with Philly. Got a cup already and Richards is a winner.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
That's the main satisfaction I get out of the Kings' excellence, it was borne mainly out of the Flyers' stupidity (Richards/Carter).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad