Not open for further replies.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
They Go On Without Us

Wednesday, April 23
Visitor Home
Pittsburgh Columbus FINAL: PIT (3) - CLB (4) (OT)
Anaheim Dallas FINAL: ANA (2) - DAL (4)
St. Louis Chicago FINAL: STL (3) - CHI (4) (OT)

Thursday, April 24
Visitor Home
Boston Detroit 8:00 PM
Colorado Minnesota 9:30 PM
San Jose Los Angeles 10:30 PM

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Gustavsson starting, Howard with the flu. And Zetterberg back for the Wings' (nearly) last-ditch effort.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
As much as I hate the Kings and like the Sharks, my bracket is boned if they lose.

Tried to go for the "brain" pick over the "heart" pick. Figured the Sharks would choke again and those rat ******* Kings would squeak away with another series. :facepalm:

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
As much as I hate the Kings and like the Sharks, my bracket is boned if they lose.

Tried to go for the "brain" pick over the "heart" pick. Figured the Sharks would choke again and those rat ******* Kings would squeak away with another series. :facepalm:

but they only lost in the first round once in the past 4 years(and if they get past here once in the last 5 years) . And that first round loss was to the Blues who had 13 points more than them.

I think people use the term choke too much when it comes to the Sharks, the only time they really choked imo was when they lost to Anaheim.

edit: and now Datsyuk scores with a Kronwall assist.

So both of them have 1 goal and 1 assist the game after their children were born.

Last edited:

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
but they only lost in the first round once in the past 4 years(and if they get past here once in the last 5 years) . And that first round loss was to the Blues who had 13 points more than them.

I think people use the term choke too much when it comes to the Sharks, the only time they really choked imo was when they lost to Anaheim.

So both of them have 1 goal and 1 assist the game after their children were born.

But the Kings are a great team themselves. One of them had to lose and I didn't expect them to go full DeBoer on the defense.

Desert Devil

Legend
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

That wasn't even a choke job either. They got beat by a team that took the ex Cup Champions to the brink of elimination in the next round. The Wings barely beat the Ducks in that second round in 2009.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Wild up 1-0. Parise sets up Spurgeon for a one timer. Parise on a 4-game point playoff streak.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The Ducks were still the #8 seed that year. That was every bit the choke job our gags from '97-99 were. The Sharks also lost to Calgary and Edmonton in playoff series. But more of the time it was about their not showing resiliency as opposed to actually choking (two straight sweeps in the WCF for example). Thankfully this version of the Sharks seem ready for business, it even went back to last year imo when they really lost a coinflip of a series to LA. LA wasn't the better team, they just survived a dead-even series.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The sharks were the better team for a lot of that ducks series. Eugene was ****ing terrible and sunk them that series. I wanted Nabokov to GTFO after that. Sadly he struck again in 2010 and the sharks made the WCF in spite of him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
The Ducks were still the #8 seed that year. That was every bit the choke job our gags from '97-99 were. The Sharks also lost to Calgary and Edmonton in playoff series. But more of the time it was about their not showing resiliency as opposed to actually choking (two straight sweeps in the WCF for example). Thankfully this version of the Sharks seem ready for business, it even went back to last year imo when they really lost a coinflip of a series to LA. LA wasn't the better team, they just survived a dead-even series.

Sharks did some good retooling, but I really think Larry has a lot to do with them looking more resilient.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Dallas needs to break out some old Duck Hunt from the NES days for the next game.

Supposedly they played Duck Hunt in the arena during the last game too (was reading the mainboard thread last night about the DuckTales ending) :laugh:

Whoever runs the entertainment in Dallas knows what they're doing...they also punked Justin Bieber on the scoreboard earlier this year about being a Leafs fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad