GDT: 2014 NHL Entry Draft II: You're Either Pro-Sang or You're No-Sang (We're No-Sang)

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Why the heck did you guys let Laty do the moderator mock? He has been playing League of Legends for the past year.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
If we end up taking a D at 14 I want McKeown. I trust the men in charge to make the right decision but thats who I think is the best available D man at 14.

However, I don't see us taking him at 14 since he's not BPA.

If we trade back and take Honka or Sanheim or whoever instead of McKeown I will be mad.

This is why I'm hoping they move down (unless someone falls to #14). A week ago I probably would have thought you were crazy for wanting McKeown, right now he is who I want, and in 12 twelve hours it will probably be different again. There are just so many choices that an extra second round pick could look fantastic down the road.

But like has been mentioned many times, I have full trust in the scouts and I am behind whoever they select.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
This draft is going to be a mess rankings wise, I'm fully prepared for the Stars to draft a guy at 14 who is not even a projected first rounder because they are afraid that trading back is too unpredictable. For all we know they have Mckeown at #8 on their draft board and Fabbri at #40 or something. They can sit there and tell us that these guys are all close together, but I'm sure they have clear-cut favorites in that mix from 10-40. Unless they get a ninja to check out the other draft boards I think they'll only take that risk if they don't have a guy they're fond of fall to them at 14 or some deal is too good to pass up (St. Louis giving them 21 and 33 is very tempting).

Then again, for all we know they're ************ us and we're packaging Chiasson and 14 for the Isles' 5th overall pick.

NFKappaB

Mo Money Mo Problems
Jun 29, 2011
Nova Scotia
It's going to be a really interesting day......my predictions:

Florida trades 1st overall to Edmonton (Edmonton drafts Ekblad)
Kulikov + 1st OA + something for 3rd OA + Yakupov???

Florida trades 3rd OA for more roster players/legit prospects, or drafts Drais

Dallas drafts 14th OA and takes Kaspanen

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Per a very good source ... Florida's beat reporter ... he FEELS ... not for certain ... FEELS ... Florida is moving the pick.

This could be very exciting today.

Harvey Fialkov ‏@hfialkov

After schmoozing in Philly I'm feeling Panthers are trading pick and will focus on D in free agency instead of taking Ekblad. #gutfeeling

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Well as long as you've got the feel.

I switched shifts so I'm working this morning in order to be off for the draft this evening but dear god is this day going to drag. Something happen please.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Get to watch the first round tonight, but can't follow the later rounds tomorrow morning since I am volunteering from 9-1 :cry:

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Dreger is a nut ....

Hope_Smoke @Hope_Smoke

Dreger on TSN Radio "Tallon has made it abundantly clear all week that he has no interest trading out of the top 10"

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Florida is considering a number of trade options for the 1st pick, including teams outside the top 10 offering current NHL players...

Within minutes of talking on the radio and tweeting that.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Would rather have it start a bit earlier and include all the rounds.

This is way better. They use to do it that way.

They've copied the NFL, and it works to drum up interest. The first round is special, and it's great to see it at night when most people are going to have an opportunity to watch it.

The general fan ... nearly no one on here ... couldn't care less about anything beyond the 2nd round. I'd say most common fans probably didn't care about the 1st round ... not to get up early on a Saturday to watch it either. Friday night, and a limited viewing time, IMO brings in more casual fans.

Plus I personally love the reset and anticipation of the next day. They aren't like the NHL ... the 2nd through 7th round picks just come in frenzy.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Per a very good source ... Florida's beat reporter ... he FEELS ... not for certain ... FEELS ... Florida is moving the pick.

This could be very exciting today.

Saw this last night. He says in that interview that they're probably going to make the pick, but that kind of doesn't jive with the fact that at least one team has gone "over and above" with their offer with regards to what Tallon has stated he's asking for.

Triple Ex El

Three sausage taquitos with cheese
Apr 29, 2013
DFW, TX
I guess I'll go on record...#YOLO pro Ho-Sang, I'm on the train. I'd prefer a move back to get an additional draft pick.

Primetimey*

Dallas gets #1 overall and takes Ekblad. HFBoards Dallas forum crashes.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
McKenzie says this is his last year doing the draft broadcast, though he will still be doing "comprehensive draft coverage" in years to come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad