GDT: 2014 NHL Draft Lottery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Meh. Florida is still the place careers go to die. I'm not bothered by this.
Pretty sure we can book Bennett honestly... or Leon.
Unsure of where the ****** kitties will kind of aim, Ekblad?

TheClassicK*

So it's either Draisaitl or Dal Colle for us... I can't put any bias into this but I haven't seen many elite German hockey players to play in the NHL, so I hope Burke stays with his philosophy to draft a big sized sniper in Dal Colle. Very happy with the draft turnout!

Noori

Jul 7, 2007
Calgary
This was the best possible result, short of Calgary winning the lottery. Vancouver, Toronto, and Edmonton don't win (or anyone higher in the standings pushing us down to 5th). If Buffalo or Florida take Ekblad, Edmonton may take Draisatl leaving us with Bennett or Reinhart.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Called it. Just glad it wasn't EDM or VAN. Happy to retain 4th.

Florida: Reinhart
Buffalo: Bennett
Edmonton: Ekblad
Calgary: Dal Colle
New York: Draisaitl
I disagree. Panthers have a very deep group of centre prospects (Huberdeau, Barkov, Bjudstad, Grimaldi, Rau and Pirri) and needs depth on their blueline badly. They will undoubtedly pick Ekblad.

In fact as I was typing this Button nailed my top 5 perfectly.

GetThePuckOut

Mar 8, 2010
Calgary
I can't believe the Ducks have the 10th overall pick. I'm very intrigued by how that one turns out.

Anyway, really hoping for any of the top 5 but Draisaitl. I like him, but I like the other 4 a lot better.

TheClassicK*

I really don't think Reinhart, Ekblad, and Bennett will fall out of the Top 3, so don't get your hopes up at any of those three. It's up to us to choose between Dal Colle and Draisaitl.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
With so many different opinions of who will fall to us, it's safe to say of the top 5-6 in this years draft, we're getting the 4th.

Unless he feels the need to move up or down, we are getting a player we need and everything is going the best way it can right now.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
I really don't think Reinhart, Ekblad, and Bennett will fall out of the Top 3, so don't get your hopes up at any of those three. It's up to us to choose between Dal Colle and Draisaitl.

Either or would be terrific. So long as Burke doesn't reach for Ritchie or Virtanen.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Craig Button has the Flames taking Bennett. I would okay with this. Very okay.

Once I saw the outcome, this was my opinion too.
The wildcard is Florida. If they take Reinhart, I think Buffall goes with Bennett. But I see it going:

Ekblad
Reinhart
Leon
Bennett

I think the Flames make out like bandits.

Sean Monahan

JIMMIES ARE RUSTLED
Nov 25, 2011
Murrica

I think the Oilers love Draisaitl more than anyone, simply because he fills their need as a big centerman.

TheClassicK*

Either or would be terrific. So long as Burke doesn't reach for Ritchie or Virtanen.
Exactly. Some people on the Flames Facebook page have been saying we should pick Virtanen just because they've seen him play for the Hitmen.:shakehead

Dal Colle's the perfect fit for us. From what I've seen from him this season, he has an NHL shot, great sense around the net, great hands, and great physicality to his game. He could play on any of Backlund or Monahan's line if he makes the team next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad