Prospect Info: 2014 Lightning Development Camp

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
DeAngelo was the only one I saw really hustling (whilst alt-tabbing, possible I could have missed some).

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Final stats from 3v3 tournament
Br4FSC5CYAIlYwl.jpg

Yzlamic Preacher*

Damn you east coast time people! Well I am now at work though. Franklin put up your videos so I can enjoy some puck while I puck.

Jacko95

Sep 19, 2012
Could Somebody do a quick write up on as many players as possible for this training camp? Do we sign Costello or any of the free agents? Witt?

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Next up for a lot of these guys is the Rookie camp and the Prospect Tournament with Florida, Boston, and Nashville, but that stuffs not until September. :/

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
is Wilcox free to sign with anyone after next June 1? NCAA players are the new "Russian" factor.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
is Wilcox free to sign with anyone after next June 1? NCAA players are the new "Russian" factor.

Here's what it was for Justin Schultz

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=396872
Justin Schultz, the Anaheim Ducks second-round pick and blue-chip defenceman prospect, has officially "de-registered" from the University of Wisconsin.

That triggers a process that will likely make him an unrestricted free agent, perhaps as early as the NHL Draft on June 22.

According to league rules, from the time Anaheim was given notice of the de-registration from school -- believed to be Tuesday of this week -- the Ducks have a 30-day exclusive window where they still own his rights and can either try to sign him or trade him.

Because Schultz has chosen to initiate this process to free agency, there's no logical reason to believe there's any chance of Anaheim signing him now when they could not get it done through most of April and May.

It is believed Anaheim will try to recoup something for Schultz in trade but that option only works if Schultz is prepared to negotiate with the team(s) Anaheim would trade him to.

A trade could lead to Schultz signing with the team of his choice and the Ducks getting something in return. Or Schultz could simply wait for the 30-day window to expire -- presumably on June 21 -- and begin entertaining free-agent offers from any team.

Schultz would not, however, be able to actually sign an NHL contract until July 1.
http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2012/2/8/2784263/ducks-expected-to-quack-for-schultz

So the choice is all his. He can
1. Leave school as soon as his season is over and sign with the bolts and play immediately to become a RFA a year quicker (after the 2016 season)
2. Leave school after this season is over and sign with the bolts in the summer (becomes a RFA after the 2017 season)
3. Leave school as soon as his season is over, follow the Justin Schultz path to go to a team of his choosing by trade or when he's free to make his own choice as a free agent.
4. Stay in school and play out his senior year and then sign with the bolts.

You won't have this problem with a player like Johnathan MacLeod who is going directly to the college level right after he was drafted. With draft picks like him, you have 4 years before you have to make a decision. With Wilcox he played another year in the USHL after he was drafted before going to college. This thing in the CBA I think is for these players so they can also sign after 4 years instead of 5.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad