Clay Witt
6-2 G
22 years old
Northeastern Univ. (NCAA)
2.37GAA, .932SV%

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I really have to start going to UNB games. Seems like there are plenty of Bolt scouts at them.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
http://www.boltprospects.com/content/lightning-announce-prospect-development-camp-roster
Cam Maclise is a big, potential power forward out of the Alberta Junior Hockey League. The Brooks captain was formally and Edmonton Oil King in the WHL. Power forwards are slow developers, so it's possible Maclise, who had 27 goals and 83 points in 59 games two years ago, could have an AHL contract with Syracuse in his future if he shows well. Maclise tried out for the LA Kings last summer after leading the Bandits to the AJHL championship. He earned another invitation to the Kings' rookie camp before completing his first season with the University of New Brunswick. He finished with one goal and nine points in 28 games.
...the Lightning are bringing in Kodie Curran, who just finished with 25 points in 23 games for the University of Calgary (though he is a lefty). He's another who's now on contract watch. Curran was named the AJHL's top defenseman three times prior to playing for the UC Dinos. Curran, who was late finishing high school, committed to Western Ontario originally and was in talks with Nebraska-Omaha about joining that program, but ended up with Calgary. Had he gone to UNO he would have been Sustr's teammate.
The biggest name outside of the obvious drafted prospects is Clay Witt, who was a Hobey Baker finalist for Northeastern University. He's a big goaltender who's athletic and put up good numbers last season (2.37 GAA, .932 sv%, 4 SO). With the No. 5 goaltender spot open in the organization, Witt is currently the leader in the clubhouse for that spot, be it on an AHL or NHL contract.
https://twitter.com/BoltProspects
#TBLightning says Koekkoek will be non-contact for July, as may Peca (injured late in season). Expected that 2014 draftees will be added.
https://twitter.com/SakuSalminen
Helsinki-Montreal-Tampa-Helsinki. Ready for take-off! First training in Montreal and then to Tampa for development camp! Pretty excited!

Yzlamic Preacher*

No one noticed that Gusev is coming over? I can't remember, has he ever come over before?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Hoping all 3 of those invitees have a good camp. All 3 would fill a position of need for us.

AimForTopCheddar

trust the yzerplan
Feb 7, 2012
Calgary
Can't help but cheer for Curran since he is a UC Dino. I'm hoping for Drouin, Koekkoek, and Blujus to have a good camp and hopefully earn their spots on the roster.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
Side related Korobov is staying and I said this last year and going to repeat. I don't care if you are over aged or whatever if you are fighting for a spot you should beg for a spot in camp and play your butt off at every opportunity.

I hope someone does this one day and makes the team.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Hoping all 3 of those invitees have a good camp. All 3 would fill a position of need for us.

It's going to be hard for them to earn an NHL contract, we have a lot of RFA'S to potentially resign. I can see them possibly getting AHL deals with Witt the most likely to get an NHL deal if one were to get a deal.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
It's going to be hard for them to earn an NHL contract, we have a lot of RFA'S to potentially resign. I can see them possibly getting AHL deals with Witt the most likely to get an NHL deal if one were to get a deal.

I highly doubt any of them get NHL contracts. They would be getting AHL deals for sure

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
We have 8 picks in this draft atm, and we could send more invites to those who go undrafted. The list for this camp is going to get bigger and I'm sure we will cover our needs.

Our scouts also have a history of picking up older draft eligible players, so there's a good chance we grab a guy who gets a contract right away and joins the crunch like Gudlevskis did last year or Palat and Gudas before him.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Clay Witt article

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/hock...ve-invited-to-lightning-prospect-camp/2186518

Clay Witt was 8 years old, a little pudgy kid from Brandon, when he got to go on the ice and have a photo taken with Lightning goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin.

"It was cool," Witt said, "especially seeing someone you aspire to be."

Witt learned a lot from watching the "Bulin Wall" and Lightning goalie Daren Puppa. His family had season tickets during the team's 2004 Stanley Cup run, and they went to nearly every home regular-season game, with Witt — one of the Lightning's biggest and bravest fans — the center of attention.

"His big thing was getting on the big screen (at the arena)," his mother, Rebecca, said. "He used to dance and get on it. It was pretty cool."

The next time Witt, 22, is on the Tampa Bay Times Forum JumboTron, he hopes it's in a Lightning uniform.

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
Anyone headed there today? Fun starts at 11:30am @ Brandon Ice Arena: 10222 Elizabeth PL, Tampa, FL.

2020 Cup Champions

Formerly Sila v Kucherove
Nov 26, 2013
Decided not to go today. I'll probably drop in tomorrow or go to Calculus tutoring on Friday and follow up with a visit to camp.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Didn't see Erne nor Koekkoek this morning...thought that was odd.

Joe Smith ‏@TBTimes_JSmith 4m
#tblightning Erne had a minor medical issue and will just be skating ( no contact) for now.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Erik Erlendsson ‏@erlendssonTBO
Of note in addition to Koekkoek only doing non-contact drills and Peca off-ice only, Adam Erne is doing only skating drills at prospect camp

Cigar City

Apr 21, 2012
Tampa
I'll be there tomorrow and post some videos and comments about my thoughts that no one will care about.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad