Prospect Info: 2014 Leafs Board Prospect Ranking: #4

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Granberg, Percy, Ashton are all ahead of Gauthier, how the hell did all you people get Fred so high, jesus.

exactly.

gauthier had an abysmal year. Their team had to trade for someone to come in and take 2nd line minutes away from him so he can play on the 3rd line.

How on Earth is a 3rd liner in the minors in our top 10 prospects? what an awful awful pick

Donald McRonald

Interested observer
Sep 13, 2009
United Nations
exactly.

gauthier had an abysmal year. Their team had to trade for someone to come in and take 2nd line minutes away from him so he can play on the 3rd line.

How on Earth is a 3rd liner in the minors in our top 10 prospects? what an awful awful pick

Not saying Fred is a bad prospect or anything, I like him. But this kid needs way more development time.
Whoever is in charge of this poll should do another pick at 3 for this one.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Gauthier shouldnt even be in top 5.

Verheaghe is from the same draft and is 10x the better player already

I agree with you, based on Gauthier's year, I don't know how or why people would make him the 3rd best prospect on the Leafs.

It's another fine example of why HF polls are more popularity contests and not a true reflection of a factual poll.

I have Gauthier atleast behind Brown, Finn, Leivo, Nylander, Percy, Johnson, Verhaeghe, Granberg in prospects rating.

Can't agree about the 10x better comment, but I gather you like Verhaeghe. Thought he was better at last year's camp than Gauthier. Will see how it shapes up this year if Freddy Gauch will show better.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I agree with you, based on Gauthier's year, I don't know how or why people would make him the 3rd best prospect on the Leafs.

It's another fine example of why HF polls are more popularity contests and not a true reflection of a factual poll.

I have Gauthier atleast behind Brown, Finn, Leivo, Nylander, Percy, Johnson, Verhaeghe, Granberg in prospects rating.

Can't agree about the 10x better comment, but I gather you like Verhaeghe. Thought he was better at last year's camp than Gauthier. Will see how it shapes up this year if Freddy Gauch will show better.

The Verheaghe comment may have been an exaggeration, but watching Verhaeghe put the team on his back and then watching Gauthier let his team down over and over, made me seriously question that pick

ChrisCall

Jun 25, 2012
How many people here watched Gauthier play last season... ?
On his home club...

I saw maybe half a dozen games, which isn't really enough to say that i KNOW, but it's probably still more than all but one or two people here.

.. so unless we can source reputable / knowledgeable hockey minds that are saying Bustier, enough with the Bustier.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
52 points in 54 games , and 9 points in 11 PO games , while being a top 2 player for them in the POs = Abysmal. Good to know.

in comparison, Kadri put up 93 points in his season including 27 points in 12 playoff games.

So ya, that is abysmal, if not worse than abysmal stats

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
in comparison, Kadri put up 93 points in his season including 27 points in 12 playoff games.

You're comparing apples and oranges (always wanted to say that)

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario

Kadri put up 65 points in 68 games in his second season in the CHL.

Gauthier had 52 points in 54 games in his second season in the CHL.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Kadri put up 65 points in 68 games in his second season in the CHL.

Gauthier had 52 points in 54 games in his second season in the CHL.

Kadri put up 93 points after his draft year, Gauthier put up 52.

If you cant understand logic, you are totally lost

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Kadri was also 7 months older than Gauthier. Kadri also had the extra 2 years experience in the CHL. These things make a difference.

7 months older :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Your so smart. 7 months makes a huge difference when theyre 19 right?

Last edited by a moderator:

mikebel111*

Lol at the Gauthier hate fest here. Leave the kid alone and let him develop.
And whoever is saying awful pick, please learn to be patient
Gauthier is just fine right now

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
To me, Leivo and Percy have equal value and should be 'tied'. I went with Leivo simply because his game has been so good with the Leafs and the Marlies, he gets the vote for now.

Percy will be next. Gauthier would have been after that.

Brown doesn't have the AHL experience quite yet to be considered in that top 5 and question marks about his skating just leaves him out... but doesn't make him a bad prospect. Still has plenty of potential and could shoot up to #1 in no time if he can contribute with the Marlies. Johnson had an amazing season but just like Brown, if he can put up another big season in the SHL and improves on his question marks, he'll jump to the top pretty fast.

Also, if Holland was removed from the prospect ranking, you might as well remove Ashton as well. It makes no sense to keep one over the other.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Wow... Some serious drama queens here regarding Gauthier.

He scored like 15 -20 less points than he should have. Boo-****in' hoo. Yeah his career is definitely doomed because of that :rolleyes:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
exactly.

I don't say this often, but you have no idea what you're talking about if you think Gauthier and an abysmal year.

I understand you're purely judging a player based on his offensive output, and that's something to consider, but to say he had an abysmal year simply on that is just pure wrong. I've watched him play quite a bit this season and he was always a stand out even if he wasn't on the score sheet. The fact that he took close to 1850 faceoffs this season tells you a lot about how his team heavily relies on him for more then just points.

He definitely has to keep working on his offensive game, especially his shot but his high motor game, face off winning ability and work along the boards is just so damn great and it should only keep getting better as he gets stronger. Fans have to remember he's a late bloomer, even at the CHL level, so his overall game is very raw. Hopefully his offensive game does go to another level next season though.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad